Question On Using Mobile To Browse Web (not Laptop)

stament

How does it work in Thailand if I want to look at the web using my mobile to check things. Does this count as data (even thought I don't have a laptop) or voice mins?

Do they do packages for this if I want voice mins too on DTAC, 1-2-Call, etc?

Thanks

How does it work in Thailand if I want to look at the web using my mobile to check things. Does this count as data (even thought I don't have a laptop) or voice mins?

Thanks

I am using DTAC's 20-hour package.

it only costs 109 Baht per month. They have a promotion that doubles your time to 40 hours with a one month validity. It's a bargain. That's getting a total of 40 hours for only 109 Baht.

The speed depends generally on your location. I only use it when I am away from my computer or where connection is not available.

Give DTAC a call at 1678.

To answer your question, it counts as data. All the major providers have voice/data packages, so best bet is to phone them and see who comes up best for you. I've got he AIS 50 hours/month deal for data (internet/MSN/chat time), which costs just over 200 thb/month if I remember correctly. I use my mobile a fair bit for data connections and still 50 hours does me fine (actually I seldom use that amount), so unless you intent to be a very heavy user, I would recommend 50 hours as a max...

Good luck.

To answer your question, it counts as data. All the major providers have voice/data packages, so best bet is to phone them and see who comes up best for you. I've got he AIS 50 hours/month deal for data (internet/MSN/chat time), which costs just over 200 thb/month if I remember correctly. I use my mobile a fair bit for data connections and still 50 hours does me fine (actually I seldom use that amount), so unless you intent to be a very heavy user, I would recommend 50 hours as a max...

Good luck.

Thanks guys. Do you get voice as well as part of your package or do you have to do the top-up cards on top of the data?

Thanks

I am using DTAC's 20-hour package.

it only costs 109 Baht per month. They have a promotion that doubles your time to 40 hours with a one month validity. It's a bargain. That's getting a total of 40 hours for only 109 Baht.

The speed depends generally on your location. I only use it when I am away from my computer or where connection is not available.

Give DTAC a call at 1678.

I'm using this as well, but 99baht instead. No talk time. Incoming free of course. Calls are like 1.5 or 1.8Baht per minute.

There are lots of plans with mix and match data+voice. Check their websites or g o to your local mall and get some flyers.

There are some decent promotions every now and then so keep an eye out for them.

I've also got separate voice/data packages on pay-as-you-go with AIS. I thought the mixed data/voice packages were only available for monthly subscribers, but I could well be wrong. Give them a bell to see what's what is your start point I reckon...

Hope you get it sorted.