Waterpark

Boater

Siam Park, a fantastic place.

Yearly membership is 490B, one single entry 200B.

Small wonder we don't go anywhere else for holiday, entire Thailand put together can not offer more joy for kids than this place.

Bad point: food available for purchase sucks, bring your own.

I wrote about Siam Water Park back in August 2007.

Concur 100 percent on the Food :D:D:D:o:D

I don't think much of Siam park, as mentioned the food is awful and the fun police are out in force to enforce silly little rules.

There is one on the roof of Bang Na mall which is quite good, not a big place but great for the kids.

Edited by Moonrakers

I don't think much of Siam park, as mentioned the food is awful and the fun police are out in force to enforce silly little rules.

What are the "silly little rules"?

One I know of, not silly, is - no swimming in underwear. No cotton shirts allowed in water. Otherwise, you would see people bathing in jeans and street clothes, like 1 day pickup tray travellers to Pattaya.

My current place is near Bang Na Central, also have a large fun pool in the complex. They are good for short fun or if the weather looks like it may rain, not worth sailing off for a day and have to return back soon.

One I know of, not silly, is - no swimming in underwear. No cotton shirts allowed in water. Otherwise, you would see people bathing in jeans and street clothes, like 1 day pickup tray travellers to Pattaya.

Having to wear those stupid swim hats for starters. Try convincing a 4 year old to keep the thing on when she doesn't want to.

Having to wear those stupid swim hats for starters. Try convincing a 4 year old to keep the thing on when she doesn't want to.

When was that?

My daughter goes there since 3 years old, never heard of any hat. If it is in Thai, my wife would have noticed.

There is one on the roof of Bang Na mall which is quite good, not a big place but great for the kids.

That is LeoLand on the roof of Central Bangna. It is a great place for kids.

On Siam Park is this the place they are talking about?

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000004825

That is LeoLand on the roof of Central Bangna. It is a great place for kids.

On Siam Park is this the place they are talking about?

http://www.pattayadailynews.com/shownews.p...NEWS=0000004825

yes, that is the well maintained, wonderful place he is talking about.

Can anybody tell me the best way to get to this Park.. I`m arriving early April and don`t want the kids to have to walk or travel too much in the heat. How much should it cost for a taxi to there say from... MBK

Also looking at taking them to Dreamworld as well. I know there are guides in Bangkok available but how much do you think it would cost to hire a taxi for the day?? or would a tut tut be more fun and less traffic hassle?? :o

I want the kids to have as much fun as possible... :D

Can anybody tell me the best way to get to this Park.. I`m arriving early April and don`t want the kids to have to walk or travel too much in the heat. How much should it cost for a taxi to there say from... MBK

Also looking at taking them to Dreamworld as well. I know there are guides in Bangkok available but how much do you think it would cost to hire a taxi for the day?? or would a tut tut be more fun and less traffic hassle?? :o

I want the kids to have as much fun as possible... :D

From MBK to Siam Park (it's a complex, the amusement park + separate water park) would be 250B or so, one way trip. It's in the outskirts of BKK, Minburi swamps. The Suvarnabhumi airport is a few km from there.

The Dreamworld is on the oposite side, also city's outskirts, towards the old Don Muang Airport. Wife took our kid there, quite far and taxi could be 350B, one way.

No need to hire a taxi for a day. Plenty available on return.

Edited by think_too_mut

There is a dreamworld in bangkok?? Where, please tell me.

I wonder what other places there are in Bangkok that I dont know of.

I only know Khoa san road, a few shopping centres and Thamasat Uni

google.com: "Dreamworld Bangkok"

returns:

DreamWorld Bangkok

and there is a map too:

dont forget safariworld . you can feed the giraffes.

Edited by t.s

There is a dreamworld in bangkok?? Where, please tell me.

I wonder what other places there are in Bangkok that I dont know of.

I only know Khoa san road, a few shopping centres and Thamasat Uni

google.com: "Dreamworld Bangkok"

returns:

DreamWorld Bangkok

and there is a map too:

dont forget safariworld . you can feed the giraffes.

It's a whole day event. Safari is one thing (about 2 hours).

sf5.jpg

You need a car. No car? Then:

sf7.jpg

The shows go as per schedule:

sf1.jpg

Dolphin show too:

sf3.jpg

Siam Park is the same place where some kids fell out of one of the water slides as a section of it came apart from the rest. Go there at your own risk.

The Amusement Park is part of Siam Park. And the facilities have been examined (the facility closed during that time) and updated. Open everyday since then, no reports of any accidents since.

The Water park is about one third of the whole complex, could operate independently.

Siam Park is the same place where some kids fell out of one of the water slides as a section of it came apart from the rest. Go there at your own risk.

The Amusement Park is part of Siam Park. And the facilities have been examined (the facility closed during that time) and updated. Open everyday since then, no reports of any accidents since.

The Water park is about one third of the whole complex, could operate independently.

The accident with the children came very soon after a fatal accident in the amusement park.

How a place like this could have 2 accidents in close succession is shocking.

The only facility i'd be willing to use there anymore is the swimming area.

The accident with the children came very soon after a fatal accident in the amusement park.

How a place like this could have 2 accidents in close succession is shocking.

The only facility i'd be willing to use there anymore is the swimming area.

It was shocking, to the Park's and management staff horror. To the owner too, he wanted to close it down and sell but remained put and invested more money into the facilities.

The venue was built in 1984.

Just yesterday, my wife and kid went there, said it has been upgraded again (the water park and deck chairs), said it looks newer than back in September 2008.

As for the swimming area - hardly any risks there. No moving parts, just warm and clean water to have fun in.

siam park - pls be really careful. i had exactly one ride there and would never ever dare to do that again. we had two _very_ close calls there...and yes, the food section is absolutely sub-standard.

btw, there is a water park on top of mall bangkapi as well.

Not being able to speak a lot of thai and not having a lot of time in Bangkok can someboy give me directions on the easiet way to get to this mall?? We hope to be staying close to MBK.

Thanks... :o

Get in a taxi and ask for central Bang Na

• 1 month later...

I'd like to get some feedback from the parents taking their kids to Bangkapi water park. Nearly everytime I take my little one there, she comes back with some sort of stomach flu, diarrhea,.. that sort of thing. I suspect the water there is pretty dirty. Anyone with similiar stories? thanks.

I'd like to get some feedback from the parents taking their kids to Bangkapi water park. Nearly everytime I take my little one there, she comes back with some sort of stomach flu, diarrhea,.. that sort of thing. I suspect the water there is pretty dirty. Anyone with similiar stories? thanks.

Probably 200 visits from May 2006 - September 2008...almost every weekend and shool off.

Never have had any problem.

Are you sure you took your kid to a water park, not to a khlong, to swim?

Probably 200 visits from May 2006 - September 2008...almost every weekend and shool off.

lets hear it for variety

• 5 weeks later...

I was sharing my experience and was looking for comments like the first two sentences. The last sentence I take offence to. Why the .... would i take my kid to a klong to swim?