Exporting Flowers And Meat Out Of Thailand

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have friends in Chennai, India who wish to import flowers and meat, specifically beef steak from Thailand (i'm aware of the restrictions on importing beef into India, they have a way around this). I said i would help this end best i could.

First up i need to make contact with suppliers here in Bangkok.

Does anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance.

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I have friends in Chennai, India who wish to import flowers and meat, specifically beef steak from Thailand (i'm aware of the restrictions on importing beef into India, they have a way around this). I said i would help this end best i could.

First up i need to make contact with suppliers here in Bangkok.

Does anyone know of any?

Thanks in advance.

Robert, curious you are wanting to export meet to a primarly Hindu country where cow's are sacred? Has India turned over a new leaf - pretty tough to smuggle cows up one's behind one would think. anyways...

Chok Chai farm perhaps?

Bkkjames, beef is eaten in India, it's not forbidden importing it is however.

The people concerned have contacts at customs so getting through relatively small amounts shouldn't be a problem.

Any contacts for Chok Chai farms?

Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

Here's how the deal could go:

1) import small quantities, all three parties (importer, exporter and customs) are happy.

2) continue for a few times.

3) increase to a substantial amount, shipment is blocked at customs, spoils and is unusable.

4) payment is withheld as the shipment does not clear customs and reach the importer.

5) actually the shipment *did* clear customs, but the contact gave the customs official a kickback.

6) exporter looses out, importer and customs "friend" profit.

./my 2p

Here's how the deal could go:

1) import small quantities, all three parties (importer, exporter and customs) are happy.

2) continue for a few times.

3) increase to a substantial amount, shipment is blocked at customs, spoils and is unusable.

4) payment is withheld as the shipment does not clear customs and reach the importer.

5) actually the shipment *did* clear customs, but the contact gave the customs official a kickback.

6) exporter looses out, importer and customs "friend" profit.

./my 2p

Thanks for the lesson phazey. :o