Forum Abreviations

McAttack

and LBFM?  :D

So ? nobody here knows this term ?

Little Brown F** Machines, a term coined by the GIs In Vietnam, applied in LOS as well :D

Or TIA ? Thanks In Advance ?

just my 2 satang

we try to avoid that round these parts :o

Tuky,

Hence my use of the appropriate graemlin -> :D

Then again, it 'is' in use in certain parts of BKK, and I explained the origin as well.

Might as well teach some.

just my 2 satang

and LBFM?  :D

So ? nobody here knows this term ?

Little Brown F** Machines, a term coined by the GIs In Vietnam, applied in LOS as well :D

Or TIA ? Thanks In Advance ?

just my 2 satang

we try to avoid that round these parts :o

Tuky,

Hence my use of the appropriate graemlin -> :D

Then again, it 'is' in use in certain parts of BKK, and I explained the origin as well.

Might as well teach some.

just my 2 satang

no worries mate, my comment was actually me as a person posting, not me as a moderator :D

I hate that one, but as you say it is in use in certain parts and has now been explained :D

It also is used to describe filipinos. :D

no worries mate, my comment was actually me as a person posting, not me as a moderator 

I hate that one, but as you say it is in use in certain parts and has now been explained 

It also is used to describe filipinos. 

Tuky,

AH! ok, how do we know the difference when you post here...... thats a pretty fine line to walk on.

And I just refer to my TG as GF :o

On to the next thread.

just my 2 satang

FG = Fridge Guard, i.e. one who prevents access to the cold beer before the stipulated time (in my case, 12:00 noon).

O.F.C.S. = Old fart's chat show (where no-one goes any more)

And:

O.F.A.E.S.T.C.S. = Old Fart's, Alkie's and Elsie's Shit Talking Chat Show (no-one goes there either, not even Elsie!)

no worries mate, my comment was actually me as a person posting, not me as a moderator 

I hate that one, but as you say it is in use in certain parts and has now been explained 

Tuky,

AH! ok, how do we know the difference when you post here...... thats a pretty fine line to walk on.

And I just refer to my TG as GF :D

On to the next thread.

just my 2 satang

don't worry mate, you will know

:D

That little PM with the warning, or the next time you try to post and your rights have been disabled will let you know that "you've been moderated" :o

Tuky,

And I just refer to my TG as GF :D

On to the next thread.

just my 2 satang

don't worry mate, you will know

:D

That little PM with the warning, or the next time you try to post and your rights have been disabled will let you know that "you've been moderated" :o

hehehe

good reply :D

O.F.A.E.S.T.C.S. = Old Fart's, Alkie's and Elsie's Shit Talking Chat Show (no-one goes there either, not even Elsie!)

Ouch!!! Gimme a break, willya? I still can't get up before noon these days. :o

I'll try harder next week, Yorkie. I'll start w*rking at another company on the 1st. Hope I can access the chat from w*rk. :D

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks, I've been wondering what all those 55555's were about, that's a recent one I think.

Actually the whole l33t speak is a different category than acroynms.

l33t means "leet" as in a short from of "elite", I think. Supposedly the people that type everything in CaMmEl case and use lots of numbers/symbols for letters, e.g. 3 for e, @ for a, are elite in some way I haven't yet fathomed.

Perhaps now its just called texting?

Did anyone add SWAG? (some wild-a$$ guess, or a parametric estimate).

Edited by jerry921