Double Entry Tourist Visa In Vientiane Free

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm also considering a the two three month tourist visa application. I'm currently in Chiang Mai on a study visa that is due to expire on the 5th of April. Could anyone please tell me the procedure involved when applying for the Visa at the Laos embassy in Vientiene??

I would like to know about the times in which you need to be there in order to apply for the visa and how long it takes to be processed hours/days??

Also, can you now take the train all the way from Udon Thani to the Border check point?

And last but not least...is it definitely free?

Cheers

Alex

I'm also considering a the two three month tourist visa application. I'm currently in Chiang Mai on a study visa that is due to expire on the 5th of April. Could anyone please tell me the procedure involved when applying for the Visa at the Laos embassy in Vientiene??

I would like to know about the times in which you need to be there in order to apply for the visa and how long it takes to be processed hours/days??

Also, can you now take the train all the way from Udon Thani to the Border check point?

And last but not least...is it definitely free?

Cheers

Alex

its best to get there early a.m. as there are usually hundreds of Nigerians there and i've heard there is a daily limit on no. of visas issued. then you pick up the next day after 1pm. my son was back in Thailand by about 2:30pm. so you really need 2 nights in Vientiene.

the train stop is close to the bridge and there's lots of buses and taxi's in the area.

and 100% free, like i said in the OP

Edited by stevehaigh

Can I also get double entry visa for free in Vietnam???? I went to Hanoi in Dec 2007 and could only get 60 day single entry and Saigon 3 months after that and again only a single and both cost money.

Only vientiane, Laos, is known to give double entries for free. Tourist visas are free from this month until june 4th, to promote tourism.

Can I also get double entry visa for free in Vietnam???? I went to Hanoi in Dec 2007 and could only get 60 day single entry and Saigon 3 months after that and again only a single and both cost money.

Only vientiane, Laos, is known to give double entries for free. Tourist visas are free from this month until june 4th, to promote tourism.

I'm doing a visa run next month to cambodia does anyone know if the single entry 60 day tourist visa is free or not I know there was talk about it last month but could some body conferm please.

my son just got a double entry tourist visa in Vientiane free

could u tell me the best way to go there.. from bangkok..??

plus during my visit to thailand.. im plannin either to visit cambodia or laos... which will be better??

pls suggest me...

A visa for Laos is not free.

At the counter where you apply for Lao visas, the guy asked for 1540 Baht. It is better to pay with US dollars, about $35.

Did I read recently that Laos Tourist Visa,s are to be free for the over 65 year olds ?

Just to be clear, do I need to apply in advance for my a visa to Laos or can I get one upon arrival at the checkpoint at the friendship bridge??

The reason I ask is because a few years ago when applying for a tourist visa to vist Laos I had to wait for a couple of days before receiving the Visa.

I will be arriving at the friendship checkpoint on the expiry date of my current thai visa, so I want to makesure that I can pass into Laos straight away.

Also, I take it that tourist Visa's to Laos are not free and that I have to pay?

Thanks for your help

Alex

Let me get it right...I checked in my passport again,and the last time I was in Vientien got only a single entry visa,valid for 60 days only.Have they changed their visa policy since then?What is the double entry means -is it 90 days for each entry (180 days all together?).Thanks.

No it is a two entry tourist visa - each entry is 60 days for most nationalities and can be extended for 30 days at Immigration for extra 1,900 baht. Both entries must be made by the expiration date of the visa (90 days from issue).

Let me get it right...I checked in my passport again,and the last time I was in Vientien got only a single entry visa,valid for 60 days only.Have they changed their visa policy since then?What is the double entry means -is it 90 days for each entry (180 days all together?).Thanks.

You probably got a single entry because that is all you asked for.

A double entry means 2 entries of 60 days each. Each entry can be extended at Immigration for a further 30 days. Giving a total of almost 6 months.