90 Day Notification

I did a search on this forum regarding my question but found conflicting results so I will post my question in the hope I can have a correct answer.

I got a Non O retirement visa stamp on 12 december 2008 which expires 11 march 2009 and and an extension of stay which is valid untill 11 march 2010.In my passport the immigration attached a piece of paper with the information that I have to notify again for my first time on 11 march 2009.

I would like to find out exactly which documents,copy's,eventual amount of pictures etc. i wll need to provide on this day of notification.

Thanks in advance for your replies.

I did a search on this forum regarding my question but found conflicting results so I will post my question in the hope I can have a correct answer.

I got a Non O retirement visa stamp on 12 december 2008 which expires 11 march 2009 and and an extension of stay which is valid untill 11 march 2010.In my passport the immigration attached a piece of paper with the information that I have to notify again for my first time on 11 march 2009.

I would like to find out exactly which documents,copy's,eventual amount of pictures etc. i wll need to provide on this day of notification.

Just take your passport and this form If you cannot download they will have it at Immigration. No Fee.

Have a look here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

But contact your immigration office first, not all allow it by mail.

Thanks for all the replies so far.Mario the link you posted describes the requirements when doing the norification by registered mail and says that I need to provide a copy of all passport pages and arrival card.

However i will do my notification in person,will I need to provide those copy's also.

Have a look here: http://www.immigration.go.th/nov2004/en/base.php?page=90days

But contact your immigration office first, not all allow it by mail.

Thanks for all the replies so far.Mario the link you posted describes the requirements when doing the norification by registered mail and says that I need to provide a copy of all passport pages and arrival card.

However i will do my notification in person,will I need to provide those copy's also.

No. Just turn up with your passport.

so since apparently no proof of address is needed for this process it's really a lame law isn't it?

and I bet this 90day report won't count as proof of address to e.g. make drivers license am I close?

such a real proof I understand exist only in a separate & reluctantly given process - probably fee driven too?

!!!

cheers :o

Will depend on the immigration office. Chiangmai immigration requires a copy of your passport and arrival card along with the TM47. That just started a few months ago. A notice is posted at the immigration counter of these requirements. Also on that same notice, it says this is NOT an extension to stay. :o

Will depend on the immigration office. Chiangmai immigration requires a copy of your passport and arrival card along with the TM47. That just started a few months ago. A notice is posted at the immigration counter of these requirements. Also on that same notice, it says this is NOT an extension to stay. :o

I do remember members saying that Jontiem required proof of address. Most offices only need your passport and TM47.

Will depend on the immigration office. Chiangmai immigration requires a copy of your passport and arrival card along with the TM47. That just started a few months ago. A notice is posted at the immigration counter of these requirements. Also on that same notice, it says this is NOT an extension to stay. :D

I do remember members saying that Jontiem required proof of address. Most offices only need your passport and TM47.

Well this is what I meant in the OP with conflicting results.It is clear that even the immigration offices don't know what is required.

I have to go to jomtien office so I will provide proof of address by using a copy of my driver license as I know they will accept that.However that's another joke,a driver license with an address printed on that is valid for 5 years.So even If you move house 25 times the address shown on the license is still proof of address. :o:D

Will report back after I been to the office.Thanks for the replies.

As it is notification of staying more than 90 days, they only need to see your passport and the filled form.

I reported 2 weeks ago and that is all I showed at Nong Khai.

However, I took copies of my passport and departure card, proof of address, photo - JUST IN CASE.

It costs nothing to take these things, so why not?

You are best to phone the immigration office you will go to, a day or two before you go, and ask them specifically which documents you need to take. In Chiang Khan, they required copies of all pages of passport, signed by you on each page of copy, a current photo, and of course your original passport; they helped me fill out the 90-day form there. I brought along a copy of my tambien baan for proof of address, but they didn't require that. It seems to be ok if you go in a few days in advance - and if you're missing something, or they throw you a curve, you don't have to rush to get it done.

When I went, I took a briefcase full of anything I thought they might need/ask for. But it all went smoothly, no problems. Good luck!

I went to Nong Khai last Monday and did a 90 day report along with other things. They required a copy of the face page of my passport, TM6 and entry stamp.

Also I cannot see any adress on my drivers licence. It is a new type issued to replace lost ones.

John

"Also I cannot see any adress on my drivers licence. It is a new type issued to replace lost ones.

Are you talking about the regular plastic licences they now issue?

The address is on the back. About half way down, in Thai, tiny print.

I have also to go to Nongkhai, but this is new for me. The last 10-years I receive yearly a visa for one-year.

But in May I am 60-years old, and now want the immigrationpolice in Nongkhai to see my face every three month.

I living in Khon Kaen, and every three month then I have to loss one whole day to travel to Nongkhai by bus

or by train. My question is...is it possible to send the "Receipt of Notifaction" and a new fill up TM 47 form by postmail

to Nongkhai or Bangkok. I know that the Thai government use now also the computer, so that my three month registration

can in the computer of the immigrationoffice nationwide.

post-2404-1236484887_thumb.jpg

I have also to go to Nongkhai, but this is new for me. The last 10-years I receive yearly a visa for one-year.

