Opposition Files Impeachment Motion Against Abhisit

george

3-6% margin of sampling error on good professional polls.

The polls they do here tend to by 5-8% margins of error.

Total above is 95.2

so is there 4.8% of unintelligible or irrelevant answers unaccounted for?

As to the question would Chalerm be a better PM than Abhisit.

Can you imagine Hun Sen and Chalerm negotiating?

Gordon Brown and Chalerm....

Bull in a china shop, with little economic credentials.

But lots of strong arm style puyai history.

Samak two redux,

A mental health, stress test for the whole country.

Chalerm may lack economic credentials, but as for Gordon Brooon, I wouldn't be championing his performance as Chancellor or PM to loudly.

What was the gold price when he liquidated the UK's gold?

Oh I wasn't championing G. Brown in the least.

I was imagining a hypothetical meeting to negotiate anything between these parties.

And Chalerm came out the worst in my estimation.

Maybe I should have said Benjamin Disrali,

but then again there are few of his like around these days.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With my experience in dealing with people over the past few decades I have observed. Those with the least knowledge, those caught in untruths, and those with shady backgrounds tend to blow the most smoke to cover their own inadequacies and the volume seems to increase when they realize people are not buying their line. Chalerm and those he associates may just fit all 3 of my observed conditions plus some that I did not mention.

With my experience in dealing with people over the past few decades I have observed. Those with the least knowledge, those caught in untruths, and those with shady backgrounds tend to blow the most smoke to cover their own inadequacies and the volume seems to increase when they realize people are not buying their line. Chalerm and those he associates may just fit all 3 of my observed conditions plus some that I did not mention.

Funny, I thought that could equally apply to Abhisit.

So what are the impeachment charges then? This thread has offered little on the titular topic.

He faces seven charges; receiving improper contributions to his Democrat party and dodging the draft among them.

It will be interesting to see if the courts deal with this with an even hand or show yet more institutionalised bias toward the Democrat party.

. Now, with Abhisit as PM, steps have been taken to bring the PAD leaders to account, however, due to the vast backlog of cases left over from previous governments it will have to take it's place in the queue.

Could you explain what steps have been taken. PAD leaders being Democrat members of parlialment, or appointing Kasit (another PAD luminary) as Foreign minister looks like a step downhill, or is that what you meant.

The new stimulus package with a mega-tranche going to transport should ensure coalition stability for a while as well as demoralise PTP even further,

Question: assuming they are being creative with the transport budget at what level of graft from Newin's team will it be impossible to turn a blind eye.

but fellow Puea Thai Party MP Surachet takes the prize for being the most "spirited" so far for flipping off a another MP...

13.gif

What has any of that got to do with Abhisit being impeached? :o

There's a separate thread discussing that incident.

Perhaps the mods can move these irrelevant posts there?

Thanks in advance.

Poll: Mr Chalerm's information "unconvincing"

Poll shows information of Puea Thai Party MP Chalerm Yubamrung "not convincing" with a majority of people remaining loyal to the prime minister and the Democrat party.

ABAC Poll releases its latest real-time survey conducted with 1,135 people nationwide on March 19th on people's sentiments towards the no-confidence censure debate.

More than 34 percent thought the information and evidence presented by Mr Chalerm were clear and convincing, 19.4 percent were fifty-fifty about them, 46.2 percent considered them as unconvincing. Meanwhile, 62 percent of the respondents thought the information presented by Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva was convincing, 17.5 percent were fifty-fifty, and 20.5 percent unconvincing.

- ThaiNews / 2009-03-20

Try reading the OP. It will help you a lot on Thaivisa. :D

This thread is about the censure debate.

The impeachment motion is part of the no-confidence plan against the prime minister. The Constitution requires the opposition to seek an impeachment against the prime minister when it decides to hold a censure debate against the premier.
Edited by sriracha john

Could you explain what steps have been taken. PAD leaders being Democrat members of parlialment, or appointing Kasit (another PAD luminary) as Foreign minister looks like a step downhill, or is that what you meant.

They called PAD to meet the Police early this month but PAD said they are not available and will meet Police on the 30th.

Shall we start taking bet when PAD will be brought to account? Until the next government?

They called PAD to meet the Police early this month but PAD said they are not available and will meet Police on the 30th.

Shall we start taking bet when PAD will be brought to account? Until the next government?

Wasn't that the EXACT same scenario of bringing Thaksin to account.

It otook a new government he didn't control to a fare thee well to actually dig into his dirt .

Actually PAD leaders have visited the Police before so far, possibly under two governments.

PAD is a thorn in the Dems side more than an ally, so it is destined to at least see court,

but likely no faster than Thaksin's case's are proceeding, or any TRT or PPP dissolution case as other examples.

The people who were getting the poopy end of the stick for many years

have turned it around on their antagonists of many years,

and now those on the receiving end are suddenly crying foul

for the same tactics they themselves employed more aggressively.

It is very easy to over and over and over ask for what you want,

but if that has little or no correlation with due proccess,

then you are talking to the wind.

Try reading the OP. It will help you a lot on Thaivisa. :D

This thread is about the censure debate.

The impeachment motion is part of the no-confidence plan against the prime minister. The Constitution requires the opposition to seek an impeachment against the prime minister when it decides to hold a censure debate against the premier.

As I said, there is a separate thread about the MPs being involved in a scuffle during the debate.

Wasn't that the EXACT same scenario of bringing Thaksin to account.

Can you tell me again which case about Khun Thaksin?

So far I only remember one case that his wife bought a land with no fault. The land is still hers. Both buying and selling parties has no corruption whatever. He must go to jail because he was her husband back then and at the same time he was Prime Minister.

