It Is Easy To Obtain A Non Imgr Visa From Nz?

Just wondering if anyone has obtained a Multi entry visa from New Zealand, or knows if you can get one easily?

Im a NZer, and going home next month to visit a few friends before coming back for Songkran, and whilst there, I thought it would be good idea to apply for a year visa.

What are the alternatives? Im 37 and live in Chiang Mai with my Thai GF and the visa runs to MaeSai are getting boreing every month. Ive been to Singapore for the 2 month visa and got the extention, but doing that every 3 months gets expensive!

I could handle going to MaeSai, only every 3 months, thats if I get my Multi visa.

Any info would be a great help.

cheers :o

Just wondering if anyone has obtained a Multi entry visa from New Zealand, or knows if you can get one easily?

Currently you can get a Non - Immigrant 3 or 6 month multi entry Visa from the embassy in Wellington or the Consulate in Auckland if you meet the criteria.

For category B , you'll need to supply a letter from Thai company, copy of Thai companys incorporation docs with company number and stamp, copy of contract etc....

For category O (spouse ), you'll need marriage certificate.

Not sure about the other Non-Imm categorys.

Then once in Thailand you can extend it. For "B" you can get your 1 year extensions with your work permit, for "O" I believe their are financial/income requirements to prove.

Worth noting :

With the forthcoming NZL-Thai CEP, to come into effect on July 1st.

Temporary entry for business people

========================

Business visitors will be eligable to apply for one-year multiple-entry non-immigrant business visas valid for visits of 90 days at a time. Business visitors with a non-immigrant business visa will be granted a temporary stay and work permit for up to 90 days.

As a NZ citizen, you should have local privileges that I, as an American, don't have. I go home to Houston and talk Spanish to the lady there. There are consulates and embassies (Pnom Penh, for example) that are lazy and only want the locals coming in.

Yeah, the 90 day runs from CMai to Mae Sai get boring after a while, unless you want to strain your back muscles and do the whole trip in 7.5 hours on a small sportbike. Next time I may rent a bigger bike for 300 baht and do it in 6.5 hours.....plus the doctor's bill.

As a NZ citizen, you should have local privileges ......

You dont get any special privileges at the consulate and embassy in NZL, other than being able to end all your sentences with "mate" and have people understand your accent :o

As long as you meet the criteria for the aformentioned visa categories, then the process in New Zealand is straightforward.

Edited by penelope