Arrived In Chang Mai

rickthailand

Located on Sanambin Rd. about halfway between Airport Plaza and the CM airport on your left (as you're going towards the airport).

Chiang Mai Immigration

71 Moo 3, Sanambin Rd., T. Suthep

A. Muang, Chiang Mai

Tel: 053 201 7556

Believe their hours are 0830-1630 M-F

(Not sure about Sat & Sun though)

Have fun. It's a great city. I spend my winters here and couldn't be happier. I've NEVER felt threatened anywhere I've been, and I walk a lot in all parts of the city at all hours of the day and night. But then, I don't get drunk, either, and treat EVERYONE with respect.

Just watch out for the Thai traffic. NOTHING MAKES SENSE here and there are basically NO rules of behaviour when it comes to traffic and parking. NEVER trust a one way street and expect people to travel in the correct direction. Sidewalks are NOT for walking!

Have fun. It's a great city. I spend my winters here and couldn't be happier. I've NEVER felt threatened anywhere I've been, and I walk a lot in all parts of the city at all hours of the day and night. But then, I don't get drunk, either, and treat EVERYONE with respect.

Just watch out for the Thai traffic. NOTHING MAKES SENSE here and there are basically NO rules of behaviour when it comes to traffic and parking. NEVER trust a one way street and expect people to travel in the correct direction. Sidewalks are NOT for walking!

Can't say that I have ever felt threatened either, BUT the word is (the GF's mate is married to a sen sarg in the RTP) and he says "be very careful" where you go, what you have in the way of adornments (gold chains, watches, rings etc) as there are a lot of people having difficulty getting by due to the current financial crisis.

Be warned!! :o

Edited by john b good