Uk Settlement

The gov website http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/embassies-and-posts/find-an-embassy-overseas/asia-and-oceania/embassy-bangkok says if you have an urgent enquiry phone the embassy main switchboard.

Well I've just had an email from my solicitor asking when I'll be back in the UK as he needs to discuss something quite urgently with me, so I tried phoning the Embassy to see if they would give some idea how much longer we have to wait, but after pressing buttons 1,2..........XYZ and listening to all the different ways we are able to contact them the message ended by saying they didn't accept telephone calls and to put any questions I have in writing AND to note that a reply could take 20 WORKING DAYS, or in reality one month. They don't say how long it takes for non urgent enquiries.

The VFS phone number just puts me through to the same press button 1,2,3, etc.

Does anybody know a number I can phone that will put me through to a human being please. It is rather urgent.

And while I was typing this my mate Delboy phoned me to say his wife and two stepdaughters passports are with the courier. And they applied on the 30/3, 6 days after us. I'm really pleased for him, but it's pi**ed me off even more.

Edited by sumrit

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You just need to phone the VFS & insist on getting a number of a British ECO. That's all my mat did but it took her about 30-40 minutes of being really politely annoying to the thai women she was speaking to.

You just need to phone the VFS & insist on getting a number of a British ECO. That's all my mat did but it took her about 30-40 minutes of being really politely annoying to the thai women she was speaking to.

Tried that, I couldn't find a way through the maze of push button 1,2,etc to actually get to talk to any body.

Well done to Dellboy on getting his visa !!

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks)

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days)

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days)

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days)

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks)

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days)

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks)

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days)

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days)

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day)

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks)

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days)

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days)

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days)

Friend Boo ILE 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks)

Chewy 18/3

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day)

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days)

Sumrit 24/3

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks)

Fluidfusion 27/3

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days)

George & Dragon 30/03

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day)

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica)

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case)

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Alanr 07/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

SETTLEMENT VISA HALL OF FAME

Shortest time for a visa to be granted (4 weeks 6 days)

Longest time for a visa to be granted (13 weeks 3 days)

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (2)

Record amount of Visa's granted in one week (5)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 27.27%, Friday 22.73%, Tuesday 22.73%, Wednesday 18.08% & Thursday 9.09%)

Visa's granted so far 22 out of 45 (46.67%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 22 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 23 out of 45 (53.33%)

PROCESSING TIME ! (Figures Based on a Average For The Month)

Feb's processing time ( 8 weeks 3 days )

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days )

Tried that, I couldn't find a way through the maze of push button 1,2,etc to actually get to talk to any body.

Sumrit, what happened to me yesterday was as follows. I rang the VFS number (2800 8050) and eventually spoke to a polite thai lady with good english. Took about 20 mins to get a person. After explaining my situation she gave me a telephone number to ring which was a bog standard message basically saying they don't take telephone calls.

Dead end, I did not leave a message, back to the VFS number and back to another polite thai lady with good english. I said that I needed to speak to an ECO/ECM in the Embassy. I explained the situation. She was adamant that I was not going to be transferred to the ECO/ECM. While I was on hold she tried to contact somebody within the Embassy, but the phone must have been engaged???? While I was on the phone she tried again and I was basically on hold for another I think 15mins. She had obviously spoken to somebody 'in the know' about my case as she said they would look into finding the faxes. I again asked to be put through but she said no point I had to give them time to look for the faxes.

I'd already sent an email on Sunday night. The lady confirmed that they had received it so they do read the emails. When I got to work yesterday I copied and scanned all the faxes and sent another email off to them which the pdf of the fax I sent at the beginning of the month.

An hour later ( hats off to them here from me) I had email back to me saying decision overturned and they had also phoned the Mrs ( don'y know if Embassy or VFS).

About six/seven weeks ago I thought about the boss Khun Quinten Qualyle at the Embassy. However, I've been informed elsewhere that he has nothing to do with the Visa section bar the fact that the share the same grounds in Bangkok.

Sumrit I agree 14 weeks is a long long time. I'd do phone via VFS, fax (Embassy) and email (visa enquiries) fella. Good luck chief.

Sumrit, what happened to me yesterday was as follows. I rang the VFS number (2800 8050) and eventually spoke to a polite thai lady with good english. Took about 20 mins to get a person. After explaining my situation she gave me a telephone number to ring which was a bog standard message basically saying they don't take telephone calls.

