How Realistic Is It?

Met a lovely girl in BKK on a recent trip to Thailand...

The girl is already educated to degree level and is currently 2/3's of the way through an MBA at Ramkhumheng University, she has travelled extensively throughout Asia and is keen to come to the UK for two weeks during her mid-term break.

She has a 30% share in a business and has reasonable savings as her parents are wealthy. She has a car, but rents a property.

We are both 30 and I owe my owe property and earn 40k and work with local government.

If I sponsored her and she got a letter from her Uni what would be the chances of her getting a visitor visa for mid-june? She would obviously return as she intends to graduate.

Good or bad?

Met a lovely girl in BKK on a recent trip to Thailand...

The girl is already educated to degree level and is currently 2/3's of the way through an MBA at Ramkhumheng University, she has travelled extensively throughout Asia and is keen to come to the UK for two weeks during her mid-term break.

She has a 30% share in a business and has reasonable savings as her parents are wealthy. She has a car, but rents a property.

We are both 30 and I owe my owe property and earn 40k and work with local government.

If I sponsored her and she got a letter from her Uni what would be the chances of her getting a visitor visa for mid-june? She would obviously return as she intends to graduate.

Good or bad?

Provide proof of everything you have outlined and you should have a chance of her getting a visa. Remember, never leave anythign out thinking that it won't matter. It's better to overload them with proof of things than rely on them reading between the lines.

Brian. you stay out of the application. get her apply for the visitor visa as a tourist...do not sponsor....its loads easier.

if the savings are about 140,000 + then she has adequate means for a 2 week holiday.

you sponsoring just muddies the water. just came back from the visa centre 2 week backlog at the moment for confirmations. so will know about my girlfriends application in about 1-2 weeks.

The main thing the embassy want to know is will the visa applicant come back to Thailand. so outline reasons and get paper work. the business is only good if its a registered business paying tax. many here are not (similar to self employed at home) University is ok. any property owned etc building, car etc. is the car in her name or is it a family car. etc. etc

Allan

Edited by thaicbr

I think something like 90% of all visa applications are passed.

The majority of unsuccessful ones are of the "I met a girl in Pattaya last week" type.

She could just apply and not mention you as her sponsor, but if you're serious it might be better to start as you mean to go on.

All the best and good luck :o

RAZZ