Second Hand Motorbike

Jonson83

I'm thinking about purchasing a second hand motorbike, just a standard Yamaha or Honda, manual or automatic. Does anyone know any good places to purchase a bike from around Chiang Mai? And does anyone know any rough prices?

I really don't know much about motorbikes so any recommendations on make and model would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Edited by Jonson83

A wave or a click are easy and dependable. There is a big Honda Shop near McCormick Hospital that sells quite a few secind hand bikes usually in very good condition and maybe still under warranty. They service the bikes well and at least you have a place to go back to if the bike has a problem. They run between 25 and 35 thousand.

I'm thinking about purchasing a second hand motorbike, just a standard Yamaha or Honda, manual or automatic. Does anyone know any good places to purchase a bike from around Chiang Mai? And does anyone know any rough prices?

I really don't know much about motorbikes so any recommendations on make and model would be appreciated!

Thank you!

Bought mine at a Sunday market - its very well known but regret I cant remember the name! make sure you get the 'green book' and double check the number against the plate under the seat on the bike... choc dee

in my honest opinion, why bother with second hand

if you sell a bike to one of these places you will get a shock when you see it on the forecourt the next day with 8000baht added. so if you buy secondhand you are paying 8000 more than someone was prepared to sell it for. I made this mistake and bought a 2nd hand bike for 27000 (18 months old) when i could have bought a new one for another 8000

Thank you!

Take someone that does know about bikes & knows about Thailand....might save you some grief. If you don't know anyone PM Peaceblondie or one of the other bike riders up your way....I am sure they can guide you.

I got a 3 year old Honda Wave off a Thai man for 15k. Less than half the new price, the acceptable price. Over 20k for a 3 year old bike and you're being had. Mine runs brilliantly after changing the chain, air filter, fuel filter and brakes, at a cost of less than 1k.

Mention to a few Thai acquaintances that you're looking to buy, within a week, you should have a few people looking to sell getting in touch. People are short of cash now, its a buyer's market. Otherwise the Sunday vehicle market (early morning) on Hang Dong Road or, apparently, somewhere near JJ market during the day at the weekend.

Get the green book, register it near Holiday in (from Holiday in, away from bridge, straight across when you get to the lights at the T-Junction. Sort the tax and insurance as well. Half an hour, collect the documents the next day.