Tukcom 4th Floor

Lost in LOS

I suppose the copyright police made an inspection visit to Patters. I expect heavy pressure for a little while on the illegal software and DVD/music front due to the effort in the US Congress to cite Thailand for IP violations and the ongoing negotiations regaring the US/Thai FTA which are coming to a head.

As an aside, can't see why anyone bothers with this stuff anymore...can download it all free off the net and often better quality and more timely as well :o

Again - this happens at least once per year - someone obviously didn't contribute to the BIB Annual Ball

Yes,

but problem is that we are only in March

and it's already the 2nd (or maybe 3rd) time that it has happened this year :o

.... good thing we still can go to Mikes Shoppingmall and get all our software/clothes/watch/movie copies :-)))

can't see why anyone bothers with this stuff anymore...can download it all free off the net and often better quality and more timely as well

Yessss, bittorrent is such a bliss when it comes to my favorite TV shows that they dont show on any of the 200 channels here :-D

Edited by DonTron

can't see why anyone bothers with this stuff anymore...can download it all free off the net and often better quality and more timely as well

Yessss, bittorrent is such a bliss when it comes to my favorite TV shows that they dont show on any of the 200 channels here :-D

Yes...between Mininova and EZTV, I hardly ever watch the TV anymore...can download whatever I want...watch it when I want...on the device I want :o

Edited by MeetJohnDoe

Now that ASEAN,Cobra Gold,& Hillary is gone , the attepts to impress will deplete.

Especially as of to-day the US Govt. told the Thai Govt. they will not be removed from the "Watch List" & that's what most of the recent raids have been about , one could believe if one were cynical.

:o

Yes...between Mininova and EZTV, I hardly ever watch the TV anymore...can download whatever I want...watch it when I want...on the device I want :o

I agree. I really don't understand how these businesses are still running when people can DL from the same (and often better) sources that these people do. Why the heck am I going to pay even 100 baht for something I can get without visiting the shops (and I pay a fraction of their price)?

I agree. I really don't understand how these businesses are still running when people can DL from the same (and often better) sources that these people do. Why the heck am I going to pay even 100 baht for something I can get without visiting the shops (and I pay a fraction of their price)?

You seem to forget that not all people are computer illiterate or even own a computer 100 baht is not a lot of money if you have something better to do with your life that sit at a computer for most of the day you also need a good Internet connection to make downloading worth while

What happens if you happen to be browsing trough 4th floor when a raid starts? Do you get into trouble for beeing farang?

Pay heavy fines or end up in soi 9 jail. Just like our friend with a bare-shouldered passport photo in Phueukett.

Yes...between Mininova and EZTV, I hardly ever watch the TV anymore...can download whatever I want...watch it when I want...on the device I want :D

You seem to forget that not all people are computer illiterate or even own a computer 100 baht is not a lot of money if you have something better to do with your life that sit at a computer for most of the day you also need a good Internet connection to make downloading worth while

If they don't own a computer then what they need software for anyway. :o

You seem to forget that not all people are computer illiterate or even own a computer 100 baht is not a lot of money...

If said is true, then buying from these vendors can be justified to a certain extent. Just be sure to check online prices as often with specials at Amazon (and others) the prices of many movies and TV series are cheaper from them than from the "chop shops" in Thailand!

If they don't own a computer then what they need software for anyway. :o

The original quote was

I suppose the copyright police made an inspection visit to Patters. I expect heavy pressure for a little while on the illegal software and DVD/music front due to the effort in the US Congress to cite Thailand for IP violations and the ongoing negotiations regaring the US/Thai FTA which are coming to a head.

As an aside, can't see why anyone bothers with this stuff anymore...can download it all free off the net and often better quality and more timely as well :D

You do not need a computer to watch or listen to DVDs/music wish you can get from Tukcom 4th floor not only software