Reporting To Immigration In Hua Hin ?

id35

My wife and I are in Thailand on a non-O visa with one year extension. When we visited Immigration office at soi 102 for the 90 day report and a re-entry permit, I tried to get some stright answers on a few question, but failed. The questions were:

1. Do we have to report at Immigration when we go to our home country?

2. Do we have to report within 24 h when we return to Thailand?

3. In that case, can we just report to a local police station i Hua Hin?

We were there on the 5th last week, and the only answer I got was to call them later on. I suppose that was because of the planned move to PKK, which was not definite at that time, and still is not.

My wife and I are in Thailand on a non-O visa with one year extension. When we visited Immigration office at soi 102 for the 90 day report and a re-entry permit, I tried to get some stright answers on a few question, but failed. The questions were:

1. Do we have to report at Immigration when we go to our home country? No

2. Do we have to report within 24 h when we return to Thailand? Yes, but it is normally ok to do it after a couple of days

3. In that case, can we just report to a local police station i Hua Hin? Yes, in fact that is what the law says

We were there on the 5th last week, and the only answer I got was to call them later on. I suppose that was because of the planned move to PKK, which was not definite at that time, and still is not.

And do not forget to purchase re-entry permits before leaving the country or you will loose your status, and note that these permits no longer can be bought at the Suvarnabhumi airport.