Dead end, I did not leave a message, back to the VFS number and back to another polite thai lady with good english. I said that I needed to speak to an ECO/ECM in the Embassy. I explained the situation. She was adamant that I was not going to be transferred to the ECO/ECM. While I was on hold she tried to contact somebody within the Embassy, but the phone must have been engaged???? While I was on the phone she tried again and I was basically on hold for another I think 15mins. She had obviously spoken to somebody 'in the know' about my case as she said they would look into finding the faxes. I again asked to be put through but she said no point I had to give them time to look for the faxes.

I'd already sent an email on Sunday night. The lady confirmed that they had received it so they do read the emails. When I got to work yesterday I copied and scanned all the faxes and sent another email off to them which the pdf of the fax I sent at the beginning of the month.

An hour later ( hats off to them here from me) I had email back to me saying decision overturned and they had also phoned the Mrs ( don'y know if Embassy or VFS).

About six/seven weeks ago I thought about the boss Khun Quinten Qualyle at the Embassy. However, I've been informed elsewhere that he has nothing to do with the Visa section bar the fact that the share the same grounds in Bangkok.

Sumrit I agree 14 weeks is a long long time. I'd do phone via VFS, fax (Embassy) and email (visa enquiries) fella. Good luck chief.

Sumrit, I wrote down the numbers but check again. On ringing the 2800 8050 number press 9 for English, 2 for Visa Enquires and then 0 to speak to operator.

I see the tracking is down again, could this be when they update the system - really don't know

I seem to remember reading somewhere that they update daily at 1.00pm, as I got in the habit of only checking at 8.00am BST (for some reason I was checkingpostitis immune).

Well just had a look and still nothing. Friday will be day 100 for us.

Chew, is it worth ringing the VFS just for piece of mind that an ECO is actually dealing with your case? I'm sure they can do this from their PCs at the VFS. You know, like reassurance that the case has not slipped down the back of the filing cabinets kind of stuff. I would not expect them to tell you when you expect to get a result but after nearly 100 days this feels like a legitimate request.

The gov website http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-the-fco/embassies-and-posts/find-an-embassy-overseas/asia-and-oceania/embassy-bangkok says if you have an urgent enquiry phone the embassy main switchboard.

Well I've just had an email from my solicitor asking when I'll be back in the UK as he needs to discuss something quite urgently with me, so I tried phoning the Embassy to see if they would give some idea how much longer we have to wait, but after pressing buttons 1,2..........XYZ and listening to all the different ways we are able to contact them the message ended by saying they didn't accept telephone calls and to put any questions I have in writing AND to note that a reply could take 20 WORKING DAYS, or in reality one month. They don't say how long it takes for non urgent enquiries.

Does anybody know a number I can phone that will put me through to a human being please. It is rather urgent.

And while I was typing this my mate Delboy phoned me to say his wife and two stepdaughters passports are with the courier. And they applied on the 30/3, 6 days after us. I'm really pleased for him, but it's pi**ed me off even more.

sumrit try this number 02 305 8333.

i have seen this number on this forum somewere i do beleve it is a direct number for the ecm/eco

i jotted this number down myself just in case we had problams.

i do beleve the ecm is a lady

try it maybe true dont no i just seen it somewere on here

good luck

jp

Chew, is it worth ringing the VFS just for piece of mind that an ECO is actually dealing with your case? I'm sure they can do this from their PCs at the VFS. You know, like reassurance that the case has not slipped down the back of the filing cabinets kind of stuff. I would not expect them to tell you when you expect to get a result but after nearly 100 days this feels like a legitimate request.

My wife has just been to the VFS office this morning and just got the same story about taking time sometimes up to 5 months. She is very polite and wont push for things to be done. Again today I sent two polite e-mails one to the above and one to the embassy to point out how long we have been waiting. And again I get the reply below from VFS and nothing from the embassy.

Dear Mr. * *********,

Thank you for your email of 23 June 2009.

Applicants are NOT advised to contact the Entry Clearance Officer by phone, as they may not possible to pick up every phone call from applicants. Any case specific enquiries should have sent directly to them either via email address at [email protected] or via fax number: +66 2 254 9579. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

02 June 2009: Delay in application process Please note that due to a surge in applications non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays

You get the idea :)

My wife has just been to the VFS office this morning and just got the same story about taking time sometimes up to 5 months. She is very polite and wont push for things to be done. Again today I sent two polite e-mails one to the above and one to the embassy to point out how long we have been waiting. And again I get the reply below from VFS and nothing from the embassy.

Dear Mr. * *********,

Applicants are NOT advised to contact the Entry Clearance Officer by phone, as they may not possible to pick up every phone call from applicants. Any case specific enquiries should have sent directly to them either via email address at [email protected] or via fax number: +66 2 254 9579. We apologize for any inconvenience caused.

