Phuket Immigration

amanda76

Went to LA, got my Non Im B visa, went to Phuket Immigration and they told me that I have to do a visa run across the border.

I bought this visa to avoid this process, and now I curious if I am being lied to or what?

I went to the Chalong Immigration and this is where I learned this.

When I arrived in December, I got a 3 month stamp, now, I have to go to KL and back to get another one?

The visa company said all I had to do was check in.

~a~

If you have a 3 month visa, after those 3 months you have to go and get another visa (or enter Thailand visa exempt, 15 days if entering over land/sea, 30 days if entering by air).

If you have a 1 year visa you have to report at immigration every 3 months, and renew that visa after one year. That renewal can be done on Phuket, so without leaving the country.

If you have a 3 month visa, after those 3 months you have to go and get another visa (or enter Thailand visa exempt, 15 days if entering over land/sea, 30 days if entering by air).

If you have a 1 year visa you have to report at immigration every 3 months, and renew that visa after one year. That renewal can be done on Phuket, so without leaving the country.

Thanks Steve,

Can't I just go to the airport and get another 3 month stamp? It is a 1 Year Non Im B Visa.

~a~

You have a 1 year non B.. You dont have an annual extension.

Hence you have to leave the country every 90 days.. You dont have to get a new visa, you can enter thailand as many times as you like, recieveing a 90 day permit to stay each time you enter, up to the end date of the visa (meaning you can get 15 months out of a 12 month visa by entering on the last day).

If you have a B visa are you working ?? If so you should have a work permit and then if you fulfill the many requirements you can get an annual incountry extension.. no more visa runs.

Is Chalong Immigration a pukka Immigration office? Can you do 90 day reporting there?

Yes you can. I went there once - never again. The guy asked all sorts of questions that were basically none of his business - and it wasn't in a friendly way. He even told me to grow my hair as I didn't look like my passport photo. Cheeky beggar. Never again.

Is Chalong Immigration a pukka Immigration office? Can you do 90 day reporting there?

Yes you can. I went there once - never again. The guy asked all sorts of questions that were basically none of his business - and it wasn't in a friendly way. He even told me to grow my hair as I didn't look like my passport photo. Cheeky beggar. Never again.

hope you had shirt on in passport pic

I tried once to do my 90 day reporting in Chalong but two very bored looking officials send me to Phuket town immigration.
No problem in Patong on Beach Road. The "90 days" are all they are doing, so it is a quick stop and you are done without queing up...

Thanks Steve,

Can't I just go to the airport and get another 3 month stamp? It is a 1 Year Non Im B Visa.

~a~

No !

hope you had shirt on in passport pic

Nah, I think it was the speedos that upset him.

Went to LA, got my Non Im B visa, went to Phuket Immigration and they told me that I have to do a visa run across the border.

I bought this visa to avoid this process, and now I curious if I am being lied to or what?

I went to the Chalong Immigration and this is where I learned this.

When I arrived in December, I got a 3 month stamp, now, I have to go to KL and back to get another one?

The visa company said all I had to do was check in.

~a~

you have not been lied to...you must exit every 90 days and you get another visa stamp for 90.on this B visa class.

also you do not have to go as far as KL...you can do a 1500 all in visa run to Ranong via Bangkok legal services.

Amanda76:

Have you considered an "Ed" visa. Enroll with a school and you can get a one-year visa - No More Visa Runs!

Fully approved and legit by the Thai Min of Ed & Immigration.

Completely hassle-free, plus you have the chance to learn Thai instead of throwing money at a lawyer, tax man or into the Thai bureaucracy.

Email me for details.... you will have to wear more than the speedo!

Thomas G

I tried once to do my 90 day reporting in Chalong but two very bored looking officials send me to Phuket town immigration.
No problem in Patong on Beach Road. The "90 days" are all they are doing, so it is a quick stop and you are done without queing up...

Phuket town used to be quick in and out, bu then they got the que paper system ( or got it fixed) and last month it was an hour wait with all the others applying for visas, etc.

It seems it's made as unpleasant as possible.

I can't stand that little swishing guy either, he asked me a lot of personal questions that were in no way his business. I swear he was really frustrated all my paper work was in perfect order, kept shuffling through it ... was I supposed to bribe him? I already had the visa , I was applying for 1 year extension .

'Seems' to me like the Thai Government HATE foreigners with a passion.

They do enjoy screwing with us though. They actually deleted the English version of the Phuket Immigration website. Makes a lot of sense, brilliant stuff!

Phuket town used to be quick in and out, bu then they got the que paper system ( or got it fixed) and last month it was an hour wait with all the others applying for visas, etc.

I can't stand that little swishing guy either, he asked me a lot of personal questions that were in no way his business. I swear he was really frustrated all my paper work was in perfect order, kept shuffling through it ... was I supposed to bribe him? I already had the visa , I was applying for 1 year extension .

Some people give 'tea money' and they get very annoyed if you don't. A few weeks ago I was late for my 90 day report, found only ladies working who were so kind to process the report but when I walked back to my car below the building in a corner, bumped almost to thinny and thicky dividing the fruit of the day. Would liked to have my cam ready to record it and post it on YouTube but maybe next time.

Some people give 'tea money' and they get very annoyed if you don't.

This sounds like nonsense. I've never given any tea money and no-one has got annoyed with me.

How long do you live here, what do you know about my nine year experiences with Phuket Immigration?

Nothing right! so why called it nonsense because you have a good experience?