Briton Killed In Motorcycle Crash Appeared Drunk

sriracha john

Sorry JC, but you seem to have mistaken some of these people as people that actually care.

Perhaps you should go and spend some time with the grieving family rather than working yourself up worrying about what others think of your dearly departed.

Best of luck, as usual my thoughts are with the victims & their families during these difficult times.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes yes it is terrible. Of course if the Thai guy had swerved into the brit, then most on this post would be decrying the Thai culture that allows drunken yabba smoking somchais to ride bikes at all.

Maybe he was murdered due to a land deal or other biz with a Thai person, or perhaps his wife poisioned him, thus causing the crash.

:o:D:D:D:D:wai::P

Thai culture that allows drunken yabba smoking somchais to ride bikes and speak on the phone at the same time !

Sorry JC, but you seem to have mistaken some of these people as people that actually care.

I can not stoop to that level of someone who does not care. It is way beyond my comprehension of being a fellow human being.

JC,

Have a look around you, go for a walk, look at the people, theres so many out there these days, they are just in it for themselves, things have changed & with every passing generation it just gets worse and worse.

You can lie bleeding to death on the roads edge and someone will come and park their car on your head because its more convenient than parking across the street. The human race is an appauling thing! We are truely the most distructive creature to walk the face of the earth....nothing surprises me.

Neverdie and JC.

I have to agree with you. I find myself less appalled by the waste of a life than I used to be. So many people seem to find joy in others' suffering.

Especially here...have you seen the advert on Thai TV, it's for an insurance company...

People are inside an eating house or something like that and there is the sound of an accident outside... All the people jump up and gleefully rush outside to have a look at the carnage. By the time they get outside, the Insurance man is already there and everything is sorted already. The disappointed people go back inside. The advert is meant to show that the Insurance company responds really quickly, but it also shows the truth, that so many people get excited about somebody getting hurt or even killed.

Not so long ago I was riding the m/bike on my way home on the dual carriageway and there had been an horrific accident on the other carriageway, a bus and a pickup. My side of the road was more like a car park, where people had left there cars and were standing in the central area so they could get a good look at the carnage.

What is the matter with these people?

Neverdie and JC.

I have to agree with you. I find myself less appalled by the waste of a life than I used to be. So many people seem to find joy in others' suffering.

Especially here...have you seen the advert on Thai TV, it's for an insurance company...

People are inside an eating house or something like that and there is the sound of an accident outside... All the people jump up and gleefully rush outside to have a look at the carnage. By the time they get outside, the Insurance man is already there and everything is sorted already. The disappointed people go back inside. The advert is meant to show that the Insurance company responds really quickly, but it also shows the truth, that so many people get excited about somebody getting hurt or even killed.

Not so long ago I was riding the m/bike on my way home on the dual carriageway and there had been an horrific accident on the other carriageway, a bus and a pickup. My side of the road was more like a car park, where people had left there cars and were standing in the central area so they could get a good look at the carnage.

Hey looong, great post mate & so true....you forgot to mention the media scum that then turns up and takes the pics of the people plastered all over the road, so it can be smeared accross the front page of tommorrows paper.

Its an extra vote for me to stay on the farm and not leave the gate of the front boundary. :o

Neverdie and JC.

I try not deride it as it is different, not better or worse, but certainly different.

But then again, many aspects of different cultures are like that.

At a train derailment in Chonburi that involved injuries and a lot of smoke and twisted metal, within minutes it seemed like in addition to the "car park" you mention, motorcycle vendors of hot dogs and som tam were on the scene with ample customers for each. I half expected the water ring seller from Bang Saen to show up to join the near carnival-like atmosphere.

3247844311_cb4202571c.jpg

Neverdie and JC.

I was thinking exactly the same when I read some of the posts surrounding (and including) yours.

Here we go again, I was thinking! Some of Thai Visa's brightest trying to impose their western values and social conditioning on the Thai population.

Does it ever occur to you that people are different, and what was "right" in [insert your western country of choice] does not necessarily apply to those born and bought up as Thais in Thailand.

Neverdie and JC.

I try not deride it as it is different, not better or worse, but certainly different.

But then again, many aspects of different cultures are like that.

At a train derailment in Chonburi that involved injuries and a lot of smoke and twisted metal, within minutes it seemed like in addition to the "car park" you mention, motorcycle vendors of hot dogs and som tam were on the scene with ample customers for each. I half expected the water ring seller from Bang Saen to show up to join the near carnival-like atmosphere.

3247844311_cb4202571c.jpg

I wasnt actually making my comments directly in regards to 'thai people' but a broad generalisation of how things tend to be heading in most places I have visited in this lifetime (which is by no means a great portion of the world, but I have sampled a reasonable portion).

I am never ceases to amaze me how people like to stand around and gawke at a bad situation OR some of the things that appear in the various types of media & all these things occur in many of the places I have visited, thailand is certainly not on its own.

I'm fairly sure in my previous posts I referred to the 'human race' had nothing to do with culture or creed.

just human nature to be inquisitive,when something bad happens it tends to be dramatic and draws people towards it.

I dunno about that. Not something that attracts me, watching people bleeding to death. I don't see the attraction.

Some of the supposed gawkers cause many problems when doing so, just another example of people only thinking of themselves, you see it all the time when people are slowing near an accident scene & loafing around causing traffic problems and the medics are caught up in the traffic whilst people dikc arse around gawking & poking their nose in.....they are probably the same idiots that dont yield to Ambulances that are sounding sirens & lights :o ....another example of people just acting for themselves with no thought for others.

just human nature to be inquisitive,when something bad happens it tends to be dramatic and draws people towards it.

