Is There A Rental Market In Pattaya?

dfc

Chopper, DonTron would you be interested in sharing your knowledge/experience over a couple of beers if & when the time comes? (Like I said it could be months/years yet) -

Buy me a beer and I'll listen 'till the cows come home. :D:o

Shouldn't you be buying them a beer to tap into their welath of experience? :D

No worries soundman I will buy the beer and throw in a slap up dinner at at Mantra or Bruno's as well...

dfc, let me know when you are coming over and I will book and send you a first class ticket and arrange transport for you to Pattaya. :D

Do you want to give out any ideas on how to obtain the long term clientle? if you don't, its okay too. I know now that my major problem is having to trust the agents in Thailand. So i am learning as many have before me, and thats okay.I imagine that once I move to pattaya i will be able to establish connections with expats that work there and that will help me to get long term rentals. I have three condos but im only renting two, one is for the wife and me (thai wife) that condo is fitted out very nice, and i will not rent it. I will be adding a kitchen to the second condo, the one that is more like a hotel. I appreciate your taking the time, Thanks David H

I certainly did not find it an overnight process in obtaining long term rentals not like in London for example where one year leases would be the norm.

Initially I looked at who else was renting in the same place as where my rentals are and thought what I could add that would give more value just to get in short term rentals such as three months or longer. I found by putting in a computer and printer loaded up with all of the software one might need together with music, skype etc that that alone seemed to put me ahead of the field when customers were comparing different units in the same condo. From there it was part luck and part trying to stay ahead of the game that I slowly managed to attract long stay customers.

As you seem to be indicating it helps more to make your rental more of a home than a hotel. Somewhere where someone can literally come in to and drop off there bags and head straight out on the town or whatever their agenda might be so to speak.

Do you want to give out any ideas on how to obtain the long term clientle? if you don't, its okay too. I know now that my major problem is having to trust the agents in Thailand. So i am learning as many have before me, and thats okay.I imagine that once I move to pattaya i will be able to establish connections with expats that work there and that will help me to get long term rentals. I have three condos but im only renting two, one is for the wife and me (thai wife) that condo is fitted out very nice, and i will not rent it. I will be adding a kitchen to the second condo, the one that is more like a hotel. I appreciate your taking the time, Thanks David H

I certainly did not find it an overnight process in obtaining long term rentals not like in London for example where one year leases would be the norm.

Initially I looked at who else was renting in the same place as where my rentals are and thought what I could add that would give more value just to get in short term rentals such as three months or longer. I found by putting in a computer and printer loaded up with all of the software one might need together with music, skype etc that that alone seemed to put me ahead of the field when customers were comparing different units in the same condo. From there it was part luck and part trying to stay ahead of the game that I slowly managed to attract long stay customers.

As you seem to be indicating it helps more to make your rental more of a home than a hotel. Somewhere where someone can literally come in to and drop off there bags and head straight out on the town or whatever their agenda might be so to speak.

Thanks, Chopper I guess that's the road I'll be taking. i appreciate you taking the time. David H.

dfc, let me know when you are coming over and I will book and send you a first class ticket and arrange transport for you to Pattaya. :o

Thanks for the offer Chopper. I'm over for Songkran but I've already made all the arrangements. Maybe next time. :D

Seriously though, thanks for all your input here, it's is very much appreciated & will be a great help.

If we ever meet, beers are on me (and everything else during Songkran no doubt) .