True Commercials To Be Allowed

bkkjames

...breaking news....

[b]MCOT to let True Visions air commercials[/b]

The MCOT board has approved the airing of commercials through its private pay-TV concessionaire True Visions, True Corp's chief executive Supachai Chearavanont said Wednesday.

He explained that under the MCOT agreement, True Visions, a subsidiary of True Corp, would also be broadcasting MCOT programmes on five channels free of charge. He added that the concession fees would remain unchanged at 6.5 per cent of the revenue.

How will this affect our enjoyment of the 3 stooges at half time? Will they be on the bench in lieu of Yamaha and blanked out beer commercials?

Will True go the way of local TV and show games in the corner of the screen with ads playing over top?

Over the course of time, i like the 3 Stooges more & more...

My favourite is the one that stares blankly at his Laptop, very rarely speaking, then when he pipes up, he gets rudely cut off... :o

doesn't he remind you of a thai shebby singh (relative of yours?) look closely. Btw, I must say that this past Tuesday ol Shebby was on great form - best laugh I have had in a while while watching FF.

i always watch in a bar so don't have the dubious benefit of the in-studio 'experts'. i actually prefer watching on the thai channels these days, the chaps with laptops at halftime and the commentary is drowned out. makes it more like actually being at the match. :o

i always watch in a bar so don't have the dubious benefit of the in-studio 'experts'. i actually prefer watching on the thai channels these days, the chaps with laptops at halftime and the commentary is drowned out. makes it more like actually being at the match. :o

Stevie, up there in the sticks do they not have cable TV? It's only 1500 baht a month for the Gold Package.

Stevie, up there in the sticks do they not have cable TV? It's only 1500 baht a month for the Gold Package.

i hate watching football indoors james, always have. if i can't be at the match i have to be in a pub or bar.

i hate watching football indoors james, always have. if i can't be at the match i have to be in a pub or bar.

just admit it, you smoke 2 packs of ciggies during every LP match - hence the outdoor fixation.

Over the course of time, i like the 3 Stooges more & more...

My favourite is the one that stares blankly at his Laptop, very rarely speaking, then when he pipes up, he gets rudely cut off... :D

doesn't he remind you of a thai shebby singh (relative of yours?) look closely. Btw, I must say that this past Tuesday ol Shebby was on great form - best laugh I have had in a while while watching FF.

Relative of mine ??

Shebby ??

If he is he's got a much better Tan than i have.... :o

Anyway, who says i'm not Shebby ??

Im the opposite of you, whenever i go watch my team in the pub and they lose which they normally do, i get all wound up and am game to give anyone supporting the opposing team a clip, hence its not a good idea for me to go there.

Surely now theyve got adverts that will mean cheaper True packages.

Edited by sanmiguel

And here I am, naive me, thinking we pay for the programs in order to limit the amount of advertising.

:o

If they go with the moronic, greedy way Thai tv does, then fuc_k it.

Commercial brake every 6 minutes. Thats quite a few interuptions within 90 minutes.

Good all greed. Obviously thought well from how they broadcast sports events back in the "land of greed".

And here I am, naive me, thinking we pay for the programs in order to limit the amount of advertising.

Commercial brake every 6 minutes. Thats quite a few interuptions within 90 minutes.

Good all greed. Obviously thought well from how they broadcast sports events back in the "land of greed".

So long as they dont have adverts during the game then there is no problem, there is no need for half time analysis if youve just watched the first half as you'd be able to form your own opinion of what happened.

Blatter wanted half time extended the other week so he could make more money from advertisers, but the voted against it. Expect it to be 4 quarters some time in the future.

Ads every 6 minutes in the football? I'm all for it.......it'd save me 2000Baht a month on the cancelled subscription!!

if they start doing adverts throuout the footie games,i will cancell too

It is feasible for it to happen, where they make the match go into the corner of the screen so you can still see it and the advert on the rest of the screen.

Maybe when the premier league start charging too much theyll have no choice but to do it.

You can bet that when the rights stop going for more each year in england theyll resort to anything, game 39 is the perfect example.

Yes, I read the article and remember nothing that would indicate football be interrupted with commercials. The wording is awkward, anyway, and it's not clear at all to me what this agreement means at all or to what it's referring.

Yes, I read the article and remember nothing that would indicate football be interrupted with commercials. The wording is awkward, anyway, and it's not clear at all to me what this agreement means at all or to what it's referring.

Jim,, assuming you have True Visions, just put 2 and 2 together. Besides football, do you watch anything else on True, is there anything else worth watching?

Football is where the people (who still have money) will be putting it.