New Company - Do I Have To Pay In The Registered Capital?

The existing hotel sole-trader business of my Thai ex-wife is being converted into an Amity company. I will hold 49% of the shares (UK citizen). The new business partner (US citizen) will hold 50% of the shares and a third US citizen will hold 1%. (I think that meets the Amity registration requirements?)

My ex-wife will receive payment from the new 50% investor and take no further part in the new venture.

What is the situation re paid up registered capital? My understanding is that we first register the new Thai ltd company (with our 3 shareholders), and then apply for Amity registration.

Bearing in mind that this is an existing and profitable sole-trader business, does the registered capital have to be paid as cash? Or can we use the existing value of the sole-trader business to avoid paying the cash in? Or can we somehow use the payment made to the sole-trader to avoid having to pay in a new amount of cash?

Thanks

Simon

Ha! I just noticed that I started this thread with someone's elses nick! It's the computer at my hotel and Steveyorkshire' left himself signed in and I thought it was me that was signed in.

So, this thread should have been started by simon43, not steveyorkshire - but the question is still valid :o

Simon