Timing "o" Extension- Too Soon?

The short version is my "O" multi-entry isn't finished until November, my current 90 day stamp is up in May, and I'm leaving the Kingdom for a month on April 2. I have to stop in at Immigration in CM before departure for a re-entry permit- I ended up doing the volunteer work I fretted over earlier and getting a work permit, so I'm a nice guy, I guess, if a bit of a sap.

My question is if it's way too early in the life of the visa to extend based on retirement (56 yesterday)? My Bangkok Bank book is showing 70k+ monthly FTTs since December in a long-standing account. I have time to get the income affidavit from the US Consulate to support it and next Feb. would be the ideal period to renew. Given the, er, fluidity of the world situation, potential visa regulation surprises and the possibility of having to spend more of next fall on the road outside keeping that income in motion, is it reasonable to make the extension application this month while I'm going for the (multiple) re-entry permit? If so, would it turn around by the end of the month?

For what it's worth, it was incredibly satisfying to make a short business trip out timed to my 90 day renewal and after more than 10 years of stints of 29 days coming back with the visa in hand = priceless, bad air and all. I can't wait to get to the point where I join the this-bloody-country wing of these forums, because it'll mean it has really begun to be home.

The short version is my "O" multi-entry isn't finished until November, my current 90 day stamp is up in May, and I'm leaving the Kingdom for a month on April 2. I have to stop in at Immigration in CM before departure for a re-entry permit- I ended up doing the volunteer work I fretted over earlier and getting a work permit, so I'm a nice guy, I guess, if a bit of a sap.

My question is if it's way too early in the life of the visa to extend based on retirement (56 yesterday)? My Bangkok Bank book is showing 70k+ monthly FTTs since December in a long-standing account. I have time to get the income affidavit from the US Consulate to support it and next Feb. would be the ideal period to renew. Given the, er, fluidity of the world situation, potential visa regulation surprises and the possibility of having to spend more of next fall on the road outside keeping that income in motion, is it reasonable to make the extension application this month while I'm going for the (multiple) re-entry permit? If so, would it turn around by the end of the month?

For what it's worth, it was incredibly satisfying to make a short business trip out timed to my 90 day renewal and after more than 10 years of stints of 29 days coming back with the visa in hand = priceless, bad air and all. I can't wait to get to the point where I join the this-bloody-country wing of these forums, because it'll mean it has really begun to be home.

They like you to apply for the 12 month extension about 30 days before the end of any 90 day permision to stay. They usually will do early. In fact some offices are now recomending you to do this.

So yes you should be OK to do this in April if you wish. The 12 month extension will start in May so you will lose the months between then and November.