Pool Tables

lampard10

Does any of our readers know the do's and don'ts for pool tables in the Kingdom. Here in Surin we have heard that more than one table is not allowed,to stop people gambling,although pool on a snooker table is allowed. Some sort of Thai logic there. I ask the question because I wish to purchase a table for the pub,which would give us the only pool table here in Surin,but of course want to know if it is entirely legal first. :o

Dave at the Bamboo had a pool table in his bar (the bamboo bar), he use to get a lot of Thais in there playing, i think he also had to pay a tax for it, since then, i have bought it of him and it is in my house in Buriram, he did not sell it because of the tax, it was because he has moved back to the UK, for a couple of years.

Dave at the Bamboo had a pool table in his bar (the bamboo bar), he use to get a lot of Thais in there playing, i think he also had to pay a tax for it, since then, i have bought it of him and it is in my house in Buriram, he did not sell it because of the tax, it was because he has moved back to the UK, for a couple of years.

I heard Dave had sold out to a Thai couple

The police (one man) used to come to my old place every month and demand 500 Baht for the pool table. My ex just told him to p*** off as did most farang bars on the Soi. I heard he was eventually assassinated.

One friend was approached a number of years ago, after this "tax" had disappeared for a while, and again was asked for 500 Baht. He told the two men that he was just going upstairs to telephone The Chief of Police to check this that this demand had official santion.

There was no telephone upstairs and needless to say the culprits fled. Turned out they were Phuket police on holiday trying to make some extra money. They were caught. Probably transferred to some remote location.

Don't pay. I never did and never knew the actual legality of the situation.

At the moment dave is renting a flat of me in the UK, and his Thai Mrs works for me, they sold out to a ferrang and his Thai wife. his name is also Dave, he works in the uk and his Mrs runs the bar.

At the moment dave is renting a flat of me in the UK, and his Thai Mrs works for me, they sold out to a ferrang and his Thai wife. his name is also Dave, he works in the uk and his Mrs runs the bar.

Dave Roberts came last year to introduce himself to me.........is that the old Dave or the new Dave?