Tourist Visa To "uk" For Mother In Law

I am looking at obtaining a tourist visa for my mother in Law. Me and my wife have a 11 month old child and my wife has been in the UK since May 08 on a settlement visa.

What I would like to know is what will I have to provide for her to obtain a tourist visa for her to come to the UK for a holiday and visit us, as she is missing her daughter and Grandson.

Many Thanks

cfrmatt

You will need to show that:-

The cost of her travel can be met from her own resources, those of a sponsor (you) or both.

She will be adequately supported and accommodated for the duration of her visit; funded as above.

She is a genuine visitor who will leave the UK when, or before, her visa expires.

So you should provide:-

Evidence of the funds available for her travel etc. in the form of pay slips, bank statements etc.

Details of where she will be staying (presumably with you) showing that she will have a room of her own or if she does have to share it will be with another female.If you own your home then it is a good idea to provide evidence of this; mortgage statement for example. If you rent then a letter from your landlord granting her permission to stay with you.

Details of her life in Thailand, where she lives, who with, does she work and if so evidence of this (employer's letter granting her leave is best) and if she doesn't, who supports her.

Brief sponsor's letter from you outlining any points you wish to make in favour of the application, clarifying any answers on the application form where necessary and saying why she wishes to visit at this time.

Many people have successfully obtained UK visit visas for their parent(s)-in-law and other family members. Just prepare properly.

The following may help; VAT2 Visitors: Visiting family; friends; as a tourist

For how and where to apply, cost etc. see the visa application centre.