Phuket Bike Week 2009 : Asia's No.1 Motorcycle Festival

robinhill

nice dude!!!!! got any pics? where did you buy it from...DETAILS MAN DETAILS!!!!!!!!

Ya man..Its a 05 Canadian spec R1 imported so have invoice , paid for her today i went and bought it from a warehouse on Rama 3 and got to inspect all 30 or so boxes which is to be my new bike..the nice thing about this is i know its not been (ab)used ) in Thailand and due to buying this way i got a great deal. It is of course how all these bikes arrive here ( mostly ) this is just the source. You choose your bike from a picture catalog on a 38" screen and get a 3 month warranty on everything.

I was told it will be ready in 5 days so should make the Phuket ride , getting full 07 Rossi Replica job done ( superficial of course ) and me Akrapovics fitted.

Should look something like this once finished..

fiat+yam+1.jpg

nice dude!!!!! got any pics? where did you buy it from...DETAILS MAN DETAILS!!!!!!!!

Ya man..Its a 05 Canadian spec R1 imported so have invoice , paid for her today i went and bought it from a warehouse on Rama 3 and got to inspect all 30 or so boxes which is to be my new bike..the nice thing about this is i know its not been (ab)used ) in Thailand and due to buying this way i got a great deal. It is of course how all these bikes arrive here ( mostly ) this is just the source. You choose your bike from a picture catalog on a 38" screen and get a 3 month warranty on everything.

I was told it will be ready in 5 days so should make the Phuket ride , getting full 07 Rossi Replica job done ( superficial of course ) and me Akrapovics fitted.

fiat%20yam%201.jpg

Might get back into the game...Had to scrub Samui Bike Week trip (work...) so looking at taking the trip down again..Not sure if my little 929 RR CBR can keep up with you gents.....

Chris

Alright you soft cox! Who's riding to Phuket? So far seems only Trent and Andrew and myself are going for sure. A lot of maybes from the rest of the crew...

Plan is to reach Hua Hin by 0900 and Ranong sometime between 1400-1600. Staying at Tinidee Hotel. Something about hot springs and massage, a seafood dinner, and "Night Party" in Downtown Ranong. :o

AnthonyR1- you ride a Yamaha! Be there or be square! Wonder if, out of respect, I should cover up the Kawasaki emblems on my bike? :wai:

Happy Trails!

Tony

kottan is also definitely in.

AntR1 has decided to pull the plug. Due to circumstances beyond his control. :D

There is no way Kottan and I will ride with a Yamaha group. Wanna stay independant. Loose 'n' fast kinda thing.

Anyhooter as mentioned before, we are doing it within a single day leaving on the 9th.Meet at 5:30 then shoot before 6am if possible. Hey might pass Tony & Trent bimbling along. (what a waste of Trent's new bike :D ) Don't worry we will wave.

Coolio Travelmate- I hear ya about the 'independent' thingy- but FYI, the Yammie boyz haul A$$! (Only problem is they seem to need piss and smoke breaks hourly...) :D I can assure you that Trent and I will not 'bimble' :D

I've always wanted to check out the Highway 4 along the Ranong coast- I hear it's a beautiful road and nice scenery too.

Anyway- you on your Triumph Tiger and Kottan on his Honda VFR have the perfect bikes for long haul cruising. We did Chiang Rai to Bangkok in 8 hours so it can certainly be done. Not sure Trent would want to spend 8 plus hours in the saddle of his new rocket, unless he rides directly to the hospital in Phuket for rehab :P (Don't forget there may be some pretty heavy holiday traffic as well)

Look forward to seeing you in Phuket! You know where you're going to stay yet?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Alright you soft cox! Who's riding to Phuket? So far seems only Trent and Andrew and myself are going for sure. A lot of maybes from the rest of the crew...

Plan is to reach Hua Hin by 0900 and Ranong sometime between 1400-1600. Staying at Tinidee Hotel. Something about hot springs and massage, a seafood dinner, and "Night Party" in Downtown Ranong. :o

AnthonyR1- you ride a Yamaha! Be there or be square! Wonder if, out of respect, I should cover up the Kawasaki emblems on my bike? :P

Happy Trails!

Tony

kottan is also definitely in.

AntR1 has decided to pull the plug. Due to circumstances beyond his control. :D

There is no way Kottan and I will ride with a Yamaha group. Wanna stay independant. Loose 'n' fast kinda thing.

Anyhooter as mentioned before, we are doing it within a single day leaving on the 9th.Meet at 5:30 then shoot before 6am if possible. Hey might pass Tony & Trent bimbling along. (what a waste of Trent's new bike :D ) Don't worry we will wave.

Coolio Travelmate- I hear ya about the 'independent' thingy- but FYI, the Yammie boyz haul A$! (Only problem is they seem to need piss and smoke breaks hourly...) :D I can assure you that Trent and I will not 'bimble' :D

I've always wanted to check out the Highway 4 along the Ranong coast- I hear it's a beautiful road and nice scenery too.

Anyway- you on your Triumph Tiger and Kottan on his Honda VFR have the perfect bikes for long haul cruising. We did Chiang Rai to Bangkok in 8 hours so it can certainly be done. Not sure Trent would want to spend 8 plus hours in the saddle of his new rocket, unless he rides directly to the hospital in Phuket for rehab :jerk: (Don't forget there may be some pretty heavy holiday traffic as well)

Look forward to seeing you in Phuket! You know where you're going to stay yet?

Happy Trails!

Tony

Yes I have heard of the Yamaha's need to stop regularly. Which makes it a bit of a drag. Get off the bike, helmet off, talk, helmet back on, heave back on the bike. etc,etc....

As you have mentioned heavy holiday traffic. Thus as a large group gonna be difficult to haul ass. Let alone a couple of riders.

Kottan arrange a place in some guesthouse in the heart of Patong. I'll let you guys know, when I get there. We'll be on the beach sunning ourselves by the time you boys roll in. :wai:

Anyhooter, ride safe and see you guys in Phuket.

Cool bike. :D

Hope you have your waterproofs - has anyone checked the long range weather forcast - it looks like Friday is going to be a wet day! :o

Cheers Kev

fiat%20yam%201.jpg

Hope you have your waterproofs - has anyone checked the long range weather forcast - it looks like Friday is going to be a wet day! :o

Cheers Kev

Yeah- awesome ride Peter! Congratulations!

I don't put too much weight on the weather forecast a week out, but the rainy season is indeed approaching.

We'll just have to keep our fingers crossed and hope for the best! Normal rain doesn't bother me, but heavy tropical rain is a drag to ride in.

Hoping for sunny skies and dry riding! :D

Happy Trails!

Tony

Cheers Kev

Hey Kevin, dam never thought about the rain..been spoilt up here with great weather...will add to the list , nice one.

Peter

Cheers Kev

fiat%20yam%201.jpg

dam_n...I am jealous