Fake-rrari Is A Flash Copy

Boater

IT looks like a Ferrari, it’s painted bright red like a Ferrari, it has a sexy steering wheel like a Ferrari — but it ain’t a Ferrari.

The flash motor — based on the Italian firm’s classic 1960s Le Mans P4 racer — is actually a fake knocked up with counterfeit parts by chancers in Thailand.

If it was real, it would be worth 7million GBP.

The car, which has a Subaru engine, was seen at an anti-forgery summit in New York.

ferrarimain_757148a.jpg Fake ... the Ferrari

SNN1829BN-682_757320a.jpg Interior ... ’Ferrari’

SNN1829XN-682_757380a.jpg Real deal ... Ferrari P4

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article2324293.ece

Edited by Boater

I reckon its cool:) Many classic designs were dead and buried long ago. Who can afford an Aston martin these days? I love seeing classic designs with modern engines and running gear. If you remember the e-type jag on Top Gear with modern tyres and suspension (engine was unchanged), that thing could really fly around the track.

Nowt wrong with it.. Ferrari are never going to re-issue it. So hardly any skin of their nose. No different really to the dozens of kit car manufacturers around the World making GT40's, Cobras, Stratos's,Lotus 11's and a dozens of other classics.. Just makes it posible for Mr Average to own a replica of his dream car..

It belonget to a famous swiss guy in Pattaya 10 years ago. He owns a Go Cart Track in Pattaya and some Project in Cambo. He built a couple countatches as well, until he got troubles with the Thai autorities. After paying a large fine to the autorities he got all his toys back and sold everything.

It belonget to a famous swiss guy in Pattaya 10 years ago. He owns a Go Cart Track in Pattaya and some Project in Cambo. He built a couple countatches as well, until he got troubles with the Thai autorities. After paying a large fine to the autorities he got all his toys back and sold everything.

Yes i have rented and driven his Countach :o A white roofless one! I have to go and dig out those old photos

The type of person who buys these fake cars also wear fake Rolex watches.

If you cannot afford the real thing don't try to make yourself look rich with this crap. It just makes you look stupid and poor.

Buy the real thing or don't bother.

Aha!

Happy memories, methinks.

If he was the same guy who opened the one (remaining) tarmac go-kart track in Chiang Mai, he was/is a genuine & pleasant enthusiast. Liked him. Unlike his successor the flying Dutchman!

But back to the car. With an engine as described it's going to go like smoke for years without issuing any. No-one (certainly not Ferrari) will ever make 'em again, so why not?

If this was built by a REAL engineer, went and handled well and the cost was justifiable, I'd have one.

However, the Thai maker must handle the legal issues, not me! Remember! In the US, Harley Davidson actually tried (and failed) to get a patent on the SOUND made by their engines.

Now is that self serving crap, or wot?

If you cannot afford the real thing don't try to make yourself look rich with this crap. It just makes you look stupid and poor.

It's not quite the true. The "go cart guy" had 2 countaches and one miura in Switzerland, real ones. Now he have a Mercedes Benz V 12, real one.

Some of those classics will perform a dam_n sight better with modern running gear.. Or the dedicated rebuilders that make near exact simply unauthorized machines so they can be driven. I mean it would be a sin to write off an origional shelby cobra, but great fun to rip round a track on a fake snake.

I have long wanted a well made fake snake, the 427 cobra is possibly my favorite shaped car ever.