Thai Karaoke Machine

shadiadi

80% of what? I know you mentioned 'song', however, it is not very clear what you are implying.

Does Thailand have a PRS (Performing Rights)? If so, , then similar to the UK, there will be a yearly fee to pay to the PRS for playing music in a public place. However, in the UK, that fee is paid for by the premises and not the public.

Edited by TEFLMike

whai mean is that when a customer puts 10 baht in the machine company keeps 8 baht and my girlfriend and her friend get 2 baht i just think the owner of the premises who arranges for the machine to be there is ripping them off seems a bit high

I know one bar owner who only gets 3 bhat per play I don't think you would get more than that, also from my experience the machines are owned by local police men or local mafia so there's very little the bar owner can do. The owner I know ended up getting rid of it because it was a real money loser as locals would sing all night nursing one beer between them.

I know one bar owner who only gets 3 bhat per play I don't think you would get more than that, also from my experience the machines are owned by local police men or local mafia so there's very little the bar owner can do. The owner I know ended up getting rid of it because it was a real money loser as locals would sing all night nursing one beer between them.

That about sums it up nicely!