Bug Munching Avocado Leaves- Id Please

Photos are of a bug type of which has been going after avocado leaves in earnest for the past two days (have also seen on young mangoes). Also some sort of excrement that has shown up at the same time. These bugs like to hold their position but can be made to fly away. Any thoughts on natural, or unnatural repellants will be most appreciated.

post-51305-1237650220_thumb.jpg

post-51305-1237650238_thumb.jpg

Photos are of a bug type of which has been going after avocado leaves in earnest for the past two days (have also seen on young mangoes). Also some sort of excrement that has shown up at the same time. These bugs like to hold their position but can be made to fly away. Any thoughts on natural, or unnatural repellants will be most appreciated.

In Thai it's called ช้างงอบ( chang ghoub)

A common pest, if left uncontrolled it will eat all new growth.

Unfortunately I don’t know of any organic remedy, go to your fertilizer supplier and ask the for something using the name I gave you.

Good Luck

Well it's a weevil, looks to be of the Curculionidae family, similar to (but not quite right) Lixus angustatus - the snout beeetle, which may be where the chang of SD2's Thai name comes from.

From the pic. I can't honestly tell if the 'snout' is a true proboscis or just the furthest foreleg positioned behind the head. I've only found one exact match and that's unidentified.

Thank you- will get on to it. Also looking for wood vinegar to start using on the trees for general strengthening.

In Thai it's called ช้างงอบ( chang ghoub)

A common pest, if left uncontrolled it will eat all new growth.

Unfortunately I don't know of any organic remedy, go to your fertilizer supplier and ask the for something using the name I gave you.

Good Luck