Talking About You

G54

What do you think your wife / husband or b/f / g/f say about you to their friends and family? Do you think they speak highly of you or as some idiot foreigner?

Of late I have had a few (LOL) bad things said about me after ditching the now ex g/f. Before that it was good and bad but the main topic was that 'Why can he not understand?'. Yet I understood perfectly well and played the idiot card. Is why she is my ex :o

oops! cannot edit the topic to correct spelling mistake!

Edited by G54

What do you think your wife / husband or b/f / g/f say about you to their friends and family? Do you think they speak highly of you or as some idiot foreigner?

Of late I have had a few (LOL) bad things said about me after ditching the now ex g/f. Before that it was good and bad but the main topic was that 'Why can he not understand?'. Yet I understood perfectly well and played the idiot card. Is why she is my ex :o

When a Thai says a farang is an idiot, he means naive.

If a Thai asks another Thai for 100,000 baht for a sick buffalo he won't get it. He won't get a "no" either. He may get a may-be, or i will go to the bank tomorrow. But he won't give the money. That way he shows he is not naive but does not lose face by not being nam jai.

Mine speaks very highly of me. To the point where she omits anything that my be viewed as negative. According to her it's a loss of face for the family to talk about any 'issues' with friends or even other family members. As she says - "it's none of their business". She's a keeper :o

My gf never speaks bad of me and never yak yaks about how much money we have or furure investments.She gets well fed up when my mates gf/wives continue to yak about their worth,how much they have,how much hubby gives them as an allowance,are these ladies maids or what.

Now thats a bloody first aint it.

:o

Why should I care?

Anyhow i thought that Kwai was a Thai word meaning "respected foriegner", isn't that right?

Saying I heard long ago:

Never apologize. Your friends don't need it, and your enimies won't believe it anyhow.

Now who was that English group that did that song "Paranoia"?

Something like "Paranoia, will destroy ya", wasn't it?

:D

Edited by IMA_FARANG

Paranoid - If you think your misses and mates are talking about you when you are there, you need to get a grip on reality mate.

Why would they discuss how handsome you are, how much money you have, how kind you are, how big a penis you have blah blah blah

when they can discuss - food / where to go / each other much more interesting than some idiot foreigner!

IMO = I get the feeling you don't understand enough Thai and confuse words that you think you know with words that you are hearing.

Before that it was good and bad but the main topic was that 'Why can he not understand?'. Yet I understood perfectly well and played the idiot card. Is why she is my ex

Can you tell us what she said that she thought you did not understand but you really did understand but that you were being a smart idiot by pretending to not understand?

Im perfect how could she say anything bad about me. Now without kidding if she has a problem with me she takes it up with me. I think she is not that much different from farang girls i dated. I really doubt that i am discussed much most of her friends know and accept me. There might be the occasional discussion about why i don't want something (baby) but other then that im a dull topic.

I wonder why any serious gf / wife would gossip about you behind your back. It would only reflect bad on her.

IME The isaan ex service girls is a often a constant gossip with nothing but negative comments to say about their other half. We call it keeping up with the Lek's - whose got the most stupid buffalo that has bought them the biggest house and the newest car (that they can't drive, but the brother can drive).? They are very afraid of Farang who can speak Thai so they often switch to Khymer or Laos when the few farang thai speakers are within earshot. We are a threat to them as we know too much.

I'm talking about ex pattaya bar girls here, not your average Thai lady who works as a team with her husband.

So yeah, sorry the ex service girl is probably speaking bad about you behind your back unless you keep going to that gold shop.

Sometimes being paranoid is just having all the facts. - WSB.

Dont know about ex service girls as you call them,i only here them yak yak when i sit in a bar.All my mates gf/wives are middle class pompous mouthy layabouts who spend all day counting how much wealth they have when hubby croaks it.

Worthless,the lot of them,and we dont frequent their company if their leeches are about

Of late I have had a few (LOL) bad things said about me after ditching the now ex g/f. Before that it was good and bad but the main topic was that 'Why can he not understand?'. Yet I understood perfectly well and played the idiot card. Is why she is my ex :D

I'm sure mine tells her friends "not easy married to farang" :o:D :D

Paranoid - If you think your misses and mates are talking about you when you are there, you need to get a grip on reality mate.

Why would they discuss how handsome you are, how much money you have, how kind you are, how big a penis you have blah blah blah

when they can discuss - food / where to go / each other much more interesting than some idiot foreigner!

IMO = I get the feeling you don't understand enough Thai and confuse words that you think you know with words that you are hearing.

Before that it was good and bad but the main topic was that 'Why can he not understand?'. Yet I understood perfectly well and played the idiot card. Is why she is my ex

Can you tell us what she said that she thought you did not understand but you really did understand but that you were being a smart idiot by pretending to not understand?

That is a mind twister for my slow-today brain :o

She was talking about why I could not understand she is Thai and Thai do things differently especially when it came down to her wanting money - another topic - so I played the idiot for a while with my responses about the money and sin-sot and marriage, really a combination of all 3.

I understand perfectly the Thai idea of a mother selling off her daughter ( oops! I mean allowing her daughter to marry for 250k Baht a time) as many times as she can and raising lots of money by doing so :D

She was talking about why I could not understand she is Thai and Thai do things differently especially when it came down to her wanting money - another topic - so I played the idiot for a while with my responses about the money and sin-sot and marriage, really a combination of all 3.

I understand perfectly the Thai idea of a mother selling off her daughter ( oops! I mean allowing her daughter to marry for 250k Baht a time) as many times as she can and raising lots of money by doing so :D

I care not what people think of me as I have a todger like a cricket bat and a well paid job. What more does one need in Thailand?

your todger is flat on one side? must be very fulfilling.

metaphorically speaking