Get Your Money Out Of Thailand

I recently sold my condo and am returning to the US. I brought the money over here through Bangkok Bank and have just returned from their office trying to set up my account for withdrawal to the US. Humm alot easier bringing it in then taking it out. Anyone been through this and can offer some advice/help.

Must admit that any dosh no matter how small I have have brought in or transfered to LOS over the years will never leave ...so I dont worry about it......the profit are in the sunshine..... :o

I recently sold my condo and am returning to the US. I brought the money over here through Bangkok Bank and have just returned from their office trying to set up my account for withdrawal to the US. Humm alot easier bringing it in then taking it out. Anyone been through this and can offer some advice/help.

If you can prove you brought the money in to buy the condo and you have now sold it...transferring the cash should be easy, if you cant prove it....then going to have problems getting it out...

If you have the original transfer documents, which the BKK bank should be able to supply, then transferring the original amount should not be an issue. For any excess over this you have to show that you have paid tax on the profit to make a transfer.

Otherwise with an ATM card you can withdraw the money slowly and possibly expensively.

Or exchange the THB to USD in Thailand. Tell them you are going on holiday. I've no idea what the upper limit is, but so far up to THB 300,000 has not been an issue.

From Paradise to House of Cards, aka Spoiled Children's Depot, aka hel_l? ... voluntarily? Jeez, can't you at least wait till either your Soul or Death demands it? :o

The ones who have been thru' this before you are shedding tears of blood - and all the while the thai wives' resentment skyrockets as the financial hatches are tightened - forget about noodles for well under $1. From the time you wake up to the time you hit the sack on a daily basis, you'll be dropping thousands of Baht as opposed to just a few hundred here and getting 2-5 times the value here.

If you're single multiply the costs 2-fold and add the fact that there is no definite score after dinner despite dropping $100-500. Heck, here the dessert is in the bag even before dinner - and the quality? .... can't be beat!

A total no brainer on all counts.

And BBL et al - you're imagining things - you can send money out of LOS easily (with original receipts). Never had a problem.

From Paradise to House of Cards, aka Spoiled Children's Depot, aka hel_l? ... voluntarily? Jeez, can't you at least wait till either your Soul or Death demands it? :o

The ones who have been thru' this before you are shedding tears of blood - and all the while the thai wives' resentment skyrockets as the financial hatches are tightened - forget about noodles for well under $1. From the time you wake up to the time you hit the sack on a daily basis, you'll be dropping thousands of Baht as opposed to just a few hundred here and getting 2-5 times the value here.

If you're single multiply the costs 2-fold and add the fact that there is no definite score after dinner despite dropping $100-500. Heck, here the dessert is in the bag even before dinner - and the quality? .... can't be beat!

And BBL et al - you're imagining things - you can send money out of LOS easily (with original receipts). Never had a problem.

I think that he was looking for comments about the mechanics of moving money out of Thailand, not for an incoherent recital of all the things that are horrible about the US.

Edited by OriginalPoster

If you have sold your condo, the process to transfer out the entire transaction amount is quite easy and straightforward at Bangkok Bank. You need:

1. Filled out funds export remittance application, from Bangkok Bank

2. your passport and your Bangkok Bank account details or book.

3. copy of chanote (title document), front and back side, after the transfer at Land Dept office

4. the transaction document issued by Land Dept office accompanying the chanote

5. the original of tax payment receipt, blue copy document, issued by Land Dept office

That's basically it. Most people think the copy of the Foreign Exchange Transaction Form is necessary, but the folks at Bangkok Bank, Headquarters Building, 2nd floor Funds export remittance department, didn't even look at the FETF that I had brought along. There is also a form from the Bank of Thailand that the staff prepares for you and you have to sign.

The amount you can export out is the amount declared on the transaction document and on which the tax/fees were paid.

This assumes the chanote had been in your sole name, and that you are not a Thai national. If not, I'm not sure what the situation would be.

I have done this twice, so you can be sure of this procedure, unless it has been changed within the last 6 months.

If you have sold your condo, the process to transfer out the entire transaction amount is quite easy and straightforward at Bangkok Bank. You need:

1. Filled out funds export remittance application, from Bangkok Bank

2. your passport and your Bangkok Bank account details or book.

3. copy of chanote (title document), front and back side, after the transfer at Land Dept office

4. the transaction document issued by Land Dept office accompanying the chanote

5. the original of tax payment receipt, blue copy document, issued by Land Dept office

That's basically it. Most people think the copy of the Foreign Exchange Transaction Form is necessary, but the folks at Bangkok Bank, Headquarters Building, 2nd floor Funds export remittance department, didn't even look at the FETF that I had brought along. There is also a form from the Bank of Thailand that the staff prepares for you and you have to sign.

The amount you can export out is the amount declared on the transaction document and on which the tax/fees were paid.

This assumes the chanote had been in your sole name, and that you are not a Thai national. If not, I'm not sure what the situation would be.

I have done this twice, so you can be sure of this procedure, unless it has been changed within the last 6 months.

I concur. I sold my condo 4 months ago and had no problem sending the money back to the UK. I,m with the Kasikorn bank and again, had all the correct documents, including the FETF.

Are you drunk or on some other mind-bending substance?

-----------------------------------------------------------

Hey alfa, forgot an important point and today it was cemented further ...

you're questioning real or imagined minor difficulties at Bangkok Bank and not stateside banks?

as usual that's ass backwards ....

if your bank is still there when you arrive to pick up your transferred funds, and you don't need to fly to DC to get it, just try to withdraw cash more than the threshold $10K and tell us if the transaction took several hours, days or weeks and how many questions you had to answer and how many subtle insults you had to endure.

Would you do that for us, please?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKeYPnkyE3o...feature=related

you're questioning real or imagined minor difficulties at Bangkok Bank and not stateside banks?

if your bank is still there when you arrive to pick up your transferred funds, and you don't need to fly to DC to get it, just try to withdraw cash more than the threshold $10K and tell us if the transaction took several hours, days or weeks and how many questions you had to answer and how many subtle insults you had to endure.

-------------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q80H-BHjDdA...feature=related

lucky you selling a condo in these conditions, how did you do it and who to?

In exchange.....

Go to Bangkok Bank and buy Cashiers cheques drawn on Bangkok Bank New York (or London, maximum of USD20k each without any questions being asked and courier them to your own bank for deposit, will clear in three working days. Repeat the process as many times as needed. Cost of the cheque is the same as if buying currency hence it's favorable.

This came from a previous post on TV.

From what i recall from talking to TMB in Chiang Mai. Proof of the original foreign money transfer and copy of deed in your name. A copy of contract of sale, Copy of Bankers check you received as payment. Copy of sale transfer. Copy of passport

No problem. Oh. pay some small amount for transfer

--------------------------------

http://www.dailyreckoning.com/the-collapse-of-09/