How Much Of A Discount Should I Expect?

If a hotel is charging 800 baht a night, how much should I expect them to discount it if I stay for 3+ months? I think I should expect at least 40% off everything(including utilities), but I could be wrong. How much should I expect them to discount if I am willing to stay long term?

If a hotel is charging 800 baht a night, how much should I expect them to discount it if I stay for 3+ months? I think I should expect at least 40% off everything(including utilities), but I could be wrong. How much should I expect them to discount if I am willing to stay long term?

I know of one high end long term stay. Hilton Tokyo. Rack rate is 370US$. Corporate rate is 180$.

One of my colleagues stayed there not 3 months but 3 years. His rate was 135US$ per day. Which is about 30% off the already rock bottom low rate.

They gave him the biggest room (not a suite) they had, 40sqm.

even at hotels there are not daily, but weekly and monthly charges (those are usually not published but quoted to the guest on request and depend on the season, bookings etc).

if your hotel is full they would give you only a small, symbolic 5-10% discount - mind that with 800 baht/night they don't have that profit margin like Hilton charging $370/night. If they are empty you might negiotiate a good deal if you pay upfront month or for the whole stay.

if you are staying that long you will get a better value renting an appartment or even a house, which will give you more privacy and comfort