Cat Cdma Hanging

joka

Hello all,

I have been using CAT CDMA for around two years now, great service, no problems at all, with a download speed of 140 kBps.

The past two months have seen a bit of change; a lot of dropped connections, 30% or more reduction in speed, and a lot of hanging connections. I can hardly keep a connection going for two hours.

I am in Nakhon si Thammarat province. Is anyone else having these problems?

I can vouch for a serious drop in speed lately.

I've had the CDMA device for almost a year on Koh Samui and it's been more than adequate - I'm delighted to have any connection as I'm too far from the phone mains, but the speed has always been up to high speed surfing, video streaming quality, and with no problems logging on at any time of day or night.

But in the last month it has deteriorated noticeably - many times I can't connect, or have to make many attempts, often I can't send mail (using OUtlook) and have to fiddle with the smtp settings (especially in the afternoons). Sometimes I have to delay sending for many hours or log onto webmail.

Now even web surfing is become excruciatingly slow.

I've really seen it deteriorate to the point where it is no longer a pleasure to be online.

Hey shelleyp,

Well, it might be an issue with where we are located. I am directly across from you on the mainland in Khanom. I will get in touch with CAT within the next few days and try and see if there is a problem that can be resolved.

John

Hello all,

I have been using CAT CDMA for around two years now, great service, no problems at all, with a download speed of 140 kBps.

The past two months have seen a bit of change; a lot of dropped connections, 30% or more reduction in speed, and a lot of hanging connections. I can hardly keep a connection going for two hours.

I am in Nakhon si Thammarat province. Is anyone else having these problems?

Are you connecting to CDMA with your Nokia 6630? Because in case of affirmative "that" is your problem... :o

I'm living outside of Nong Phok, Roi Et city. I had same problems. I use Yagi antenna and USb connect for Internet.

I was called to CAT CDMA service center and reported tht problems. And CAT CDMA send technician to me immediatelly.

He fixed my Antenna and controled modem, and its working fine. so good.

In my opinion, you have to contact to CAT CDMA company and tell them your problems.. CAT provide excellent services..

My guess is these are growing pains. For a while nobody knew about CAT CDMA so they didn't have too much traffic. Now I feel like pretty much everybody knows about it, there seems to be a critical mass of users where it starts spreading faster.

TOT becoming basically useless has do do with that too, of course. My CAT CDMA is working fine these days, and way faster than TOT DSL 2MB where I live.