Can A Brother Get Some Security?

cheapmeat

I fear for my safety here in Pattaya. the crime rate is getting out of hand. we have many Thai criminals and thugs hanging around here. these guys deal drugs and create problems. I think a good idea would be to build a large gated complex with it's own tight security for foreigners in Pattaya to keep the bad guys out. anybody think it is a good idea?

I fear for my safety here in Pattaya. the crime rate is getting out of hand. we have many Thai criminals and thugs hanging around here. these guys deal drugs and create problems. I think a good idea would be to build a large gated complex with it's own tight security for foreigners in Pattaya to keep the bad guys out. anybody think it is a good idea?

Sounds like you want to build a Monkey House for the good guys. Not my style thanks!

What about the foreign Criminals do you lock them in with you ?

If you truly fear so much for your safety in Pattaya maybe it's time you relocated , East Cleveland ? , East LA ?

Northbridge in Perth?, St.Kilda in Melbourne?, Chapeltown/Oldham in England?, Harare/Lagos?, Mexico?,

Get a life , most crime,drugs ,protection, corruption etc were introduced into Pattaya by Foreigners originally anyway & a lot of it is still under foreign control &/or partnership.

Who cares ? remember the Shirt.....................SAME SAME--------BUT DIFFERENT ?..................Avoidance is the best protection

By the way . Look at the Uniformed Security Personnel around the Hotels etc in Pattaya controlling ingress, are you kidding !!!

:o

To the OP: Why not move somewhere that you feel is safer? Wouldn't that make more sense than building yourself a big compound? Surely you would still need to go out of the compound and then you would still have to face all the baddies.

Or you could get a bullet proof humvee, bullet proof clothing and body guards too and stay in Pattaya.

byoung2.

quote .... Or you could get a bullet proof humvee, bullet proof clothing and body guards .

just like the russians have in sihanookvile cambodia :D

dave2

I guess we now know where the OP will be relocating to. Hope he speaks russian :o

Maybe you should leave Pattaya.

If you truly fear so much for your safety in Pattaya maybe it's time you relocated , East Cleveland ? , East LA ?

Northbridge in Perth?, St.Kilda in Melbourne?, Chapeltown/Oldham in England?, Harare/Lagos?, Mexico?,

St Kilda is now a trendy suburb with some of the most expensive property in the country! A far cry from 30 years ago, BoJangles & the days of Mark "Chopper" Reid! :o

One thing i am learning here in pattaya is avoid desolate (day or night) sois, stay where there is people.

My wife has told me this 100 times but do i listen? of course not :o

I was on soi 7 and 8 Fri night and around midnight i decided to stroll over soi 6 along beach road. It actually turned into

a bit of a walk and got dark/desolate at one point and voila wouldnt u know it 3 katoeys waiting. Well 2 went to grab my arms

and i twisted away from them fairly easy and continued on. This has happened many times and i usually brush it off. Well this time

they start following me shouting bad things in thai and punching their hands like they are going to beat me. I just kept my cool

and had hand on kobaton in front pocket waiting for something to touch me. I didnt turn and stare at them as i think this

would have escalated them. Not good leaving your back exposed like that i know but I felt if i turned it would be giving them

the green light to attack, you have to know thais to understand this. I kept walking and they eventually backed off. They may

have been trying to scare me / size me up - like in the animal world they look for weak prey.

Other than that i feel somewhat secure here, more secure than living in the US

St Kilda is now a trendy suburb with some of the most expensive property in the country! A far cry from 30 years ago, BoJangles & the days of Mark "Chopper" Reid! :o

Didn't he retire to Bangkok and become a moderator on some web-site?

Have you thought about a perimeter electric security fence for your own property? Info here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Electric-Fence-t173759.html

St Kilda is now a trendy suburb with some of the most expensive property in the country! A far cry from 30 years ago, BoJangles & the days of Mark "Chopper" Reid! :D

'ear 'ear

:o

post-64388-1237213662.gif

have you thought about picking up 6-7 of these?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Familair-Lemurs-t250019.html

have you thought about picking up 6-7 of these?

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Familair-Lemurs-t250019.html

They won't do anything for you. It takes them half an hour to get from one side of their cage to the other. :o

Just an occasional poster. :D