Import & Export

hello guys

we are a new import & export business,we got a message from africa for a big order of organic compound.

we have send them all the documents like invoice etc.,but now they ask us to visit their country (africa) to sigh a registration form and the cost are for us (8.350 USD administration costs) but they can not garantee that we will get this contract because their office gonna choose "who will win the contract"????,because there are more foreigh suppliers and they will choose one by end of the month.

so if we don't get the contract we will simply loose a lot of money + costs for the flight etc ?

can someone tell me if this is the normal procedure because it all looks very strange to me and very illogical.

thanks in advance

luc

hello guys

we are a new import & export business,we got a message from africa for a big order of organic compound.

we have send them all the documents like invoice etc.,but now they ask us to visit their country (africa) to sigh a registration form and the cost are for us (8.350 USD administration costs) but they can not garantee that we will get this contract because their office gonna choose "who will win the contract"????,because there are more foreigh suppliers and they will choose one by end of the month.

so if we don't get the contract we will simply loose a lot of money + costs for the flight etc ?

can someone tell me if this is the normal procedure because it all looks very strange to me and very illogical.

thanks in advance

luc

Sounds like a scam to me....let me guess the admin fee has to be transferred before arrival etc ?

For bigger contracts paying for tender documents, ie an admin fee is possible....but the fact this is Africa you are talking about...pretty sure this is just a variation on the Nigerian scams....ie you will pay your fee turn up in country somewhere (where is it by the way ?) and that will be the last you will see of your cash

hello guys

thanks in advance

luc

Africans, and in particular Nigerians, are up to every scam in the books and this looks so typically like one to me --- especially at this time when they know that many are desperate to get whatever few export contracts there may be.

my Brother runs a company exporting around the world and often has to fly to the customer at his own expense,but never ,never has to pay any fees in advance. also if his company does not get the contract ,often the client reimburses his company.