I dunno about that. Not something that attracts me, watching people bleeding to death. I don't see the attraction.

Some of the supposed gawkers cause many problems when doing so, just another example of people only thinking of themselves, you see it all the time when people are slowing near an accident scene & loafing around causing traffic problems and the medics are caught up in the traffic whilst people dikc arse around gawking & poking their nose in.....they are probably the same idiots that dont yield to Ambulances that are sounding sirens & lights :o ....another example of people just acting for themselves with no thought for others.

funny,i took you for an inquisitive bugger :D

^ not my thing sbc, i dont have any weird sexual desires to watch other people suffer....sorry to disappoint. Its not the only reason I stopped buying papers & watching dramatic bias news flashes either. :o

I know you're being serious,was just a flippant reply.

I thought that was what you were doing in your avatar.

^ not my thing sbc, i dont have any weird sexual desires to watch other people suffer....sorry to disappoint. Its not the only reason I stopped buying papers & watching dramatic bias news flashes either. :o

I know you're being serious,was just a flippant reply.

I thought that was what you were doing in your avatar.

yeah i roll over easy,any bar girl will tell you.

I guess I didn't really express myself too well before.

With so many bad things happening in the world, you sort of erect a force field. It's everyday news and you're no longer horrified by it.

Another Farang dies in a motorbike accident -so what - it happens all the time. It's not someone we know personally, it's just another piece of news. Because we are not emotionally involved and have built up a resistance to the shock of death by hearing about it so often, we are able to discuss it with the same reverence as if we are discussing the weather.

We do tend to forget that the deceased has a family, and maybe he was a bad lad, but maybe he was a good provider and a good father.

I hope that his family get through this okay.

This gleeful attitude of the Thais who for the most part enjoy the vision of a nasty accident............

I don't see how a Farang who cannot understand how people of any race or creed taking pleasure from the sight of blood, gore and death is trying to impose their culture. It is simply that we cannot understand it.

I never accessed the video link in this thread as I am sure I would not like to see it.

^loong,

Funny, what you have just stated is exactly how I took your first post in any case, theres no need to read too far into what you are trying to say. Some posters around here, get all uppedy and are quick to critise other posters by saying, hes intelligent, shes not intelligent & so forth, theres no need for any of that in what you said previously or what a couple of other also said.

You have not said anything wrong in my opinon for what its worth. I didnt click on the news article either, I dont need to see those sort of pictures, Ive had a taste of the real world, unlike some of the text book librarians.

Hey looong, great post mate & so true....you forgot to mention the media scum that then turns up and takes the pics of the people plastered all over the road, so it can be smeared accross the front page of tommorrows paper.

Its an extra vote for me to stay on the farm and not leave the gate of the front boundary. :D

Spot on ND, unfortunately around christmas time i was witness to a bad accident on Sukhumvit / Chaiyapruek crossroads whereby one of the victims was trapped in the cab of his truck, the rescue services were there quickly with the "jaws of life" to free the guy, but the rescuers had to physically manhandle some of the media photographers out of the way, they were leaning into the cab and stretching over the rescuers to get their pics - unbelievable!! :o

Spot on ND, unfortunately around christmas time i was witness to a bad accident on Sukhumvit / Chaiyapruek crossroads whereby one of the victims was trapped in the cab of his truck, the rescue services were there quickly with the "jaws of life" to free the guy, but the rescuers had to physically manhandle some of the media photographers out of the way, they were leaning into the cab and stretching over the rescuers to get their pics - unbelievable!! :o

Its appauling isnt it.....nothing would surprise me with these vultures.

One of my favourite things is seeing journalists getting wipped out when they are sticking their silly noses in places where they shouldnt be, no sad too bad! :D

I think the nader was the photos of the girl tied to the train tracks in Surat Thani.

Why would they think this is suitable for publication?????

It is madness, and shows the cheapness that life is held to here by too many.

In all of my years attending motor car/cycle racing both on and off road , viewed multiple accidents and quite a number of deaths , I never once saw a helmet strap cause a serious injury to the neck , especialy bad enough to cause a person to bleed to death in a VERY short time or even anywhere close for that matter . Perhaps , lust perhaps , there could be something in the 'Taut wire' theory offered by one poster .

My condolences to both families involved . R.I.P the unfortunate Brit .

Why oh why do most people on Thai Visa slag each other off ?? I really am beginning to think this forum is a waste of time. There are other sources of the same information.

The man died, no one knows what caused the accident, but it was another tragic loss of life. RIP.

In all of my years attending motor car/cycle racing both on and off road , viewed multiple accidents and quite a number of deaths , I never once saw a helmet strap cause a serious injury to the neck , especialy bad enough to cause a person to bleed to death in a VERY short time or even anywhere close for that matter . Perhaps , lust perhaps , there could be something in the 'Taut wire' theory offered by one poster .

If you know that soi then you would know how busy it is at that time in the morning with cars, buses, trucks galore. Is it being suggested that someone all of a sudden decided to leap across a road, string a wire over, hope a truck never hits it and just happens to get the mo-cy?

Then there is the alleged "talk on the street" about a mo-cy pulling out right in front of Mr. Mann, thus causing the accident.

My condolences to both families involved . R.I.P the unfortunate Brit .