Thai Upper Case Characters

Jeddah Jo

Sorry if this has been covered before, I did google it and could not find anything (probably because I am not even sure what I am looking for).

However, there is a certain type of thai font used I guess on packaging, TV commercials, posters/bill boards etc which uses a heavily stylised bold Thai font. I am tempted to call them capitals or upper case Thai but I know there is only one Thai chracter set so that is probably an inaccurate label.

The bold fonts usually seem to follow the same rules but while my reading of regular Thai fonts is improving there are still a few characters I am missing in the stylised form.

Has anyone got a link to a website that shows these 'capital' letters and their regular equivalent. Also how are these fonts referred to in Thai?

Apologies if I haven't explained myself well.

TIA,

JJ.

It's just a font n character difference. For this issue, I have an appreciation for what it must be like for Thais and Asians to sort through all of our fonts used in various media, espec ones like NY n LA Times that use the old style fonts with all those extra lines n fills in them. Btw, it took awhile before I was comfortable reading most Thai fonts, clearly the more blocky 'standardized' ones are the easiest at first.