I Can't Rply To Some Topics

think_too_mut

I have been trying over last 2 weeks to reply to some topics in General discussion and just now, in "Jobs, economy..".

It lets me start reply but after writing my post it just sits there, the board never takes it.

Is that a known thing or I might have been silently banned without any notice? I can't see "you can not reply".

It is a problem, it should not let me spend time writing my response and then nothing.

think_too_mut, there are no restrictions on your account, so its not that. I have to wonder if it could be a slow connection that is timing out?

What browser are you using? IE times out more easily than FF.

think_too_mut, there are no restrictions on your account, so its not that. I have to wonder if it could be a slow connection that is timing out?

What browser are you using? IE times out more easily than FF.

I am using IE, the connection is 100Mbps.

Does not look like the connection timing out - unless the receiving end (the board) is on a slow connection and can not absorb what is coming in (not only from me, could be dozens of board members posting at the same time).

Thanks for the clarification, then it is not a board admin thing, could be something either with the (Board's) database or external to the board.

Unless others are experiencing the same, no further action.

Thanks,

TTM

In instances like this, the standard recommendation is to clear your cache and your cookies. Exit the browser and start again. But as sbk said, no restrictions on your account.

It looks OK now.

Deleted cookies but it did not fix it.

Then, installed Win XP SP3 and IE 7.

McAfee Total Protection was already there.

It was also happening from work PC, that worried me, the PC is tip-top.

...It lets me start reply but after writing my post it just sits there, the board never takes it.

Is that a known thing...

I haven’t seen anybody else report this problem but it happens to me occasionally, again once today, posting from Switzerland. I clicked on “Post Reply” and Firefox seemed locked up. When I clicked on another browser tab, it did not open. So I walked away and when I came back a few minutes later the reply had been posted. At times in the past it took 10 or 15 minutes for the post to go through.

On the whole this happens rarely to me, perhaps two or three times a week. My thinking is that the ThaiVisa server may be doing some updating or synchronising that very moment but I am probably wrong. One time when this happened I quickly did a “tracert” and it reported the usual connect time lag.

--

Maestro

Been having this problem for about 2 weeks now.

Thaivisa pages take forever to load when other websites are loading quickly.

I reply to some topics and it seems like nothing is happening, but it is - just very slow.

I think this is why some people are duplicating posts, because nothing seems to be happening and they resend.

...I think this is why some people are duplicating posts, because nothing seems to be happening and they resend.

Now that you mention it I remember some people posting about it. In your case, is it only temporarily, for a short time, that ThaiVisa responds slowly? In my case this slow response lasts only for 5-10 minutes, then it’s back to normal.

--

Maestro

...I think this is why some people are duplicating posts, because nothing seems to be happening and they resend.

Now that you mention it I remember some people posting about it. In your case, is it only temporarily, for a short time, that ThaiVisa responds slowly? In my case this slow response lasts only for 5-10 minutes, then it's back to normal.

--

Maestro

Yes, it's temporary, at the moment everything is fine, but there are periods of 10 minutes to an hour that it's nearly impossible to load from ThaiVisa.

My Ipstar connection doesn't help, but when I can't access Thaivisa, I'm still able to access Hotmail, Yahoo and Uk websites.

Maybe TV just gets too popular at times.

When this is happening, I've normally got multi tabs open. It seems to help to load 1 page or tab at a time and once loaded, press Esc. When things are going slow, animated avatars make it a lot slower.