Experience Extending Retirement At Mae Sai?

For years I have been extending my Non-O visa for retirement purposes annually at Suan Plu as I reside in Bangkok, and also extending my foreign (non-Thai) wife as my dependent. I am thinking about relocating to Chiang Rai and I understand I will then be dealing with the Mae Sai Immigration office?

I would appreciate hearing any first hand experience someone has extending a visa for retirement purposes at the Mae Sai office. Are they pretty much like the Bangkok office as to requirements and friendliness?

Thank you in advance for any sage advice anyone has.

i have been renewing my married visa for the past 17 years at mai-sai i have never had any problem with the staff.

if your paperwork is all in order you should not have any complant.

their english is not perfect but acceptable

Thank you for your reply about your experience. I will stop by their office and see what they will need to transfer me from Bangkok to Mae Sai for my next extension in July of this year. I will need to get a local bank account in Chiang Rai opened up first, and I assume I will have to go to Chiang Mai to get the US Embassy to "certify" my pension just before I re-extend.

I hope there will not be any confusion with them in putting my foreign (non-Thai) wife on as my dependent the same as Bangkok has been doing. But I will try to find out all of that in advance.

Thanks!