Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3 Granted 07/08 20 weeks and 3 days

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Domm44 27/3 Granted 22/7- (16 Weeks 5 days)WEDNESDAY

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Lerningcurve 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4 Granted 22/7 - (15 WEEKS) WEDNESDAY

AndyJoy 08/4 Granted 21/7 (14 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4 Granted 23/7 (15 weeks) THURSDAY

Dolphy 21/4 Granted 29/7 (14 weeks 1 day) WEDNESDAY

Scotland 22/4 Granted 24/07 (13weeks) FRIDAY

Jes5133 24/4 Granted 24/7 (13 Weeks) FRIDAY

Lee888 28/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week 1 Day) WEDNESDAY

CinnamonRoll 29/4 Granted 22/7 - (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Gena 29/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4 Refused

TDM 30/4 Granted 24/7 (12 Weeks 1 Day) FRIDAY

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5 Granted 23/7 (11 Weeks 4 Days) THURSDAY

Marky1600 05/05 Ganted 28/7 (12 Weeks) TUESDAY

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5 Granted 04/08 12 Weeks 6 Days TUESDAY

Alanr 07/5 Granted 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days) TUESDAY

Suprich 07/5 Granted 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days) TUESDAY

Buzby 11/5 Granted 27/7 (11 weeks) MONDAY

dean999 12/5 Interview 27/7 10 Weeks 6 Days/rejected 6/8 (12 weeks 2 days) THURSDAY

Dont panic 13/05 Granted 29/07 (11 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5 Granted 27/7 (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Spot 15/5 Granted 31/07 (11 weeks) FRIDAY

uaelaelil 20/5 Refused 14/8 12 Weeks 2 Days FRIDAY

Johnokk 25/5 Granted 04/8 (10 weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

moodysufc 26/5 Refused 19/8 12 Weeks 1 Day WEDNESDAY

Ade2007 29/5 Granted 04/8 9 Weeks 4 Days TUESDAY

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/06 Granted 10/8 (9 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Globaleyes 08/06 Granted 17/8 10 Weeks MONDAY

Bukseeda 09/06 Granted 02/9 12 Weeks 1 Day WEDNESDAY

Hawkinsschris 19/06 Granted 09-09-09 11 week 4 days TUESDAY

Thongkorn 23/06

Dowman73 30/6 Granted 10/09/09 10 weeks 2 day Thursday

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/07 VISA PROCESSED - Find out Monday :) 11 Weeks 2 days FRIDAY

simiUK 6/07

bobrussell 13/07

Jaggg88 14/07

Bananaman 30/07

AUGUST'S APPLICATIONS

learningcurve 13/08

idmilla 14/08

Enquirer 19/08

:)

Just got text message (13:30) - Ready for Collection, we're at home in Hua Hin but even here not enough time to get to Regent House by 16:30!

On a Friday that's just so cruel .....

Will update on Monday after a very loooong sleepless weekend

:D

That is really punishing to send the text on a Friday afternoon, I really feel for you both.

i am in the exact same situation, we applied the day after tjthai, checked vfs website today at 4pm thai time, and it is ready for collection, so a long weekend worrying about it ahead.

Now i am being asked why i did not check the website earlier in the day.

i am in the exact same situation, we applied the day after tjthai, checked vfs website today at 4pm thai time, and it is ready for collection, so a long weekend worrying about it ahead.

Good Luck to both you and tjthai I thought waiting 24 hours last week was hard but the result was worth it and I know it will be the same for you both, hang in there!!

Just got text message (13:30) - Ready for Collection, we're at home in Hua Hin but even here not enough time to get to Regent House by 16:30!

Good Luck to the both of you.

Good luck for Monday!!!

