Love Or Career

jkwn

What do you guys think of this????

If you had your whole life in front of you to live, a brilliant chance at a brilliant career and everything going for you but you fell in love. Would you give it all up just to be with them. Say you were British and living in UK and you're engaged to be married to someone in Thailand and you were sure that person was the one and felt that even if you had all the good  things it didn't matter without them. Would you throw it all away just for love? Is love enough? Yeah i mean you would get another job but it wouldn't be as good but you were together is it true to say that that's enough?

Share your ideas and advice PLEASE!!!

many expats in LOS have both love and career !!

just make sure you don't think with your d1ck, like most of them do here :o

RAVISHER : "This is YOUR life... NOT your parents life and not anybody else's life. Do what YOU want/have to do to make YOURSELF happy and hopefully your man happy also. If you feel that you 'know' it is right for you, then DO IT. Give up the career that you 'parents' want for "you" and go with your intuition. "

HEY thanks u know what i think you're right and i already made my mind up since yesterday. I have no doubts about him or this and yes i'm going to ditch it all for him and you know why because it feels right to me and this is what i want so yes...

thanks to everyone i'll keep u posted on what happens etc

Edited by jkwn

I still think that these guys should spend some time together before she's taking this big decision.Why so fast in deciding?Why don't u just take a leave from your work and go stay with him for 2 or 3 months or more?I think staying together before marrying is the best thing in order to know someone.Coz it will not complicate thing later if something happens wrong if you both are married.And doing it for a Thai Man,My personal point of view is that this risk is not worth to take.You should spend more time together before deciding anything serious.Divorce rates are much much higher in Thailand than in UK.So don't forget it all.

If you had your whole life in front of you to live, a brilliant chance at a brilliant career and everything going for you but you fell in love. Would you give it all up just to be with them. Say you were British and living in UK and you're engaged to be married to someone in Thailand and you were sure that person was the one and felt that even if you had all the good  things it didn't matter without them. Would you throw it all away just for love? Is love enough? Yeah i mean you would get another job but it wouldn't be as good but you were together is it true to say that that's enough?

What do you guys think of this ????

Well after reading it twice whilst shaking my head, my humble opinion would be : a:this is a type of question you would expect from a 17 year old teenager who has yet to experience life outside their local highschool. b: to base or justify a decision that would affect the rest of my life from unknown identities based in Thailand (SOME who are obviously living a life of delusion or/as well in a state of constant alcohol intoxication) would be rather foolharder. I would suggest to refrain from reading tabloid womens magazines, books etc, and immerse yourself in the day to day living in the real world and planning what kind of a life you are financially prepared to live ie can you buy the house, car, 2 holidays/year you want, send your children to a good school or you could just live in "LOVE"

Well after reading it twice whilst shaking my head, my humble opinion would be : a:this is a type of question you would expect from a 17 year old teenager who has yet to experience life outside their local highschool. b: to base or justify a decision that would affect the rest of my life from unknown identities based in Thailand (SOME who are obviously living a life of delusion or/as well in a state of constant alcohol intoxication) would be rather foolharder. I would suggest to refrain from reading tabloid womens magazines, books etc, and immerse yourself in the day to day living in the real world and planning what kind of a life you are financially prepared to live ie can you buy the house, car, 2 holidays/year you want, send your children to a good school or you could just live in "LOVE"

Gee William, you're a happy chappy.Have you every done anything in your life that is not 100% sensible?

I truly hope that your significant other does not read anything that you do not approve of. :o

jkwn, I hope you do follow your heart.

Edited by chuchok

Well after reading it twice whilst shaking my head, my humble opinion would be : a:this is a type of question you would expect from a 17 year old teenager who has yet to experience life outside their local highschool. b: to base or justify a decision  that would affect the rest of my life from unknown identities based in Thailand (SOME who are obviously living a life of delusion or/as well in a state of constant alcohol intoxication) would be rather foolharder. I would suggest to refrain from reading tabloid womens magazines, books etc, and immerse yourself in the day to day living in the real world and planning what kind of a life you are financially prepared to live ie can you buy the house, car, 2 holidays/year you want, send your children to a good school or you could just live in "LOVE"

When trying to make 'any' decision it is always good to glean as much information as possible. When the information comes in, it is up to the individual to sort the wheat from the chaff and take whatever fits into ones own belief system and logic.

As for what 'you' consider living in the 'real' world is, and 'your' idea of a perfect life is, house, car, 2.5 children etc etc is not everybody's idea of a perfect situation either... and some would say that it is you who are living in a delusion... :o

Thanks RAVISHER for that bit. By the way William Osborne I may be young (not as young as you pointed out) and why do you stereotype women. I'm not one of those who lives in a fairy tale and who wants a picture perfect scenario like you say the holiday, the car the house etc. What is all that when you're not happy or with the special person in your life?

CHUCHOK yes i do intend to follow my heart as i think i've been thinking with my brain for far too long as they say what will be will be :D

Edited by jkwn

Who says a car and a house is every woman's ultimate goal? Really, these days, women don't need men to provide those things for them, they are usually perfectly capable of providing for themselves. What most women want is yes, that dreaded word, LOVE, shocking but true. That and RESPECT, would be good too. Just because you live a sensible life doesn't mean everyone has to. :D

Go with what you think is right, what is best for you. And don't assume because a few male posters have a problem with Thai men that they are all bad. Mine makes most farang men seem pale in comparison :o:D

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

And don't assume because a few male posters have a problem with Thai men that they are all bad. Mine makes most farang men seem pale in comparison  :o  :D

Sorry, couldn't resist that.

That's a good one, mmm you've made me laugh so much :D Yeah I have seen what thai men can be like but I have no doubts about my man. He makes me happy...etc