Best Place To Stay At Koh Phangan ...........

...... when not want to be more than 2-3Km away from Thongsala.

I have seen a few places in the centre of Thongsala but believe its very busy there! However I can be very wrong because I have never been there.

If anyone could recommend a place with good standard nearby but preferably not more than 2k night would that be great.

What kind of amenities are you looking for? I am assuming you want to be on the beach? Milky Bay is a good choice, but if you have dog issues maybe not the best place to stay as they had some enormous dogs last time I went in.

milky bay
I have looked at this place, looks nice, how far is it from Thongsala!
What kind of amenities are you looking for
as mentioned not far from Thongsala, not to busy and noisy at night and a properly functioning air-condition and shower. On the beach is not a must. Dogs is not an issue unless I have to share room with them! :o
Wok Tum, Hin Kong, Srithanu on the 2/4 km range from T.S
- any specific place you recommend!

yeah but those dogs wouldn't hurt a flea... too fat and lazy

Mmm... I have heard differently. But, the one that was aggressive is now dead from what I have heard, so perhaps the remaining dogs are more friendly.

Not noisy, hmmmm.... I don't think Milky Bay can hear the parties, but not sure on that one. Another alternative is a Ban Nai Wok, just outside Thong Sala, past the Mason's Arms giant building. Small houses for rent, very nice set in a nice garden. Walking distance to Thong Sala.

don't think Milky Bay can hear the parties, but not sure on that one

I assume you mean the full and half moon parties or is it a party all week long?

BTW, isn’t it full moon this days!

Another alternative is a Ban Nai Wok
Is the accommodation there to find online?

Another alternative is a Ban Nai Wok, just outside Thong Sala, past the Mason's Arms giant building. Small houses for rent, very nice set in a nice garden. Walking distance to Thong Sala.

Think I found something online, is this place in that area, Grand Sea Resort, and would you recommend to stay there?

Well, there are the half moon, black moon, jungle experience and shiva moon parties (don't ask me what a shiva moon is, I have no idea). The half moon and black moon obviously take place on those dates but the shiva moon and jungle experience parties seem to be random dates.

Grand Sea is lovely, the rooms are beautiful. But I think there might be construction going on there.

AFFECTED residents of Koh Phangan have urged concerned authorities to put a stop to noisy parties held almost every night, saying that they disturbed their sleep.

Source: samuiexpress

Okay, well had not expected to find Phangan untouched. (Well the hope was there)

However the two places Grand Sea Resort and Milky Bay which are on different areas at Phangan as far as I can see, are they also near the Full moon and techno parties!

Thanks for the information.

Seems we will book either Grand Sea Resort or First Villa.

Both places have available rooms for the actual period and the room price for a superior sea view is around 2K on both.

However I could have liked some more info about First Villa and then especially the location.

Regards

:o

QUOTE (girlx @ 2009-03-09 23:28:33) *

yeah but those dogs wouldn't hurt a flea... too fat and lazy

Mmm... I have heard differently. But, the one that was aggressive is now dead from what I have heard, so perhaps the remaining dogs are more friendly.

really! that surprises me! and a sad story... :o

you can not hear the parties from milky bay (i was there through christmas and new year). and they have all amenities there plus a great staff. but there are loads of nice places to stay all over the island.

what's haad salad like? does it take long to get there and are the roads as bad as peeps make out, i've seen a place there i'd like to stay at.

Had Salad is a nice place, with some "higher budget" resorts and some "normal budget" bungalows, some shops and ATM. Nice beach but low water in the after noon (high in the morning) at this time of the year. Some places have a swimming pool.

Very good and new costal road via Had Yao just finished.

If you like it there, my addvise would be "Salad Hut" with Pong and Katarina, swimming pool included. Nice layout has also "Green Papaya"

Seems we will book either Grand Sea Resort or First Villa.

You'll really like First Villa if you don't want any animals of any kind around - they put poisoned bait around the place on a regular basis.

You'll also like that resort if you find the sandy beaches a nuisance - they've got rid of their pesky beach years ago by replacing it with large rocks.

Nevertheless, if you don't mind a dog or cat around, and you like beautiful clean beaches, and you prefer a higher quality resort at a similar or cheaper price, I recommend Rung Arun Resort, about 400 metres west along the beach.

You'll really like First Villa if you don't want any animals of any kind around - they put poisoned bait around the place on a regular basis.

You'll also like that resort if you find the sandy beaches a nuisance - they've got rid of their pesky beach years ago by replacing it with large rocks.

Gulp! :o

what's haad salad like? does it take long to get there and are the roads as bad as peeps make out, i've seen a place there i'd like to stay at.

Had Salad is a nice place, with some "higher budget" resorts and some "normal budget" bungalows, some shops and ATM. Nice beach but low water in the after noon (high in the morning) at this time of the year. Some places have a swimming pool.

If you like it there, my addvise would be "Salad Hut" with Pong and Katarina, swimming pool included. Nice layout has also "Green Papaya"

Had salad resort (or was it had salad hotel?) right in the end of the little dirtroad with shops and restaurants along it, is not a bad place either. One of the few hotels i´ve been to in Thailand were it was actually worth getting up for breakfast. Great pool and good hotelrestaurant. On the beach.

Had salad resort (or was it had salad hotel?) right in the end of the little dirtroad with shops and restaurants along it, is not a bad place either. One of the few hotels i´ve been to in Thailand were it was actually worth getting up for breakfast. Great pool and good hotelrestaurant. On the beach.

you have just marked yourself as the negative indicator. Salad resort is soulless and crowded with package tourists. to each his own. nice pool, sure if you get up at 4 am and put a towel on your chair.

you have just marked yourself as the negative indicator. Salad resort is soulless and crowded with package tourists. to each his own. nice pool, sure if you get up at 4 am and put a towel on your chair.

???

Afraid you might have got that wrong brother. I was never up before nine and my wife never before 11. The pool was still great and not much people around it. What do you mean? Are you persuming the area was filled up or something after 4 in the morning? :o . Maybe things change ALOT since i was there then? :D .

• 2 weeks later...

Mai Pen Rai bungalows. A bit too far from Thongsala maybe for some, not for us!

The bungalow up on the ricks has a great view of the beach but watch out for the big bad snake! We found they bruiser on our veranda and it was no fun.

Mai Pen Rai bungalows. A bit too far from Thongsala maybe for some, not for us!

Than Sadet - great little beach.

It's a pity my favourite secluded beach next bay (5min walk south) has been destroyed - it's now littered with broken asbestos tiles all over the rocks, paths and beach.

This is how it looked before the vandals (last bungalow owners) had their way:

post-9505-1238339202_thumb.jpg