Inventions

fred2007

Ok guys I tried the search function but I get oooops the page is not avaiable.

What I like to know is " Has Thailand, or for that matter any body in Thailand ever invented anything(apart from the toillet roll on the table in the restaurant) What I am talking about about is ....

real things like anybody in the world use today. Like lawnmovers, water saving devieces, to many to name I guess. I am just curious to know.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Lawnmowers? Of course Thais' use Lawnmowers.

I was sick of hearing them at school, when teaching in the classroom, during lessons :o

Thailand is also the 'Home' of the drink: 'Red Bull'

Edited by TEFLMike

What I like to know is " Has Thailand, or for that matter any body in Thailand ever invented anything(apart from the toillet roll on the table in the restaurant) What I am talking about about is ....

real things like anybody in the world use today. Like lawnmovers, water saving devieces, to many to name I guess. I am just curious to know.

Hmm!

I can't think of a thing.

But let's be careful here, especially we Euros!

I went through some 40 years of life, thinking that the cuckoo clock was invented in Switzerland.

Then I found out that it was invented in the Black Forest of Germany.

So let's hear it........

From the Swiss.

THEN Thailand.......!!??

If you really want a challenge try to think of something invented in Africa during the last century...

and no 'genocide' doesn't count...

Seen as though I am up for the challenge, some African inventions include:

• Pebble Bed Modular Reactor
  • CAT Scan
  • Oil from Coal
  • Heart Transplant
  • Speed Gun
  • Kreepy Krauly
  • APS therapy
  • Pratley Putty
  • Dolosse

Almost all in use around the world today. But I'm having a hard time finding Thai inventions being used outside of Thailand.

If you really want a challenge try to think of something invented in Africa during the last century...

• CAT Scan
  • Oil from Coal
  • Heart Transplant
  • Speed Gun
  • Kreepy Krauly
  • APS therapy
  • Pratley Putty
  • Dolosse

Almost all in use around the world today. But I'm having a hard time finding Thai inventions being used outside of Thailand.

Just hightlighted three of your suggestions as your sources are wrong

Oil from coal process - yes was perfected by SASOL, but the original patent/process was developed in Germany and SASOL, South African goverment bought the patent

Pebble Bed reactors - believe again this was German....ESKOM bought the technology with a view to develop "cheaper" and small nuclear power stations....to this day the pilot plant has yet to operate..

CAT scanners....ie computerised axial topography...believe was a US invention (GE)

• CAT Scan
  • Oil from Coal
  • Heart Transplant
  • Speed Gun
  • Kreepy Krauly
  • APS therapy
  • Pratley Putty
  • Dolosse

mama noodles, red bull

butt gun

• CAT Scan
  • Oil from Coal
  • Heart Transplant
  • Speed Gun
  • Kreepy Krauly
  • APS therapy
  • Pratley Putty
  • Dolosse

Cheat ! :o They were invented in South Africa by the decendents of Europeans... Find me something invented by an indiginous African not the child of an immigrant...

Nigerian 419 frauds.

:o:D:D ... You got me ! always best to think out of the box..

• CAT Scan
  • Oil from Coal
  • Heart Transplant
  • Speed Gun
  • Kreepy Krauly
  • APS therapy
  • Pratley Putty
  • Dolosse

Cheat ! :o They were invented in South Africa by the decendents of Europeans... Find me something invented by an indiginous African not the child of an immigrant...

Thats rather a racist comment....if the person was born in South Africa or holds the passport, irrespective of their decent, they are Africans.... :D

OK, you got me, I came up blank on anything invented by ethnic Africans.

The worlds first university was established in Egypt, does that count?

Hmmmm.. technically North Africa.. And they haven't done much there since ..lol

Cheat ! :D They were invented in South Africa by the decendents of Europeans... Find me something invented by an indiginous African not the child of an immigrant...

Hmmmm.. technically North Africa.. And they haven't done much there since ..lol

:o:D ...nice to see you know your geography..but Egypt is on the African continent is it not...so Egyptians are....wait for it ...African...!!!!

Anyways it doesnt count as believe the question as talking about the last 100 years

wrong !!

its originally from japan.

I actually thought Red Bull originated somewhere else as well...but for some reason I had the Swiss in mind for some reason, not Japan....but if its Japan...Japan it is...

Thats rather a racist comment....if the person was born in South Africa or holds the passport, irrespective of their decent, they are Africans.... :D

Perhaps you should point that out to the likes of Idi Amin and Robert Mugabe :o

wrong !!

its originally from japan.

I actually thought Red Bull originated somewhere else as well...but for some reason I had the Swiss in mind for some reason, not Japan....but if its Japan...Japan it is...

Red Bull was inspired by an energy drink from Thailand called Krating Daeng. Red Bull is the literal translation of Krating Daeng in Thai. (Krating = Bull, Dang = Red) The logo of redbull is even the same as logo of Krating Daeng. Dietrich Mateschitz, an Austrian entrepreneur developed the Red Bull Energy Drink brand. ....from wikipedia