Not Trying To Cause A Panic

I picked this up from another board.

rolf2004

Posted: Fri Jan 14, 2005 3:47 pm Post subject: Visa problems with Thailand?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello,

just a few days ago someone (a german guy) told me that he had troubles when getting back to Thailand from Cambodia after he directly came to Thailand at first.

What he told me was that they requested a new visa (to be issued in Phnom Penh!) when he wanted to re-enter Thailand at Koh Kong.

The "automatic" visa he received when entering after his flight from Germany at first was only issued because he was arriving directly from an EU country, but for entering via Cambodia he would need a regular visa (not to be issued at the border) now.

This caused me some nightmares as I want to return to Thailand after a trip through SE-Asia during the next months.

Can anyone of you shed light on this question?

Thanks

Rolf

Aye, there must be more to the story, as they check on computers now and Germans seems to have a mixed past in this country. It is always best to have a valid visa when entering any country. It's only a short bus ride to Phnom Penh from that island anyway. Don't believe everything people say about anything these days, as some people are favoured by Immigration and some others are difficult expecially if their command of English is limited. Body language and tipping is important in that respect, surely.

There is far too little detail.

Did he fly back to Thailand,

or cross a land border, if so where?

Was he carrying 10,000 baht as the law required, though this is rarely checked?

Has he been in in trouble with the Thai authorities?

Until you can provide these type of detail this thread is closed.

You can repost if you have more than a rumour.