Single / Relationship

orang_utan

I have been single for a few months now and am starting to enjoy my single life. Not that my previous relationship was a disaster, but I do find myself "being / living more for myself" now than when I was in a relationship. Perhaps you would say this is because I have just been single for "few months", etc.

Anyway, how about you? If you had the choice, which do you prefer? Being single or staying in a relationship?

'The grass is always greener.......'

Yes and no . Been in long and short time relationships before but for the last couple of years i'm single by my own advise . I don't want a relationship anymore , i feel so much better on my own . I know that ,generally speaking , i'm a exception to the rule , but for me this is the only way .

What about sex though?

Being single means no regular, so that means more partners, which in turn means more headbusters. Not to mention the hygene factor.

But then once you commit, your life is dull, you start looking about.

I think an optimal approach would be to have a decent gf who you get on really well with, but who also dosen't mind you staying out a bit late, or coming home smelling of cheap soap, and latex lube. Just now and then.

:o

I have never liked being single, (which would account for four marriages I suppose) I am not the independant type, I like being looked after and am happy to look after my wife, I have lost a lot on jumping in feet first, but its my nature, probably comes from insecurity, I drink and smoke far too much and am to be honest I am not an easy person to live with, I have severe mood swings so I suppose I deserved all I got, however now I have retired I am a little more predictable and am doing what I can to "sort myself out" I do not want to go through another divorce so I have to try hard to make my marriage work, if it did not however then I would probably be straight back on the prowl for a new Partner, but thats just me, I wish I had a different personality but... I don't, I NEED to be with someone,the thought of being single frightens me. I am lucky at the moment that my Wife (Thai) puts up with me, but we all know that there could be a whole host of reasons why that is!!!

What about sex though?

Being single means no regular, so that means more partners, which in turn means more headbusters. Not to mention the hygene factor.

I think an optimal approach would be to have a decent gf who you get on really well with, but who also dosen't mind you staying out a bit late, or coming home smelling of cheap soap, and latex lube. Just now and then.

Can you tell me where I can find this type of girls? Even if it requires to go a few thousand metres underground to dig them out from a mine.

I am single for just a year now after an 18 months relationship.

I do enjoy being single as it gives me the opportunity for being a bit selfish. By this, I mean that I do what I want, when I want.

Especially going out with my gfs and hit the guys. :D

However, I, sometimes, miss good company, especially at breakfast time. :o

And sex is far much better when partners know each other's desire. A "one night stand" would never compete with a long time relationship on this point.

Ive been in a relationship for 3 years now, although due to work commitments we dont spend all our time together, which IMO is a good thing.

Its good to be single for a while but then again its good to get back home and have someone waiting for you (not with a 6 inch blade). I am not sure if I would be ready to settle down right now though, I enjoy enjoying myself too much.

My dad lives in the mountains in Southern Spain & spends 10 months a year single, his girlfriend who is a uni lecturer lives in the UK & has 2 one month holidays a year. They both say this is the best relationship they have both had as they are both totally selfish & like the freedom of being on their own & doing their own thing with a month of good company & sex (Eurgh) twice a year. They have been like this for 8 years already & knowing my dad, I wouldn't inflict him on any women full time as he's a miserable sod. btw, he is 57 & she is 36 y/o. Some people are meant to be in a relationship as it suits them & some people aren't. It's family & society that tells you that being alone is bad but I liked being single & miss it a lot sometimes as there is no comparision to the freedom you have as a singleton & the unadulterated pleasure of being totally selfish :o

What about sex though?

Can you tell me where I can find this type of girls? Even if it requires to go a few thousand metres underground to dig them out from a mine.

I had one for over a year. She was a lazy sod, so I left her. But guess you're right, not many about. :D

After getting divorced from a 20 year marriage, I loved the freedom that being single gave me. I did what I wanted, when I wanted. I spent MY money however the ###### I wanted.

For 2 years I thought "Why did I ever get married?", but then I started to miss always having someone to chat with when I came home from work, always having someone to cuddle upto while watching some crap TV show late at night.

