Thai Orphanages (puckett)...

DeDanan

Tsunami Aid

In Western Europe most of the donations / collections are going to the Red Cross and similar organisations who will distribute the donations between the affected countries and this is good… But I have an affinity with Thailand and would like to see my Euro € go to Thai orphanages or a similar good cause.

(not a new idea but) I would like to sponsor a child in a Thai orphanage (Puckett) for a year, I am sure many of my friends would also like to think they had some direct impact other than put their donations into a big fund that may, well go anywhere!

My Question…

Can you recommend a genuine orphanage were we can sponsor a child for a year and give contact details for same.

Thanking You…

DeDanan.

Ps. I live in Ireland and if any of you have similar views pm me and lets get our act together.

Ok….

What do you give?… not sure yet but relatively speaking not a lot! (still working on this)

What do you get?...

The name and photo of the child you sponsor. Access to the child via mail (monitored by the orphanage staff)

The knowledge that YOU had a positive impact on an innocent child’s life this year.

Come on… let’s help those who have lost everything (family) and give them hope that there is a bigger family out there who will help look after them…

I for one want to give in some meaningful way to the country and the people that has given me so much.

If you feel the same as I, then express it now and encourage others to do similar.

Have a Happy

DeDanan

“We” as in anyone who has a similar view and wants to help someone in particular as opposed to help in general, I have NO ego position in this point, so when I refer to “we” I mean all who wish to contribute to the support of those affected and in particular those who have lost most and are most venerable, the orphans of tsunami.

All I wish to help create is a conduit through which we may contribute direct to Thai orphanages if it is your desire to do so.

Under any banner / name (Thai Visa or other) I do not care as long as I am happy that my contribution goes to those who need it.

So, what are you all waiting for?

Have a Happy….

DeDanan