02 June 2009: Delay in application process Please note that due to a surge in applications non-settlement applications are now taking between 4-6 weeks to process and settlement applications 12 weeks. Applications already submitted are being cleared on the basis of date due to travel. We are sorry for any inconvenience caused by these delays

chew mate this seems to be just another fob off.

in sumrits case it seem s to be quite urgent so a phone call direct cant be abad idea.

as the mrs would say UP TO YOU.

good luck

jp :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:P

Well it's time to move the list to the new page, I hope Chewy & Sumrit get there answers by the end of the week, it also looks like they should be starting Aprils applications before the end of the week or the beginning of next week !

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Friend Boo ILE 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3

Fluidfusion 27/3

George & Dragon 30/03

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Alanr 07/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (2)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (5)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 27.27%, Friday 22.73%, Tuesday 22.73%, Wednesday 18.08% & Thursday 9.09%)

Visa's granted so far 22 out of 45 (48.89%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 22 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 23 out of 45 (51.11%)

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days ) expect this to go up by a week or two !

Sumrit, I wrote down the numbers but check again. On ringing the 2800 8050 number press 9 for English, 2 for Visa Enquires and then 0 to speak to operator.

Cheers TickTock, I was trying that this afternoon but every time I got as far as pressing 0 it just went back to the opening message again. I'll try again in the morning, but I can already see a problem in that I won't be allowed to speak to an English person. It doesn't matter how good the Thai persons English is they won't understand the reasons why I need to know how much longer it will take. If they say another week I won't like it but I can wait here, but what I can't do is sit here not knowing how long, my solicitor needs to know when I'll be there.

Basically, so it's not a complete mystery, my mother died last year and after we came back to Thailand it seems my brother produced what now appears to be an illegal codicil to my mothers will giving him control of her estate and he's now busy trying to keep everything for himself. I've got some original paperwork here which I don't really want to post to my solicitor plus it's now got to the stage where the solicitor urgently wants me back in England so we can sit down, get everything together and decide the next move. So thats why I need to know how long.

And before somebody suggests I can go back on my own, I know I could, but we've lived here for nearly four years now and before we go we've got a house to rent out, furniture to shift, boxes of things to send to the UK and a car to sell. I don't want to leave it all to my wife, it's not fair on her and she doesn't want to be left here to do it all either. Unless it's absolutely necessary of course.

sumrit try this number 02 305 8333.

i have seen this number on this forum somewere i do beleve it is a direct number for the ecm/eco

i jotted this number down myself just in case we had problams.

i do beleve the ecm is a lady

try it maybe true dont no i just seen it somewere on here

good luck

jp

Cheers Chanthas, thats the main switchboard at the Embassy I was trying this afternoon, after the VFS number. Again I spent half an hour pressing various buttons, one of which was supposed to go to an operator but it just rang continiouslly with nobody answering it. I'll try again tomorrow if I get no joy with the VFS.

On another thread about non settlement visa processing times both ThaiVisaExpress and another poster said they are now taking about two weeks, or 8-10 working days, to process so it seems the Embassy ARE

giving them priority over settlement visas. Three weeks ago on the VFS home page they said for non settlement visas 6 weeks and settlement 12 weeks. After three weeks they've gone down to two weeks while

we've (in Chewy's and my case at least) they've gone up towards 14 weeks. :):D :D

Basically, so it's not a complete mystery, my mother died last year and after we came back to Thailand it seems my brother produced what now appears to be an illegal codicil to my mothers will giving him control of her estate and he's now busy trying to keep everything for himself. I've got some original paperwork here which I don't really want to post to my solicitor plus it's now got to the stage where the solicitor urgently wants me back in England so we can sit down, get everything together and decide the next move. So thats why I need to know how long.

And before somebody suggests I can go back on my own, I know I could, but we've lived here for nearly four years now and before we go we've got a house to rent out, furniture to shift, boxes of things to send to the UK and a car to sell. I don't want to leave it all to my wife, it's not fair on her and she doesn't want to be left here to do it all either. Unless it's absolutely necessary of course.

Sumrit if I was you I would go back to the UK and sort the stuff out with your Solicitor first and come back it should not take that long, plus it would take your mind off the visa issue, and then you can help your wife with the other bits, or you can wait to see if you get an answer from the Embassy but even if it's o.k you still will need a lot of time to sort out your bits in Thailand and you Solicitor will be waiting evening longer, the way I look at it, it will be one less problem for you in the UK when your wife gets here if you sort out the Solicitor now

Keep your chin up M8 I am sure you will get an answer by the end of the week

JT

I am pleased that Thai Visa Express is saying that non settlement visas are being processed in a couple of weeks, though a friend of mine is having a different experience, she has been waiting over four weeks for a short term tourist visa, that only took two days last year.