Good luck for Monday!!!

good luck to you guys am sure you will be fine... my missus has been called for an interview on 28 september so we're in a pretty distressed state today... looking through this thread looks like interviews are often the precursor of doom. if anyone on here has been through this successfully i would be grateful if we could have some pointers as to what they are likely to ask... they havnt contacted me for any further information as yet. im a bit peeved... for those not familar with my tale of woe my missus came to UK on a UK fiance visit visa in June 2008. i applied in December for FLR (M) which is ineligible...took 15 weeks for them to refuse and i subsequently appealed/attended tribunal hearing in may 2009. the judges determination letter which i enclosed in our settlement application (after we returned to bangkok late june 2009) has the following lines its summary (which i thought would make our case fairly straight forward for them)..."..it was accepted by Mr Hunt Jackson (UKBA), and I found, that the rules were confusing to a lay person and that there could be no criticism of the appellant and the sponsor for having misunderstood them"..."Mr Hunt Jackson stressed that there was no criticism of the appellants or the sponsors honesty and integrity, and they had not breached the immigration rules in any way and that there was no blemish on their immigration records. he noted also that there had been no reason given for refusal other than the technical legal one"..."I also found the appellant and the sponsor to be straightforward and honest witnesses who had acted in good faith throughout. The relationship was clearly a strong and subsisting one, and there was no evidence to suggest that the other requirements of paragraph 281 would not be met once the application was made in the proper form"

i cant see how if the ECO had read through this properly and we've got all the same info we had in for the FLRM app', where the qualifying criteria...subsisting relationship, accomodation, recourse to public funds etc is the same as for the settlement application they now feel it necessary to interview? on what grounds could they possibly be now considering refusing our application? any help/constructive advice and comments appreciated

on what grounds could they possibly be now considering refusing our application?
They are almost certainly not considering refusing; if they were then they would have done so without an interview.

Usually an applicant is only called for interview when the ECO is minded to grant the visa, but there is some point on which they require clarification. Sometimes this is done by means of a phone interview, more usually face to face (apart from the toughened glass screen!)

I've briefly read through your past posts and cannot see, from what you have said, what point(s) they may want further clarification on. All I can suggest is that you go through the documents you submitted and if you think you may have missed something that she takes it with her to the interview.

Tell her to be positive and upbeat; answer truthfully and completely and don't worry about 'losing face!' If the honest answer to a question is 'I don't know' then that is what she should say.

She will be asked if she wants the interview in English or through a Thai interpreter. Unless she is very confident about her English then I recommend that she asks for the interpreter to remain, in case there is something she doesn't understand.

on what grounds could they possibly be now considering refusing our application?
They are almost certainly not considering refusing; if they were then they would have done so without an interview.

Usually an applicant is only called for interview when the ECO is minded to grant the visa, but there is some point on which they require clarification. Sometimes this is done by means of a phone interview, more usually face to face (apart from the toughened glass screen!)

I've briefly read through your past posts and cannot see, from what you have said, what point(s) they may want further clarification on. All I can suggest is that you go through the documents you submitted and if you think you may have missed something that she takes it with her to the interview.

Tell her to be positive and upbeat; answer truthfully and completely and don't worry about 'losing face!' If the honest answer to a question is 'I don't know' then that is what she should say.

She will be asked if she wants the interview in English or through a Thai interpreter. Unless she is very confident about her English then I recommend that she asks for the interpreter to remain, in case there is something she doesn't understand.

thanks buddy thats helpful and a bit more reassuring

Good luck SimiUK + other half - hopefully for them to check on a small point.

We are waiting for settlement visas for wife and daughter. A question for anyone out there - is it worth my while flying out there if a formal interview is necessary? I know I would not be allowed to be present but I understand they will often interview a spouse seperately - as we have been together for years hopefully all my wife's answers would be broadly similar to mine (other than the normal differences between the male and female mind!!!)

I read somewhere that if there is a phone interview it often takes the format of brief questions such as what is your spouses address in the UK? What job does he do? In my case I am a vet and it has taken my wife years to pronounce it properly!!

Any advice on this would be appreciated.

Well done to those successful applicants - keep fighting those that have hit hurdles. It seems that eventually those with genuine relationships win through.