I've been remarried now for 1 year, so maybe in another 19 years I might want a 2 year break. :o

been single all my life :D

had the odd relationships, but just felt my freedom was taken away :D

nothing beats the freedom to go when you want to go, and to do and spend how you feel fit :D

as for breakfasts, there are the ocassional gf's that stay over, my wonderful maid, and when i travel great buffets at top hotels around the world :D

so i stick to what i have been doing all my life, taking care of young energized fun loving 18+ female students :o

au revoir

Tried being single many,many times over the years but its just not in my nature.You're either a loner or you're not.

Been married for 15 years and very often take a trip somewhere around Thailand on the bike for about a week, with or without a GF. It's nice to have some of both worlds. :o

There are pros and cons to everything. I prefer to be in a relationship. It's always nice to have a companion, to have someone to talk to, to care for, to cuddle up to, to share experiences with, to make love to, etc. Being single is not a bad thing. It's just lonely.

There are pros and cons to everything. I prefer to be in a relationship. It's always nice to have a companion, to have someone to talk to, to care for, to cuddle up to, to share experiences with, to make love to, etc. Being single is not a bad thing. It's just lonely.

Exactly, anyway , I do enjoy my single life as I can do whatever, whenever I want. I can hardly feel the loneliness as I'm quite a loner, but I do have many good friends to hand out with.

I guess, I can find the happiness of being single, but would be happy to be in a relationship again. :o

It's just lonely.

Loneliness is the biggest problem for single people.

When you feel lonely , you are not the person who should stay single . I never feel lonely , loneliness is not the same like alone . When you feel lonely it is a sad , and not a happy feeling and when your alone , it just means or feels like 1 person .... different . Either you are a "loner" or you are not .

It's just lonely.

Loneliness is the biggest problem for single people.

When you feel lonely , you are not the person who should stay single . I never feel lonely , loneliness is not the same like alone . When you feel lonely it is a sad , and not a happy feeling and when your alone , it just means or feels like 1 person .... different . Either you are a "loner" or you are not .

see loneliness is only a problem for sad and unhappy people, they create it themselves :D

i have never ever felt lonely, because i am always busy doing something, whether is going out for dinner, doing business, reading books, hanging out with my friends, dating my girlfriends, going out on trips and the list goes on :D

and i'm off to the carribean as an invited guest to my friends bucks party, for man only, all flesh to be supplied, try to tell your missus that :D

but as i am alone and can go and do as i wish, no phone calls from missus, where are you, what time you come home, are youi kidding me :D

one thing's for sure....i never come alone :o

I was single most of my life, well travelled, and was always the first one to say 'marriage?...no way!' Anyway, I am now and do miss my singleton days to be honest, although it is good to have someone to come back home to and be looked after while nursing a nasty hangover :o. Having a break from each other for a few days when you start to feel the heat is quite important imo.

I was single most of my life, well travelled, and was always the first one to say 'marriage?...no way!' Anyway, I am now and do miss my singleton days to be honest, although it is good to have someone to come back home to and be looked after while nursing a nasty hangover :D. Having a break from each other for a few days when you start to feel the heat is quite important imo.

One good way to get a break is to have separate holidays sometimes for two weeks... but it's dangerous...

Our problem is... we want it ALL and we can't have it ALL. :D

yes you can........you just have to package it in a different way :D

its upto you to decide if you can have it all, in a relationship you're stuck, but it was your choice anyway :D

btw i don't have fly's sticking on my wall :o

I have been single for a few months now and am starting to enjoy my single life. Not that my previous relationship was a disaster, but I do find myself "being / living more for myself" now than when I was in a relationship. Perhaps you would say this is because I have just been single for "few months", etc.

Anyway, how about you? If you had the choice, which do you prefer? Being single or staying in a relationship?

Unfortunatly I think you are on the wrong forum here judging by the high percentage of westerners who are out solely out here to find a relationship, I believe you will recieve many mis-guided replies. I am sure we all have an aquaintance who lurches from one doomed relationship to the next solely because of insecurity or as a professional theurapist would tell you, looking for a father/mother figure due to inadequet up-bringing