Greets one and all,

It's an old question I know, but what's the latest gossip on the best place currently for getting a 1 year non imm 'B'.

I've currently got a single entry which expires in mid Feb. and would prefer not to have the grief of leaving every 90 days. All my papers are in order, company reg. WP etc.

Is Penang still the place to go...? I don't mind Penang but was thinking of somewhere new!

Any recommendations.....

To my knowledge, Penang is the only Thai diplomatic post in SE Asia that routinely issues one-year, multiple-entry Class B visas - but only to applicants who are already work permit holders.

I know that this is NOT routinely possible in Vientiane, Phnom Penh, Singapore, and Manila.

Good luck!

Steve

Indo-Siam

I've currently got a single entry which expires in mid Feb. and would prefer not to have the grief of leaving every 90 days. All my papers are in order, company reg. WP etc.

If all the paperwork is in order there is no need to leave the country.

Just get the work permit extended and then the visa can be extended to match.

Suan Plu, or whatever is your local immigration office will do it for you.

It seems Backpack may believe there is a one year B visa like an O-A where he does not have to "leave every 90 days". Believe the only visa of this type is for Asian top business leaders. What most people want is, as astral points out above, - an extension of stay by showing work permit and qualifying salary at an immigration office inside Thailand.

Edited by lopburi3

Is there any chance to receive a non-immigrant B multiple entry at the Singapore embassy?? I do have all paperwork and WP

if Singapore doesn't issue them is there a chance in Kuala Lumpur?/

Anybody has some experience having WP and tried in those cities???

Many thanks for your feedback!!

Is there any chance to receive a non-immigrant B multiple entry at the Singapore embassy?? I do have all paperwork and WP
No not in the last several months.
if Singapore doesn't issue them is there a chance in Kuala Lumpur?/

Yes

What most people want is, as astral points out above, - an extension of stay by showing work permit and qualifying salary at an immigration office inside Thailand.

As well as 4 Thais employed at a minimum salary of 5,100 per month, 2 million Baht registered capital with 1 million Baht.

On a renewal of the extension of stay permit, in the case of exporting or if you are a inbound travel agent, you have minimum quotas you must meet as well.

regarding the non immigrant b multiple entry, im wondering if the embassy issue me a non immigrant b multiple entry, does this mean that i don't have to go to the immigation for extension after 90 days? all i have to do is the 90 days reporting, right or wrong?

Cheers Astral

I'd heard about these laws whereby you only need to report every 90 days and "re-sign" as it were.

So then, my WP is brand new (issued last month, 90 days), I have a newly opened partnership (all legal, 51%-49% etc) - does this still qualify me to go to my local immigration (Kanchanaburi) and extend my visa...?

I do hope so, as I get on really well with the local immigration and they'll be no hassle, unlike some other offices I've been to!

Plus, after one year of re-entry permits, do I have to leave or is it an ongoing thing...

Please tell me my days of border hops are over!!!!! If they are, you are in eternal credit with me for 1 beer!

regarding the non immigrant b multiple entry, im wondering if the embassy issue me a non immigrant b multiple entry, does this mean that i don't have to go to the immigation for extension after 90 days?
Yes correct. You just have to leave the country and get a new visa for 90 days when you cross the border back into Thailand.
all i have to do is the 90 days reporting, right or wrong?

No. You have it confused with a extension of stay permit. With the permit you have to report every 90 days. With a non immigrant B visa, no need to report, you have already left the country and came back in on a new 90 days.

So then, my WP is brand new (issued last month, 90 days), I have a newly opened partnership (all legal, 51%-49% etc) - does this still qualify me to go to my local immigration (Kanchanaburi) and extend my visa...?

Having a work permit is one of the criteria for applying for an extension of stay permit based on business.

You must also have

4 Thais employed at a minimum salary per work permit.

2 million Baht registered company with 1 million in the bank as working capital.

The minimum salary per month for your nationality... 50,000 for European or 60,000 for American.

If you can meet those requirements, then you can apply for an extension of stay permit based on business.

www.sunbeltasia.com