(which i thought would make our case fairly straight forward for them)..."..it was accepted by Mr Hunt Jackson (UKBA), and I found, that the rules were confusing to a lay person and that there could be no criticism of the appellant and the sponsor for having misunderstood them"..."Mr Hunt Jackson stressed that there was no criticism of the appellants or the sponsors honesty and integrity, and they had not breached the immigration rules in any way and that there was no blemish on their immigration records. he noted also that there had been no reason given for refusal other than the technical legal one"..."I also found the appellant and the sponsor to be straightforward and honest witnesses who had acted in good faith throughout. The relationship was clearly a strong and subsisting one, and there was no evidence to suggest that the other requirements of paragraph 281 would not be met once the application was made in the proper form"

i cant see how if the ECO had read through this properly and we've got all the same info we had in for the FLRM app', where the qualifying criteria...subsisting relationship, accomodation, recourse to public funds etc is the same as for the settlement application they now feel it necessary to interview? on what grounds could they possibly be now considering refusing our application? any help/constructive advice and comments appreciated

No doubt, you would have already stated in the VAF4 the language of choice, should there be an interview. Though,the anxiety generated by a request for an interview is understandable, I do not think you should assume anything too sinister;clearly there's something they wish to clarify,and perhaps,more cautious as this is a case which has already been to a UK tribunal. In fact,the tribunal's quoted findings clearly support the credibility of yourself & wife and also finds no fault on the "immigration record",so that should give you some additional comfort. I assume,there has not been any material changes in your circumstances since that judgment. However, I suggest that in preparation for interview you go through a copy of your VAF4 carefully,in particular, look for any clerical errors(eg. as to dates etc) ,omissions and/or discrepancies;if any,those may be raised in interview and your wife could go well equipped to address the same. Of course, questions aimed at establishing the relationship/marriage is a 'subsisting' one may well be put to her(despite the previous judgment), so it would be worthwhile refreshing her mind about personal details about yourselves. I wish you both good luck.

(which i thought would make our case fairly straight forward for them)..."..it was accepted by Mr Hunt Jackson (UKBA), and I found, that the rules were confusing to a lay person and that there could be no criticism of the appellant and the sponsor for having misunderstood them"..."Mr Hunt Jackson stressed that there was no criticism of the appellants or the sponsors honesty and integrity, and they had not breached the immigration rules in any way and that there was no blemish on their immigration records. he noted also that there had been no reason given for refusal other than the technical legal one"..."I also found the appellant and the sponsor to be straightforward and honest witnesses who had acted in good faith throughout. The relationship was clearly a strong and subsisting one, and there was no evidence to suggest that the other requirements of paragraph 281 would not be met once the application was made in the proper form"

No doubt, you would have already stated in the VAF4 the language of choice, should there be an interview. Though,the anxiety generated by a request for an interview is understandable, I do not think you should assume anything too sinister;clearly there's something they wish to clarify,and perhaps,more cautious as this is a case which has already been to a UK tribunal. In fact,the tribunal's quoted findings clearly support the credibility of yourself & wife and also finds no fault on the "immigration record",so that should give you some additional comfort. I assume,there has not been any material changes in your circumstances since that judgment. However, I suggest that in preparation for interview you go through a copy of your VAF4 carefully,in particular, look for any clerical errors(eg. as to dates etc) ,omissions and/or discrepancies;if any,those may be raised in interview and your wife could go well equipped to address the same. Of course, questions aimed at establishing the relationship/marriage is a 'subsisting' one may well be put to her(despite the previous judgment), so it would be worthwhile refreshing her mind about personal details about yourselves. I wish you both good luck.

many thanks for all this advice its very helpful... although the next week will doubtless be a living hel_l at least we have time to check through everything and send over some more relevant information to the ECO if necessary before the interview. in terms of the process the missus' was called by somebody from VFS who asked her to collect an appointment letter for the interview which she will do early next week... am i right in assuming this letter will confirm date and time of appointment and are these interviews always at the embassy on wireless road?? i assume it will also ask her to bring APET reciept and ID card and also ask if she requires an interpreter??? will she be allowed to take her digital camera into the interview room (she has hundreds of pics on it as a record of all the stuff we've done/family/friends parties etc...) which may be helpful...any advice on these fronts would be great...this forum rocks!

I don't know for sure - but I have been obsessively following this forum because my daughter-in-law made her application for spouse visa recently and I helped her with it - but an earlier post was about a stressed wife who was NOT allowed to show her digital camera photographs at the interview, and was very upset about it.

To be really confident, she should print them out and put them in an album that the ECO can flip through quickly. That is what my daughter-in-law has done.

I don't know for sure - but I have been obsessively following this forum because my daughter-in-law made her application for spouse visa recently and I helped her with it - but an earlier post was about a stressed wife who was NOT allowed to show her digital camera photographs at the interview, and was very upset about it.