Criminal?

Other cases as far as I know are not out yet.

Censure debate concluded at midnight, voting scheduled at 11 am

The two-day censure debated ended at midnight Friday with a closing speech of Chalerm Yoobamrung, the chairman of Pheu Thai Party MPs.

Chalerm focused mainly on the allegations against Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his Democrat Party.

The no-confidence voting is scheduled at 11 am Saturday.

- The Nation / 2009-03-21

The new stimulus package with a mega-tranche going to transport should ensure coalition stability for a while as well as demoralise PTP even further,

Question: assuming they are being creative with the transport budget at what level of graft from Newin's team will it be impossible to turn a blind eye.

That is the critical question with every Thai coalition government. When does the tipping point occur folowed by either an election or formation of new government from current parties? There is no exact answer of course but either a pattern of several small corrupt deals or one huge one would probably be enough to rock things badly. However, with transport it isnt necessarily obviously or easily proven to be corrupt. It could just be which firms win contracts or even which firms decide to bid or not to bid for contracts. It is a bit diffeernt if deals involve foreign firms but locally most people know the contracts it is not worth bidding for.

Peua Thai was not good at opposition job because they forgot for almost 8 years. They were elected after elections to be government and will be the government after the next election.

*whoopsie, fact check break*... Peua Thai Party was only born last year.

They weren't even a gleam in the square-headed's eye 8 years ago.

Edited by sriracha john

Photo is from S. John. When this man, Khun Chaowarin, showed the video of a soldier being cut neck in the South, the whole meeting was turned up side down. They objected for 50 minutes that video is not suitable to show on tv. All people in Thailand and anyone in any country who can watch DStation online saw it.

He said, "Do we invest too much in politics or not? Army, media, politicians..."

This neck cutting thing has happened because the people who are supposed to take care do not use their heart to solve. They are playing political games instead.

79.jpg

Photo is from S. John. When this man, Khun Chaowarin, showed the video of a soldier being cut neck in the South, the whole meeting was turned up side down. They objected for 50 minutes that video is not suitable to show on tv. All people in Thailand and anyone in any country who can watch DStation online saw it.

He said, "Do we invest too much in politics or not? Army, media, politicians..."

This neck cutting thing has happened because the people who are supposed to take care do not use their heart to solve. They are playing political games instead.

79.jpg

Chaowarin has been a politcal comedian for ages. Does anyone remember when he said there were billions of dollars of Japanese war time gold buried in Kanchanaburi and started a gold rush? Turned out not to be any, but whatever. Shocking people by showing a beheading. Pure political pantomime by a long time practitioner of it. Apparently it has upset some of the people from where he comes from so much that rumours of his unsavoury past are starting to do the rounds. Ho hum.

Chalerm is not Pheu Thai's party leader and does not hold the official position of opposition leader. However, Pheu Thai nominated him as its replacement prime minister in case Abhisit fails to get enough votes in the upcoming censure debate.

He admitted yesterday that Pheu Thai might be "a bit clumsy" as an opposition party.

"People elected us to become a government party, not an opposition party. We may look a bit clumsy because we are not good at being in opposition. I believe we won't be in the opposition for too long. If there is an election, we will return as the government," Chalerm said.

- The Nation -

Can you explain why you're highlighting the name of the party in bold, and no other parts of your text?

I've seen this tactic used before with posts, and it's not to add emphasis to other humans :D

I just copied. :o

The source is here http://www.nationmultimedia.com/2009/03/18...cs_30098189.php

When I check the source now, I see that I have 1 extra highlighting. I don't know why :D

Edited by Koo82

Is People Power Party and Peua Thai Party the same party?

In common politcal understanding pretty much so. It is PPP minus Newin and mates and minus a bunch of banned dudes and a bunch of non-MP defectors. Legally it is very different. It has a different executive and a new membership and is a completely different body.

The TRT cabinets contained some of the richest names in Thailand, ie Pracha, owner of Channel 3, Suriya, etc, I haven't seen any of them set up any foundations to help the poor.

Did I say that every politician in TRT is for the poor?

This is why I say politician may change their view and actions.

79.jpg

And the rest of the story is that the objection was that the beheading was shown during the censure debate on live public television on NBT during which time the Royal News featuring His Majesty the King was being aired on other channels and was felt by many to be grossly inappropriate for at least these two reasons.

The Deep South violence, including occasional beheadings, has occurred continuously throughout Thaksin's, Surayud's, Samak's, and Somchai's administrations.

The violence predates Thaksin, but the notable escalation of that violence occurred during his regime.

Edited by sriracha john

In common politcal understanding pretty much so. It is PPP minus Newin and mates and minus a bunch of banned dudes and a bunch of non-MP defectors. Legally it is very different. It has a different executive and a new membership and is a completely different body.

Is Thai Rak Thai and People Power Party the same party?

Peua Thai was not good at opposition job because they forgot for almost 8 years. They were elected after elections to be government and will be the government after the next election.

They weren't even a gleam in the square-headed's eye 8 years ago.

Legally they are not, hence one is called People Power Party and one is called Peua Thai Party.

Neither one was even wearing diapers 8 years ago.

Edited by sriracha john

Is Thai Rak Thai and People Power Party the same party?

Same answer Koo and I think you know that!

Technically and legally no but in common poltical understanding pretty similar although TRT maybe lost more to defectors in the transition to PPP than PPP has to PTP although when MPs can again hop parties - if PTP is ever disolved or when an election is called - more people are excpected to leave PTP.

Still not sure what this has to do with the impeachment thread.