Flying With Cat Within Thailand

I am very familiar with the procedure for bringing my cat in and out of the country. But for the first time I will be flying with her on a domestic route, thai airways bkk-Samui.

Does anyone know the procedure? I assume no export license but do I still need a health certificate from Animal Quarantine?

Hi Sheryl, I am pretty sure we had a thread on this before, but you might want to give Thai a call and ask them their requirements.

And if I am here and its not full moon, give me a call. :o

I am very familiar with the procedure for bringing my cat in and out of the country. But for the first time I will be flying with her on a domestic route, thai airways bkk-Samui.

Does anyone know the procedure? I assume no export license but do I still need a health certificate from Animal Quarantine?

We brought our cat to Samui from BKK on Bangkok Air week before last, no documentation needed at all. All they insisted upon was the fact the weight of the cat was classed as excess irrespective of baggage but the costs were minimal (about 450baht).

Thanks, that's a relief as I will just get back from cambodia a few days before I go and it would be a real hassle to have to go to Animal Quarantine (I'm beginning to feel like I live there, I'm there so often...!)

But will call Thai to confirm once I'm back in country

I flyed with Thai Airways. They don't require any docs when you check-in, but you need to book a cat ticket when you buy your own. This is when they want to see a cat's passport.

:o passport???

Do you mean health card/vaccination record?

Its an e-ticket, booked online. I will call them and make booking for the cat as soon as I arrive in Thailand. From the counds of it either I show just the vaccination record at check-in or nothing and in any case no trip to Animal Q thanks goodness...!

Domestically there is not a problem. Just make sure the size of the cage is not more than 30x30x50cm or weight more than 10kgs. If you want the pet in cabin make sure you make the reservations at the THAI call center and tell them you want to reserve a cat in cabin. Give them cage measurements and weight. Other wise it will be stuck in the cargo hold. I think only 1 or 2 animals are allowed in the cabin on any one flight. Yes you will have to pay excess baggage. You will have to pay 2 pcs per cat. 1pc is the cat, 1 pc is the cage. I don't know why but that's how much they charged me.

We've flown domestically with our cat on Thai Airways with no problem.You dont need any docs.

You are allowed 1 cat in a smallish carrier in the cabin....it has to be able to fit under your seat so it has to be flexible.If you put the cat in a large unweildy carrier they might say it has to go in the cargo hold.

At Dom Mueang we went to the check in with our luggage plus the cat in a carrier.Whilst they booked us in we were asked to take the cat to the ticketing office near the entrance.The cat,with carrier,is weighed and you are charged accordingly as excess hand luggage.......I think it cant weigh more than 7kg but not sure.

You then go back to check in and your tickets are waiting for you and off you go.

Thanks to all, we're n ow all set. reserved it with TG.

She's looking foward to her first time at the beach. (I've told her it is like a giant kitty litter box as far as the eye can see........ :o )

whew, on the TG booking. Last year on a Nok Air flight to Chiang Mai, they delivered a distressed cat on the baggage conveyor belt and it was left there to going round and round while bags were smashing into the crate and idiots grabbing for the luggage further terrorizing it. I swear I don't know what people are thinking at times.

whew, on the TG booking. Last year on a Nok Air flight to Chiang Mai, they delivered a distressed cat on the baggage conveyor belt and it was left there to going round and round while bags were smashing into the crate and idiots grabbing for the luggage further terrorizing it. I swear I don't know what people are thinking at times.

That's why I only fly TG when cat is with me, they allow (small) pets in the cabin.

It would be stretching matters to say she doesn't mind it, but with me right there she isn't scared.

• 4 weeks later...

~~~ A bit off topic

Where did you fly your cat from internationally speaking? I moved to Bangkok a few months ago, would love to bring my cat, but I'm not home all that much. I'm just curious as to the procedure that you went through.....