To be really confident, she should print them out and put them in an album that the ECO can flip through quickly. That is what my daughter-in-law has done.

Yes you right you need to print photos off and put the in a simple album for evidence purpose.

Yes you right you need to print photos off and put the in a simple album for evidence purpose.

Agree, print off. Your wife will have to hand in any electrical equipment to security.

My wife was most worried about the amount of photos we provided, we only supplied 3 of us together, because every time i see a camera i run away, so we included a couple of her with my family at xmas time last year in Scotland, no idea if they helped at all, but we got it so it did no harm.

FEB'S APPLICATIONS

Rob01792 02/2 granted 30/3 - (8 weeks) MONDAY

Chris41 10/2 granted 16/3 - (4 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Kooyoonii 10/2 granted 04/5 - (11 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Pikwik 11/2 granted 27/4 - (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Xiengmieng 17/2 granted 24/3 - (5 weeks) TUESDAY

Lindty 18/2 granted 24/4 - (8 weeks 6 days) FRIDAY

Tahaan 18/2 granted 13/5 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Eddiebabyyeah 20/2 granted 01/4 - (5 weeks 5 days) WEDNESDAY

MARCH'S APPLICATIONS

Tlusername 04/3 granted 15/5 - (10weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Tricknicky 09/3 granted 23/4 - (6 weeks 3 days) (Special Case) THURSDAY

AnyaDharu 09/3 granted 19/5 - (10weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

Tango7 10/3 granted 12/5 - (9weeks) TUESDAY

Johnson83 11/3 granted 22/5 - (10 weeks 2 days) FRIDAY

Chanthas 12/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 4 days) MONDAY

Gypsymoth 13/3 granted 25/5 - (10 weeks 3 days) MONDAY

chrisspuresbkk1 13/3

Friend Boo 16/3 granted 18/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) THURSDAY

Dave W 16/3 granted 17/6 - (13 weeks 2 days) WEDNESDAY

Stonewall 62 17/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 3 days) FRIDAY

Kennkate 17/3 granted16/6 - (13 weeks) TUESDAY

Chewy 18/3 Granted 07/08 20 weeks and 3 days

PeterHThai 19/3 granted 19/6 - (13 weeks 1 day) FRIDAY

Pingit 19/3 Refused 19/6 - ( 13 weeks 1 day ) FRIDAY Decision overturned 15/07 WEDNESDAY

TheFiend 20/3 granted 18/6 - (12 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Jaja 20/3 granted 9/7 - (15 weeks 6 days) THURSDAY

Pudsey 23/3 granted 10/7 - (15 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Sumrit 24/3 Granted 26/6 - (13 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Merangue 25/3 Granted 03/6 - (10 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Domm44 27/3 Granted 22/7- (16 Weeks 5 days)WEDNESDAY

Fluidfusion 27/3 Refused 03/06 - (13 weeks) WEDNESDAY

TickTock 30/3 Granted 19/6 - (11 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

George & Dragon 30/03 Refused 26/06 (12 weeks 4 days) FRIDAY

Delboy 30/3 Granted 22/06 - (12 weeks 1 day) MONDAY

APRIL'S APPLICATIONS

Borodave 01/4 Granted 24/6 - (12 weeks) WEDNESDAY

JasonThai 02/4 Granted 25/6 - (12 weeks) THURSDAY

Mikeyp 03/4 granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Mrburb 03/4 Granted 26/6 - (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Feasantplukka 03/4 Granted 14/7 - (14 week 4 days) TUESDAY

Muaylaosfalang 03/4 Granted 26/6 (12 weeks) FRIDAY

Lerningcurve 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Bigsy94 07/04 Granted 30/6 (12 weeks) TUESDAY

Kate46 (son) 08/4 Granted 22/7 - (15 WEEKS) WEDNESDAY

AndyJoy 08/4 Granted 21/7 (14 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

Marcjaiyenyen 08/4 (Applied in Jamaica) granted 7/7 (12 weeks 6 days) TUESDAY

ExoticMatter 09/4 Granted 23/7 (15 weeks) THURSDAY

Dolphy 21/4 Granted 29/7 (14 weeks 1 day) WEDNESDAY

Scotland 22/4 Granted 24/07 (13weeks) FRIDAY

Jes5133 24/4 Granted 24/7 (13 Weeks) FRIDAY

Lee888 28/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week 1 Day) WEDNESDAY

