Beach Road

brianw

Just read this weeks Pattaya Mail What a load of Waffle these Pattaya Government ministers talk Expand the beach how? by sanding over Beach Road and knocking down all beach side hotels and shops (actually it would not be a bad idea) and as for the Mono Rail ha ha ha If they really want to do something have official crossing points that are rigorasly enforced as every one knows crossing the road is a nightmare. another point Walking Sreet (street urchins beggars etc) put the buggers that exploit these children in jail . any way thats enough ranting by me nothing will ever change.

Sounds about right. Pay Japanese consultants billions, then ignore their recommendations (because nobody bunged the chaps at ONEP). Designate some locals to re-investigate the 'problem' and they confirm there isn't one (because they got bunged right). But go ahead and propose bringing in some extra sand so we can make the beach wide enough for an elevated highway. Brilliant!

Oh, and the 101 'illegal structures'? Been there at least 30 years and I reckon they will be there for at least another 30 (because successive city administrations can't resist a good bung).

I like these 'geographical changes' that he keeps harping on about though. Do you think he means that Pattaya's coast is unique in physically changing itself over just a few decades? Maybe that's the real cause for the explosion in the amount of ladyboys and Indian tailors. The logic fits.

In another article in the same paper, you can see that a private company (with farang links) bunged a local Marine Department chief so they could start destroying the beach. However, the actions of the Chonburi Governor would suggest that he is after a bung from the Head of the marine department who may or may not have been bunged by the local Marine Department chief yet. The local district chief may have gotten his bung as he has passed the locals complaint on to his deputy.

Edited by NanLaew

^ CRANKY OLD FARTS WHO THINK THEY KNOW EVERYTHING AS THEY SIP THEIR CHANG OUTSIDE 7/11 .

heheh...correct.

but i have

done that too, sat with

some beer and

stared about ''things''.

i am almost 40 yrs for

farts but alive.

14 years in thailand.

heheh.

nice views what ever said.

cheers and rock.

Missing the point, Thai logic at work here, bigger beach many more tourists come to Pattaya,no?? :o

Yeah and the reality is, bigger beach, more tourists, more shitty water...... :-)