I know it's nothing like you guys are going through but it's still frustrating, there certainly doesn't seem to be any consistency.

Chewy 14 weeks is nothing short of disgracefull. Can the mrs not travel to the embassy to talk to someone therte is something definatley amiss with the time its taking :)

Agree 100% but if you take a look at May's figures on the VFS website they said 91% was cleared in 60 working days, so what about the other 9 % they could wait up to 90/120 working days to get an answer (4 - 6 months) now that's shocking :D and I hope none of you guys/girls end up like this :D

I have now added some members of Thai-UK to the list and updated the stat's !

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3

Fluidfusion 27/3

George & Dragon 30/03

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (3)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (7)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 24%, Friday 24%, Tuesday 20%, Wednesday 20% & Thursday 12%)

Visa's granted so far 25 out of 53 (47%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 25 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 28 out of 53 (53%)

March's processing time ( 11 weeks 2 days ) expect this to go up by a week or two !

Edited by JASON THAI

Dear Mr. * *********,

chew mate this seems to be just another fob off.

in sumrits case it seem s to be quite urgent so a phone call direct cant be abad idea.

as the mrs would say UP TO YOU.

good luck

jp

Now I am puzzled. Since March I have printed out the figures VFS publish on their website and for some reason I kept them all. I have attached them for everyone to look at. Either I am missing something fundamental or they seem to be doing less and less on all types of visa. Since March the visas they completed in the month have almost halved give or take. Sorry for any alarm bells, but see for yourselves. :D:D

March_2009.tif

April_2009.tif

May_2009.tif

Lee888

You are sort of right as I have printed copy's from February but if you look close at the figures for that month it says applications per month it does not say how many are processed each month you have to guess using the % figures.

Then in March they change to applications completed in period???? What period? One month or 120 days.

My wife told me when she put in her application in March there were 200 in front of her in the queue when she made a visit today she said the office was very quite. So is the surge in applications over and in a few months thing will speed up a bit. She did talk to one woman who had been waiting 5 weeks to get her holiday visa.

Edit typo

Edited by chewy22

My unmarried partner (just living together people z i wouldnt get it) got a phone call 8.00am bangkok time, passport ready with 2 year visa but need to send them money to have it posted to vientiane.

I WOULD LIKE TO THANK OUR BIG GANG FOR ALL THE SUPPORT THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO FELLOW MEMBERS, I could not have got threw it without knowing that many more people where in the same boat.

Watching this post 24 7 has been a great help to me and hope that it will help get other FELLOW MEMBERS threw what was a very stressful time.

One sad note i feel is for the ones before me that have not heard anything, sorry guys as i think this will add to your stess but hold on in there and good luck to you all.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL AND THANKS FOR THE COMPANY GUYS partytime2.gifpartytime2.gifpartytime2.gifintheclub.gif

Update the list :)

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case)

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days)

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days)

Chewy 18/3

Sumrit 24/3

Fluidfusion 27/3

George & Dragon 30/03

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/06 - (12 weeks)

JasonThai 02/4

Mrburb 03/4

Feasantplukka 03/4

Muaylaosfalang 03/4

Kate46 (son) 08/4

AndyJoy 08/4

Dolphy 21/4

Scotland 22/4

Lee888 28/4

CinnamonRoll 29/4

Gena 29/4

Castor83 29/4

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5

Alanr 07/5

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5

Spot 15/5

uaelaelil 20/5

Ade2007 29/5

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/6

Globaleyes 08/6

Record amount of visa's granted in one day (3)

Record amount of visa's granted in one week (7)

Best day's for visa's being granted (Monday 24%, Friday 24%, Tuesday 20%, Wednesday 20% & Thursday 12%)

Visa's granted so far 25 out of 53 (47%)

Visa's failed so far 0 out of 25 (0%)

Visa success rate (100%)

Visa's still waiting for an answer 28 out of 53 (53%)

YES YES YES PARTY TIME GOT PHONE CALL partytime2.gif

2 year visa confirmed

PARTY PARTY intheclub.gif

Hey, nice one! Any movement is good movement although I am starting to think that a small pile of applications has been left on the train or some where!!! Come on embassy, clear the March list@!

Best of luck to you and the missus borodave. :)