Need 400,000 Baht In Thai Bank For O Visa Extension At Bangkok

Hi. I went to the Thai immigration in Bangkok with my Thai wife around 4 weeks ago to extend my single entry O visa. They told me that i must have 400,000 in a Thai bank, in my name, for at least 2 months. I asked about earning 40,000 per month and they said absolutely no, and that I must have 400,000 baht. I went back the next day hoping that the answer would be different from another officer but same response.

We have one baby.

They gave me a 2 month extension, for 1,900 baht and asked me to put the money in that day and come back in 60 days. As the £GBP - THB exchange rate is so bad I really don't want to do this.

1/ Is this true everywhere or does is depend on who you speak to?

When I applied for the original single entry O visa in Phnom Penh, the friendly lady asked me if i wanted a multiple entry O visa. I declined thinking the extension in BKK would be easy enough.

2/ If I go back to PP for the multi entry O visa, does it last for 12 months or just 90 days with multiple entries?

Many thanks in advance.

The rule is 400,000 in the bank for 2 months OR 40,000 income per month. In both cases it has to be your money only.

police order 777/2551 point 2.18:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html

2: Within 1 year you can enter Thailand as many times as you want, but can not stay longer then 90 days eacht time. (You can leave and reenter the same day).

Was this BKK suan plu?

Some officers (and I use that word lightly) say the money must be in the bank 2 months before application, while others say it must be in 3 months before applying.

Some say that you can use either the B40K income method OR the B400K savings route while other brainboxes say that you can only apply using the B400K (savings) method.

[snip]

Some officers (and I use that word lightly) say the money must be in the bank 2 months before application, while others say it must be in 3 months before applying.

Some say that you can use either the B40K income method OR the B400K savings route while other brainboxes say that you can only apply using the B400K (savings) method.

[snip]

I can confirm these two points. And not only that, you may get two different requirments from the same officer on different days!

The rule is 400,000 in the bank for 2 months OR 40,000 income per month. In both cases it has to be your money only.

police order 777/2551 point 2.18:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/post-a70477-.html

2: Within 1 year you can enter Thailand as many times as you want, but can not stay longer then 90 days eacht time. (You can leave and reenter the same day).

Was this BKK suan plu?

Many Thanks

Yes Suan Plu.

Rather than bring in 400K from the UK, I may as well go back to PP and get a Multi entry O visa.

Cheers