Anyone Tried Out Joe Jets? (burgers)

jobje3

I went, I saw, I got lost. I know Huay Kaew Road. I used to walk to the CMU entrance. I saw no Joe, no Jets, not even Benny and the Jets At the precise location described, two doors before the last 7-11 before the lavender barred fence of CMU, is a California burger place.

Indeed. It's not that your directions are bad, rrose, they're just wrong. Joe Jets is no where near the 7-11. The place you're describing is the place PeaceBlondie found, the California Grill, which is a little hole in the wall with decent food. Joe Jets is at least 250 meters before that situated about halfway between Mo'C Mo'L and the Boat, and the best landmark is indeed the Ozone Net, which is directly across the street. Just nextdoor is a place called "Milk Zone" with it's name written large in christmas lights.

As for Joe Jet's itself, I tried it tonight, and it's pretty good. I had a bacon cheeseburger, and it was great. The patty was quite large, and the beef quality is good. The fries are also good, but not included with the burger.

The atmosphere is rather like an American old style burger cafe type place, with lots of red. The floors are concrete and the walls are concrete painted grey, which, at night anyway, gives it a bit of a cold atmosphere, and the A/C was set pretty cold, so the cold air contributed further to that effect. The layout and furnishings are cute, and they have little tiny black and white TV's on the tables, that actually work! All in all, a great place to try out...

Ooh! We'll have to try it out!

I gave it a try today and despite the completely wrong directions finally found it. As someone said, a few doors before The Boat to which I'd add right opposite "OZONE" which you can't miss. It's in a small new building with a couple of offices above.

Ordered a cheeseburger, fries and, after a lot of confusion, a diet coke. The waitress was very sweet but needs some more training and experience.

First, the food... The burger was pretty good as these things go with meat that had some flavour and decent assortment of other goodies hiding in the bun which was also better than most. Burgers aren't at the top of my list of exciting meals - I'd rate it better than Mike's or Woodies and about on a par with the UN Irish but with a bun that has a taste. The fries never came so I can't comment and the Diet Coke was well, Diet Coke.

For a place that seems to be trying to be an embryo theme restaurant it seems that someone got a bit confused during development. Joe Jet's appears to have started out with the idea of being a 50's space or aircraft theme with stickers on the front door giving details of your baggage allowance and the kitchen and office designated off limits with "Cabin Crew Only" signs but then failed to follow it through with any other kind of interior decoration in the same vein and the result is cold and lacking in atmosphere. The mini black and white monitors on each table are a fun idea, occupying the place where the Bel Ami jukebox remote console would have been in a real diner but the widescreen LCD playing trailers of 50's horror movies could have also used some kind of disguise and was mounted too high which cut of the top part of the screen from where I was sitting, making it tantalizingly difficult to watch what was about to happen to the unfortunate starlet in The Blood of Dracula's Castle. There are some nice touches: the menus are done up to look like UK passports and the silverware comes in a little paper wrapper with Joe Jet's logo on it but all in all I think it's a bit early to start trying to sell souvenir bits and bobs with the well used "Why steal our glasses when you can buy one for only......". Feels like someone visited Ed Debevic's and the Hard Rock but failed to realise that the little things are only there to support a clear and bold concept.

Right now they have a 25% off promotion on meals ordered to eat in so if you're into that kind of food it's worth a visit. I did notice that some work was still being done to the frontage so it may be that the interior is not yet complete and maybe they'll sort it out a bit better before long.

Lastly, walking into a brand new straight-off-the-drawing-board restaurant where the ink on the menu is barely dry to be offered So-and-So's Famous Burgers and Shakes drives me to distraction. Famous? Famous where? It's a lie I tell you.

Edited by Greenside

OK, last evening, I went there with my friend for dinner after reading the good reviews here. :wai:

I parked just after MCML and decided to walk there instead.

We ordered chicken burger for a change. I had mind with cheeze. :jerk:

Side order of french fries and onion rings. 2 cokes.

Cost : 238.5 baht after discount 25 percent! :D Very good value for money.

Review :

The buns was very good. Topped with lots of sesame seeds. The chicken breast ( whole ) was well seasoned. ( Was told it is 'Thai style' ) :P

Chicken breast very nicely done. Taste good too.

Onion rings was crispy and good as well.

French fries seems a little too yellow on the outside for me! :D But taste was good.

Side comments :

What ever happened to the mustard sauce?? :o Could not 'squeeze out' any from the plastic bottle at all!

The 5 " screen tube on the table is a 'cute idea'.

Like the presentation of the napkins folded with the cutlery. This even include a tooth-pick! :D The holder bears the phone number of the place. Good idea!

Went to the wash room and like the big oval basin! I can even put my 1.5 yr old son inside and bath him! :D

Was told that there is a parking lot behind the resturant. So, for those visiting after 3.00pm and could not park infront, use the enterance near 'Boat resturant' and turn left.

Overall rating :

For a place that seems to be trying to be an embryo theme restaurant it seems that someone got a bit confused during development. Joe Jet's appears to have started out with the idea of being a 50's space or aircraft theme

There are some nice touches: the menus are done up to look like UK passports and

Great report, Greenside! (Glad it wasn't really an embryo theme, tho!)

So you check in with plans to visit outer space and end up being shipped off to the UK ?! A swindle! Bait and switch!

Still, provides a nice opportunity for any alien passport hunters from CMU to strike up a conversation ... :o .

Ohh another thing that you need to check out beside their burgers..., they have sexy waitresses walking around dressed up like air hostesses... gotta love it! :o

Man, I'm jealous -- Great burgers at good prices served by sexy chicks. Perhaps it's time ot move to CM.