Bangkok To Hua Hin

CanInBKK

Hey!

I'm planning to take a ride to Hua Hin and am looking for some route planning info. I'm starting from the Hua Lampong area, which bridge should I use to cross over and what the best way to get onto Rama 2? Any estimates on how much travel time I should allot (exclusive of stops)?

Thanks!

I think you have 2 options. You can go over the Saphan Thaksin bridge and follow Suksawat road to Phra Ram 2, as seen on this map in red:

90c3002477b92b5f10cc791f180c20e16g.jpg

(if that isn't big enough, you can download the original here: http://www.mediafire.com/imageview.php?qui...fyh&thumb=4

or check the thread I used it in: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Escaping-Bangkok-t206174.html ...)

Otherwise, I'd go over Phra Pinklao bridge, follow the road to Th. Boromarachachonani, and take that out to Ratchapruek and down to Phra Ram 2. I live near Boramara though, so that's why I'd choose that way.

Hope this helps! I've done the trip before, the roads are mostly good (except for one bad stretch around Petchaburi, but I think that's on the way back) and it's pretty easy riding. I plan to do this run again soon, probably in the beginning of next month before the craziness of Songkran starts.

(What part of Canada are you from? I'm from Southern Ontario, near Waterloo.)

Edited by Meridian007

Thanks for the excellent info and detailed map, Median007. Looks like I'm gonna give Saphan Taksin a shot. I'm from Toronto aka "Hogtown"......spent my whole life there until moving to BKK 3 years ago. Been out to Waterloo a few times - really nice city and nice dragonboat festivals too!

Thanks PB, sorry wasn't clear in my original post.

:o