CinnamonRoll 29/4 Granted 22/7 - (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Gena 29/4 Granted 22/7 (12 week) WEDNESDAY

Rolypies 29/4 Granted 10/6 - (6 weeks) (Special Case) WEDNESDAY

Castor83 29/4 Refused

TDM 30/4 Granted 24/7 (12 Weeks 1 Day) FRIDAY

MAY'S APPLICATIONS

Nelson111 04/5 Granted 23/7 (11 Weeks 4 Days) THURSDAY

Marky1600 05/05 Ganted 28/7 (12 Weeks) TUESDAY

Wayne Mcclymont 06/5 Granted 04/08 12 Weeks 6 Days TUESDAY

Alanr 07/5 Granted 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days) TUESDAY

Suprich 07/5 Granted 28/7 (11 Weeks 5 Days) TUESDAY

Buzby 11/5 Granted 27/7 (11 weeks) MONDAY

dean999 12/5 Interview 27/7 10 Weeks 6 Days/rejected 6/8 (12 weeks 2 days) THURSDAY

Dont panic 13/05 Granted 29/07 (11 weeks) WEDNESDAY

Zim 13/5

True blue 14/5 Granted 27/7 (10 weeks 5 days) MONDAY

Spot 15/5 Granted 31/07 (11 weeks) FRIDAY

uaelaelil 20/5 Refused 14/8 12 Weeks 2 Days FRIDAY

Johnokk 25/5 Granted 04/8 (10 weeks 1 day) TUESDAY

moodysufc 26/5 Refused 19/8 12 Weeks 1 Day WEDNESDAY

Ade2007 29/5 Granted 04/8 9 Weeks 4 Days TUESDAY

leefreight 29/05

JUNE'S APPLICATIONS

Ajsp9 02/06 Granted 10/8 (9 weeks 6 days) MONDAY

Globaleyes 08/06 Granted 17/8 10 Weeks MONDAY

Bukseeda 09/06 Granted 02/9 12 Weeks 1 Day WEDNESDAY

Hawkinsschris 19/06 Granted 09-09-09 11 week 4 days TUESDAY

Thongkorn 23/06

Dowman73 30/6 Granted 10/09/09 10 weeks 2 day Thursday

JULY'S APPLICATIONS

tjthai 2/07 VISA PROCESSED - Find out Monday :) 11 Weeks 2 days FRIDAY

simiUK 6/07

bobrussell 13/07

Jaggg88 14/07

Bananaman 30/07

AUGUST'S APPLICATIONS

learningcurve 13/08

idmilla 14/08

Enquirer 19/08

Any news tjthai?

My wife was most worried about the amount of photos we provided, we only supplied 3 of us together, because every time i see a camera i run away, so we included a couple of her with my family at xmas time last year in Scotland, no idea if they helped at all, but we got it so it did no harm.
Edited by potter09

Your example confirms that quality rather than quantity which matters. I am yet to come accross anyone whose application has been turned down solely due to absence of/inadequate photo evidence.Some may not have photo evidence at all and there could be a good reason for that;of course, photo evidence is not the only evidence to substantiate a relationship. However, it is quite clear that some go to considerable expense and trouble to include a large number of photographs. Of course, it is not unusual for ECOs/embassy staff to request a variety of further evidence before a decision is made; thus I would be very surprised if-photo evidence is the only 'missing piece' or so crucial to their decision making-that they would simply make an adverse decision without requesting such material. I think disproportionate and voluminous photo evidence is supplied by those who do not properly understand or misguided about the exact criteria used for settlement visas and/or those who simply embark on such approach to allay their personal fears.

Edited by potter09

Bad news I'm afraid :)

My Wife got visa granted but her 15 year old daughter didn't. They say didn't show Sole responsibility and no reason for her to go...........which is rubbish based on the info we provided stating that there is no one if Thailand to look after her if her Mother is in the UK. Appeal papers being faxed today and more papers and letters from family will be at the Embassy this week.

To say we are gutted would be an understatement, we wish to go to the UK for me to develop my business but we can't leave my step daughter here so basically stalemate :D

Will post more when finished getting docs together for Embassy

GOOD LUCK to those waiting