New Road

DaveD

Hi im not sure if this belongs in this forum,but it is about our farmland.

Today my wife spoke with our neighbour who told her that the or bor tor are planning to upgrade the road that runs past our land.

The road at present is a single lane muck road ,and the upgrade will widen the raod to 8 meters and be chipped .

Our land has chanoot title .

So my question is :How will we be paid for the 3 meters of our land that will be taken for the new road? How is it valued? Who will pay for the new GPS survey and channoot?

My wife has called the poo yai ban ,but he is away for a couple of days .so we cant get any more info.

all advice appreciated

DaveD

Hi im not sure if this belongs in this forum,but it is about our farmland.

Today my wife spoke with our neighbour who told her that the or bor tor are planning to upgrade the road that runs past our land.

The road at present is a single lane muck road ,and the upgrade will widen the raod to 8 meters and be chipped .

Our land has chanoot title .

So my question is :How will we be paid for the 3 meters of our land that will be taken for the new road? How is it valued? Who will pay for the new GPS survey and channoot?

My wife has called the poo yai ban ,but he is away for a couple of days .so we cant get any more info.

all advice appreciated

DaveD

You may find that the three meters already belongs to the government. We have a plot of land with a narrow dirt road too. My wife was planting trees along the road and she was told that she had to stay back from the road three meters. I'm not one hundred percent sure but I decided that meant the government owned that three meter right of way. When you find out for sure, post and let us know how it works out.

Theres talk of a similar situation where I am our boundary markers are about a meter from the road and the missus tells me the land inbetween belongs to the king for that I read government. apparently when the track was originally built villagers donated the land as they obviously benefitted from the access. With an upgrade the same apparently applies and I may have to donate further land, a proper surface would definitly be an improvement in the rainy season and keep down the dust in the dry. This small strip seems a small price to pay and I certainly wouldn't be expecting any financial compensation !!! our land is chanote tee din by the way also the missus tells me the land registry office will pay for the new survey and relevant paperwork.

cheers Jandtaa

Hi,our chanoot concrete markers sit pracically beside the road (within 30cms) The electricity poles also sit exactly on the edge of the road .not back a few meters like you see on bigger roads.It seems that if the road is widened they will be taking some of everyones land.I woudnt worry about a meter ,but they may want about 3 meters !

Hi,our chanoot concrete markers sit pracically beside the road (within 30cms) The electricity poles also sit exactly on the edge of the road .not back a few meters like you see on bigger roads.It seems that if the road is widened they will be taking some of everyones land.I woudnt worry about a meter ,but they may want about 3 meters !

I believe ignorance isw bliss on this. You'd have to be near crazy to think that you would get any form of decent compensation here just as a average local yokel and not politically motivated and connected.

In reality don't look a fantastic gift horse in the ear, or whereever, as if you are getting this very expensive and good improvement on and or adjacent to your property you are going to benefit immensely as good land becomes much much better and more versatile with the ability to access it through excellent roads. you are a very lucky person.

I "gave" the county of Montery in California. some of my border property as an access and drainage easement in a property reconfiguration asnd was actively involved (heck it WAS my land with the paved county road and a small creek and nice pine and oak trees on it) in the survey and maps to file with courts (hel_l I paid for most of it). A few years after i had sold the property a woman got in a wreck on the county road (drivi9ng on the wrong side of the road) and lost her unborn baby. Lawyers got involved and you guessed it I ended up getting sued and because my attorney made a filing mistake i endded up having a $20,000 judgement against me as i'm on another continent.

Ignorance is bliss (and might save you $20k) and let them do what they must. if you have excellent boundary markers take pictures and drive 2-2 foot long 1/2" iron water pipes deep into and below the surface of the ground spaced one foot away from the existing cement boundary marker (this will allow you find it again later when it is buried over with the road fill by using a metal detector and triangulating(??) the location based on your photos and drawwings). Take a lot of photos of what you are doing showing the pipes locations as you drive them below the surface of the ground one foot from the cement monument. good choke dee and congradulations on your new "super highway"

jeez just reread your post and realised its gonna be 8 meters wide !! are they building a superhighway ?? how long before a motorcyclist hits one of those electric poles on the new road or are they gonna be part of the central reservation !! Certainly some upgrade from a dirt track, maybe you can "discover" an endangered species of critter in the vicinity and halt works (sorry I forgot TIT they'll probably just eat it) !! Maybe its time to move who wants all that traffic on their doorstep ?? 

chok dee na !! Jandtaa