Looking For New Home .. Suggestions?

klikster

I've decided to move away from Cha am. A pack of 9 dogs and two new building projects within eashot of what was once a quiet little condo room. So maybe I have to leave the beach .. not sure.

My priorities, in order

1. Clean air and blue sky
  2. Broadband Internet (Prefer Maxnet or True)
  3. Not a major tourist zone
  4. Within 200 - 250 km of Bangkok
  5. Nice scenery / nature - mountains or coastline
  6. Low traffic
  7. Secure - non-burgle zone?
  8. Tesco / Macro shopping within 50 km (closer is better)
  9. Immigration reporting distance under 100 km (closer is better)
  10. Small house or big condo room rental Bt 7k or under - with covered parking
  11. Able to get laundry service and housekeeping
  12. Hot season not 'scalding' a la Nakorn Sawan - fans and open windows rock, air-con sucks!

I'm not fluent but my Thai gets me by okay. I'm old and grouchy, not married, no live-ins (boys or girls), don't drink or smoke, get along just fine with Thais .. so-so with newbie farangs.

Like kids, hate dogs, love cats, Thai mynah birds rock!

Edited by klikster

I've decided to move away from Cha am. A pack of 9 dogs and two new building projects within eashot of what was once a quiet little condo room. So maybe I have to leave the beach .. not sure.

My priorities, in order

6. Low traffic
  12. Hot season not 'scalding' a la Nakorn Sawan - fans and open windows rock, air-con sucks!

I'm not fluent but my Thai gets me by okay. I'm old and grouchy, not married, no live-ins (boys or girls), don't drink or smoke, get along just fine with Thais .. so-so with newbie farangs.

Take a look at the Chanthaburi area

<snip>

Hi retiredusn,

I've been in C'buri a number of times. But the last time I had an opportunity to look around very much was about 6 years ago .. and it was raining like crazy. Every time I stayed overnight was at one of the hotels near the bridge.

I actually liked the way the town is laid out .. seemed more spacious than most Thai towns.

From reading on the forum I haven't been able to know much about housing availability and pricing.

Forgot to ask, where is the Immigration office for 90-day reporting (retirement visa) for Chantaburi expats.

Edited by klikster

My priorities, in order

6. Low traffic

Hello Sir,

I am Thai ...as your mentioned I think my house is matched

for those priorites.The location is in Ayutthaya prefecture.

The city where far from Bkk 70km and you can have 5 shopping

malls (quite big)in the city which far aways from the house only 15kg.

And those area also has pubplic bus(every 15minutes)

Eventhough you want to go to Bkk is also very confortable.

The house is a single house three bedrooms ,baharoom, toilet ,kitchen

garden and car parking.It's very good environment.

But only no sea (beach) or moutain only.

If you are interested please post to me at [email protected]

my MB No. 08-9802-6699

The best is " you can come and see then deside is the best."

Thanks & Regards,

Nidnoi

Average housing (rent) 3-5k, ..The immg. office is located in PongNamRon about 20min. drive from Chanthaburi. Another hotel to look at is the new travel lodge located close to Tesco around 800 per nite with great pool and breakfast. Believe the hotel you stayed at was close to Robinson's by the gem market. Good Luck

Average housing (rent) 3-5k, ..The immg. office is located in PongNamRon about 20min. drive from Chanthaburi. Another hotel to look at is the new travel lodge located close to Tesco around 800 per nite with great pool and breakfast. Believe the hotel you stayed at was close to Robinson's by the gem market. Good Luck

"new travel lodge?" Is that the old Mark's Travel Lodge? I stayed at Mark's for 6 weeks Nov-Dec 1982 when we were working the Cambodian refugee camp at Kamput, east of Pong Nam Rong. Good place, I liked it better than the Eastern Hotel which screwed over me slightly previously. As Archie Bunker said, "Revenge is the best way to get even." We had about 20-30 people from our "refugee" office in Bangkok staying at the Eastern, I moved them all to Mark's, cheaper and made me happy.

Mac

Thanks, retiredusn.

My priorities, in order

1. Clean air 'YES ' and blue sky 'up to the weather'
  2. Broadband Internet (Prefer Maxnet or True) 'Max is here, but not on it'
  3. Not a major tourist zone 'A llittle, well it is Kan'
  4. Within 200 - 250 km of Bangkok 'Yes'
  5. Nice scenery / nature - mountains, 'two rivers and some waterfalls with a bit of history as well.'all free of charge
  6. Low traffic 'Yes'
  7. Secure - non-burgle zone? :D If you find one in Thailand please let us konw :D
  8. Tesco / Macro shopping within 50 km 'Yes', Tesco in town, but Makro is 70 odd kms away''
  9. Immigration reporting distance under 100 km (closer is better) 'Yes' right on your door step
  10. Small house or big condo room rental Bt 7k or under - with covered parking 'Yes'
  11. Able to get laundry service and housekeeping 'Cheaper at half the price you payed in that 'Cha-Aming place you wish to leave'
  12. Hot season not 'scalding' a la Nakorn Sawan - fans and open windows rock, air-con sucks! 'Hot season scalding hot' :D fans and open windows sure, but at night I use air-con at 25c :wai:

Try Kanchanaburi :o

Yours truly,

Kan Win :P

P.S. Food is also much, much cheaper than in Cha-am :D and we also have a Beach 'fresh water one'

original.jpg

Edited by Kan Win

My priorities, in order

1. Clean air 'YES ' and blue sky 'up to the weather'
  2. Broadband Internet (Prefer Maxnet or True) 'Max is here, but not on it'
  3. Not a major tourist zone 'A llittle, well it is Kan'
  4. Within 200 - 250 km of Bangkok 'Yes'
  5. Nice scenery / nature - mountains, 'two rivers and some waterfalls with a bit of history as well.'all free of charge
  6. Low traffic 'Yes'
  7. Secure - non-burgle zone? :D If you find one in Thailand please let us konw :D
  8. Tesco / Macro shopping within 50 km 'Yes', Tesco in town, but Makro is 70 odd kms away''
  9. Immigration reporting distance under 100 km (closer is better) 'Yes' right on your door step
  10. Small house or big condo room rental Bt 7k or under - with covered parking 'Yes'
  11. Able to get laundry service and housekeeping 'Cheaper at half the price you payed in that 'Cha-Aming place you wish to leave'
  12. Hot season not 'scalding' a la Nakorn Sawan - fans and open windows rock, air-con sucks! 'Hot season scalding hot' :D fans and open windows sure, but at night I use air-con at 25c :wai:

Yours truly,

Kan Win :P

P.S. Food is also much, much cheaper than in Cha-am :D

Yes but not as cheap as in Ratchaburi :burp:

Sorry mate :jerk:

Yours truly,

Kan Win :D

P.S. Food is also much, much cheaper than in Cha-am :D and we also have a Beach 'fresh water one'

Hi Kan .. nice answer. Thanks.

Kanchanaburi is not on my short-list, mainly because of the heat.

Edited by klikster

Yes but not as cheap as in Ratchaburi :D

Sorry mate :o

Hi Fred .. I must admit to knowing very little about Ratchaburi .. or many, many other places I have driven past for many years.

I want to check out Samut Songkram, so R'buri is just a hop.

If I go east, I am considering Pak Chong, Sa Kaew and Chantaburi.