But in May I am 60-years old, and now want the immigrationpolice in Nongkhai to see my face every three month.

I living in Khon Kaen, and every three month then I have to loss one whole day to travel to Nongkhai by bus

or by train. My question is...is it possible to send the "Receipt of Notifaction" and a new fill up TM 47 form by postmail

to Nongkhai or Bangkok. I know that the Thai government use now also the computer, so that my three month registration

can in the computer of the immigrationoffice nationwide.

You mean you have never had to give 90 days notification? Sorry how have you got away with that? maybe they never check anyway if you have given notice..As from what I can tell this notification is not put on a computer base but logged in a ledger..

A question. Now we have to do our visa extension in the office where we live do we have to give 90days notice there or can we do that at any immergation office..??

Don't forget that immigration now have you allocated to a particular (regional) office. Check in advance where your required office is. So computerisation helps Thai admin but doesn't give you freedom to choose the office.

I guess that the reasoning is twofold.

1) They get to know you ( and become more trusting?)

2) Takes the weight off the popular offices.

I have to go to jomtien office so I will provide proof of address by using a copy of my driver license as I know they will accept that.

When Jomtien originally requested proof of address they suggested current things like a recent electric bill. I took along a copy of a recent TOT monthly bill, which they accepted without comment. It's possible they'll accept the driver's license, but it wasn't listed in the suggested acceptable proofs that I saw and they may want something that is more up-to-date than that.

Don't forget that immigration now have you allocated to a particular (regional) office. Check in advance where your required office is. So computerisation helps Thai admin but doesn't give you freedom to choose the office.

In other threads, posters have categorically stated that you can do your 90 day reports at ANY immigration office.

There seems to be some confusion over the 90 day issue.

Under the new rule regarding you local office it is still not clear if you can do the 90 day report anywhere or only at your own office. I myslef would say you have to use your own office and I have seen a post form anothe member being told to use his own office next time.

You only need your passport. You must go every three months to confirm your whereabouts. You fill in a form and they attach part of it to your passport. Normally only takes only a few minutes and there is no fee. If you find this a problem you can pick up a few forms at immigration and post your passport to them. You must enclose a stamped adressed envelope for the return of your passport.

You only need your passport. You must go every three months to confirm your whereabouts. You fill in a form and they attach part of it to your passport. Normally only takes only a few minutes and there is no fee. If you find this a problem you can pick up a few forms at immigration and post your passport to them. You must enclose a stamped adressed envelope for the return of your passport.

OP's question has already been answered above. I just want to comment on posting your passport. You do not post your passport, you send coppies of the relevant pages of the passport.

If Immigration asks for proof of address for the 90 day report I can understand requiring a recent within a month an invoice that has your name and address listed on that invoice. Chances are pretty good you reside at the address on the invoice. And why do they want a person to report to the office in the region so they can get "familiar" with your face. Perhaps even a first name basis? Goes a long way in trust and making things happen. I can also understand that a driver license would not be on the acceptable list as a person can live almost anywhere in Thailand during the validity of the card and not proving where you live.

But all of this goes out the window when mailing in a report as they don't ask for address verification. From what I hear and read it seems Pattaya is the only one requiring the proof of address.

After attending your local Immigration Office, you will know what they require for the next time. It sounds like not every Office has the same requirements. If you take your Passport, a photocopy of the face page,a photocopy of the page showing details of your most recent Immigration stamp, and photocopy of your Departure card, you should be covered. It also sounds like some proof of residence is required by some Offices ( not required here in Ranong).

If you have been keeping up with the news and postings on this Forum, you will find that you have to report to the Immigration Office that covers the area that you reside in.

Update to the OP.

Went today to the Jomtien immigration office to make my notification.

I had copy's of passport,arrival stamp,visa stamp,arrival tm card etc..All they wanted was to see my passport,the TM 47 form and a copy of an utility bill.

They attached a new paper into my passport which indicates the next notification date,easy then I don't have to count myself,and a small notice that says the following " A document shows distinct location address must show document

Copy

1.house register or 2. contract of rent,value water bill,electricity bill,or the bill is other,etc"

Mission completed. :o

I have same visa...you will of course need to take your passport, all you have to do is fill out a form with address of where you are in thailand..but new rule, you can only do this in the province you live in now, use to be you could do at any thai immigration...so, if you live in chiang mai, of course can only do in chiang mai, bangkok, bangkok etc...

I have same visa...you will of course need to take your passport, all you have to do is fill out a form with address of where you are in thailand..but new rule, you can only do this in the province you live in now, use to be you could do at any thai immigration...so, if you live in chiang mai, of course can only do in chiang mai, bangkok, bangkok etc...

Some offices are now needing proof of address also.